January 2015 Moms
Options

IM 32 weeks prego and water broke!!Help

I went into preterm labor on the 19 which I was 31 weeks n 5 days and to make it worse the hospital I was registered at couldn't take me cuz I wasn't 32 weeks yet and they didn't have a neonatal care that could take care of babies under 31 weeks so I rode in an ambulance to a good hospital that I been at 2 nights now. They have me on FULL bed rest and they gave me magnesium to stop labor plus finIshed both the steroid shots to get his lil lungs developed sooner!!! I only dilated to 1cm and have stopped. The goal is to make it 35 weeks plus I'm having a planned c-section anyway so all I have to do is make it in here 3 more weeks and hope and pray no infections or that labor try's to start again and then when they take him at 35 weeks it's less likely he will have to go to the neonatal unit and can come on home with me and my hubby!! I've been a wreck my husband works 10 hours and has had to stay at home to watch my 15 year old son at night an get him off to school which is his stepson and this baby is his first so it's taking a toll on all of us plus I'm so emotional and trying to be strong but I'm all alone with no friends stuck here on a hospital bed. Anybody out there?!!! Any advice or wana talk?! Please help me get through this!!! ANYONE?!!

Re: IM 32 weeks prego and water broke!!Help

• Options
    I didn't realize magnesium was to stop labor.  They gave it to me for high BP in labor.  Good luck w/ the 3 more weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks yea I was on it a full 24 hours. They said it was for him but that it's used for All kinds of differnt things. I'm so scared
  • Options
    You'll be OK.  You're in the best place you can be for a safe delivery!  I know it sucks, but hang in there.
  • Options
    Thanks soo much!!! Trying so hard to stay positive and just miss my hubby too and feel so alone. I mean I have the baby and that's a blessing by itself but it just be nice to be able to reach out to ppl and they actually care or act like it lol
  • Options
    Hang in there, momma! You're in the best place that you can be right now for your baby, and that's what matters. I know you're scared (and probably bored!), but this will all be worth it in the end, I promise. At this point, every single day that your little one stays inside is of much benefit to him/her developmentally. I'm sorry that your husband can't be with you while you're there. Hope these next few weeks fly by quickly, that your baby stays put for a while longer, and that you have a safe delivery that results in a strong and healthy baby!
  • Options
    Aww made me cry but tears of joy. THANK U SOOO MUCH!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks finding that to b true and very comforting esp right now
  • Options
    I hope you can see your H soon and hope things go well with keeping the baby in as long as possible and then your L&D!

My friend's water broke at 30 weeks, and they let her go about another week, of course in the hospital and hooked up to machines and getting tests to make sure things weren't getting infected. I think that's the main reason for the 24 hour rule, but the doctors may decide to let the baby stay in longer if the risk of being born too early is bigger than the risk of infection. Her baby was actually much bigger, stronger, and healthier than the doctors had thought, so I'll pray for the same for you and your baby! Hugs!
  • Options
    Under "normal" full term circumstances, once the water breaks they want baby out within 24 hours usually. Preterm its a benefit vs risk situation. Closely monitored in a hospital they will let you go for quite a while. But baby needs to come out at the first sign of infection.

OP best of luck to you in reaching your 35 week goal.

dx:  Unexplained IF
     TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

• Options
    Thanks maebb
  • Options
    I am sorry you are on best rest.  I hope the baby stays put a little longer! Like PPs said, the 24 hour rule applies to full term pregnancies. If a preterm membrane rupture happens, a lot of the time it is better to try and keep the baby in as long as possible, but women are closely monitored for infection.

Good luck!

• Options
    Thinking of you!  I hope all goes well for you and baby!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I hope your baby stays put a little while longer!

I'm sorry that you feel lonely and scared. When I'm terribly emotional I like to try and read to take my mind off of whatever is going on. Do you like to read?

And it sucks your husband and son are so far away, but I'm glad that you have someone who can take care of your son while you're in the hospital! Just try to remember this bed rest isn't forever, and soon you'll have a baby to take home with you!
  • Options
    You are NOT alone! If you need someone to talk to message me. I'm a FTM and am pretty green lol but I can lend an ear. Stay positive girlfriend!
    BabyFetus Ticker
            BFP: 5/20/14 EDD: 1/21/15
    Come on Baby Zappia!!

