Stay at Home Moms
Options

ASoIaF/GoT Discussion: The Night is Dark and Full of Theories

I just finished A Song of Ice and Fire. Discussion needs to happen. 

Let's start slow:

Favorite character?
Least favorite character?
Favorite moment?
Theory-Who are Jon Snow's parents?

*I'm not sure how to avoid spoilers for people that haven't finished all of the books. So, I'm going to assume that everyone who would be posting or reading this has read A Game of Thrones. If an important plot point from one of the remaining books needs to be mentioned, throw up a *SPOILER ALERT FOR (insert book title here)* at the beginning of the post. Hopefully, when people don't want to know things about what they haven't read, they will just skip over that post. If anyone has a better idea, please suggest it!

C 1/25/09
H 2/8/14

Re: ASoIaF/GoT Discussion: The Night is Dark and Full of Theories

• Options
    Favorite character: The Hound. Who doesn't love a murderer with a heart of gold?
    -Runner Up: Gendry. He's important, I just know it.

Least favorite: Daenerys. Based on the amount of time I did not like her in the series. She started to redeem herself at the end of the last published book. Let's hope she doesn't blow it.

Favorite moment: *SPOILER ALERT FOR A CLASH OF KINGS* Dany's trip through the House of the Undying. I love foreshadowing. I appreciate it so much more after having finished the books and connecting most of the prophecies.
    -Runner Up: Any scene with Dolorous Edd. He makes me LOL.

Who are Jon Snow's parents? *SPOILER ALERT FOR EVERYTHING* R+L=J. Obviously.

C 1/25/09
    H 2/8/14

• Options
    I love Arya, hate Theon.  I agree with you on Jon Snow.  Favorite moment is harder...I think the "dracarys" thing in... book three?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A song of ice and fire is the whole series!  Game of thrones is the first book.
  • Options
    A song of ice and fire is the whole series!  Game of thrones is the first book.
    I realized that after I posted but didn't have time to come back and edit. How many books have been published? Five? I'm slowly making my way through the third one.
    Yeah, five so far.  Hopefully he gets his butt in gear and gets another one out soon.
  • Options
    Theon is actually growing on me. Or is at least I feel like he has somewhat redeemed himself.

If you've watched the show, do you think they've stayed true to the books?
    Do you prefer the books or the show?

C 1/25/09
    H 2/8/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"