High-Risk Pregnancy

Progesterone in first trimester

So today my doctor called and said my blood work yesterday showed good chug levels but progesterone was not as high as she'd like, so she put me on 200mg progesterone before bed. She said I would have to take it for the next 4 months, until I reach 10wks. Has (or is) anyone else had to take progesterone? I had a miscarriage in 2010 before getting pregnant with my son. During that pregnancy I didn't take progesterone. I must admit, I am nervous. TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Progesterone in first trimester

• I have a friend who is having infertility issues due to super low progesterone levels (multiple miscarriages they think are due to that). She takes it and she will require it in the first part of her pregnancy should be blessed with a child. 
  • Hi! I went in to see my OB at the beginning of five weeks. He also did the blood test and my results were good except for Progesterone. I am told to take it until 12 weeks, the same at night. And then after 12 weeks maybe every other night. My level was 14 and needed to be 20 (at 5 weeks standard). My friend had two miscarriages due to low progesterone so it is vital for the baby's growth. This is my first pregnancy so I am closely monitored by my doctor but so far, so good. I am 6.5 weeks now. The Progesterone needs to stay cold or it will melt.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was on progesterone suppositories until 14 weeks. I had had a prior miscarriage, so they did blood work with me early on when I got pregnant again. My progesterone was slightly low, so my doc went ahead and put me on the suppositories. I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and doing great :) 
  • I've had 2 miscarriages and have been put on progesterone suppositories 2xs a day. Nothing to worry about just have panty liners on hand because you will have lots of discharge. I wear panty liners everyday almost all day so I don't ruin my panties. Also sometimes they might cause headaches. I'm 8 weeks today and will be on them till my 13th week. Hope this helps!
  • I was on progesterone for 12 weeks after my FET cycle (nightly PIO injections).  I am also on them now, once a week, in the form of 17p to reduce my risk of preterm labor. I know many girls who are on progesterone, and while it can hurt (shots) or be messy (suppositories), it is worth it!
  • i'm on progesterone twice a day. I am not sure how long I will need to be on it just yet. My progesterone was 11.9 and they said it needs to be over 10, but I was on the low-side. I'm not 100% on how far along I am as I have crazy cycles and won't have a dating U/S until next week. I am also on Metformin, which also helps prevent m/c in women like me with PCOS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"