• Options
    LooneyLifeLooneyLife member
    edited November 2014
    I'm assuming she posted on multiple BMBs because she's not sure when she'll actually deliver. As for the rest, who knows.

C.J. born 01/09/15

• Options
    YaMrWhiteYaMrWhite member
    edited November 2014
    I'm assuming she posted on multiple BMBs because she's not sure when she'll actually deliver. As for the rest, who knows.
    None of us actually know when we will deliver. That is why we join the board that our EDD is in. To commiserate with those are who are about as far along as we are. 

Edit: fixed errors.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    YaMrWhite said:

None of us actually know when we will deliver. That is why we join the board that our EDD is in. To commiserate with those are who are about as far along as we are. 

Edit: fixed errors.

I wasn't defending, just explaining. I can see how someone might think, I'm due in January but my water broke so I could potentially deliver in November or December. Where should I post?

C.J. born 01/09/15

• Options
    Besides flaws in posting etiquette do please participate on our board! We want you and your little one to be healthy and safe, and we want to know you better. Hang in there!
    January J'15 Siggy Challenge: Baby FAILS

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry, no advice, but sympathetic to your situation. Hopefully that hospital has good food, wifi, and a TV to at least kill sometime. 
  • Options
    Wow I didn't realize I did something wrong posting on different months because now I don't know when I'm due. I'm leaving the bump ALL TOGETHER. SOME OF U ARE REALLY MEAN AND TO SAY SOME SHIT U HAVE POSTED IS STUPID JUST CUZ IM NEW SCARED AND DIDNT KNOW WHERE AND HOW TO POST. THANKS TO SOME FOR THE NICE COMMENTS BUT GOOD BYE ID RATHER JUST BE ALONE. GO ON TALKING shit like u know somebody mean ass ppl I swear
  • Options
    That escalated quickly. Everyone was nice...
    Um no. There was one person who decided that the OP didn't follow the right protocol for posting on this board. It shouldn't matter if it's the person's first post and who cares if they posted on multiple boards the same thing. 
  • Options
    Wow I didn't realize I did something wrong posting on different months because now I don't know when I'm due. I'm leaving the bump ALL TOGETHER. SOME OF U ARE REALLY MEAN AND TO SAY SOME SHIT U HAVE POSTED IS STUPID JUST CUZ IM NEW SCARED AND DIDNT KNOW WHERE AND HOW TO POST. THANKS TO SOME FOR THE NICE COMMENTS BUT GOOD BYE ID RATHER JUST BE ALONE. GO ON TALKING shit like u know somebody mean ass ppl I swear
    Ignore ladyamanuet she just likes to start controversy over nothing. It's none of her business which boards you post on and obviously she was a lurker too on those boards to know that it was posted elsewhere. I see nothing wrong with waiting a long time to post. With my first pregnancy (on another site), I didn't post anything until I was over 30 weeks along. I had nothing to add with it being my first time around. With my second, it was about the same time that I posted because I didn't have time to post regularly having another infant at home. 
  • Options
    I didn't think D14 was that bad, maybe I missed something.
  • Options
    Wish there no need to bust some CAPS on our asses (teehee) but you need to chill! Don't add stress to yourself. Even tho I didn't see a problem with the PP opnions, if you didn't agree with it just ignore it and find comfort in all the other PP kind words. I hope you make it to where you and baby are safe and okay for delivery. How about introducting yourself and having a little more background and then just say I didn't know where to post so I posted in multiple forums but my EDD was this but I'm here in L&D panicking.

Idk seems easier and less dramatic then calling us mean and over exaggerating the situation.

• Options
    If you had actually joined and used this community the proper way, and had given support along the way, you would know where to turn to when you needed help/advice/thoughts/whatever instead of blanket posting on any and every BMB board and seeing what your AW post would bring in. If you were originally a Jan15 mom, then that's where you should have posted all along. It's not that hard of a concept. Or maybe it is, since basic spelling and grammar appear to be a real life struggle for you. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"