Stay at Home Moms

Intro: After 3 1/2 years, FINALLY a SAHM.

I used to be more active in posting some years ago on the bump, pre-baby, and my baby isn't a baby anymore. She will be 4 in Feb! I want to become more active on the boards again, so here is a little about me. 
I guess I am a little different than many SAHMs, at least the ones I know, many stay home right after they have their children and return to work when they are school age, or close to it. We did it the other way (not by choice).  Our daughter was born 2/18/11. I went back to work full time 8 weeks after baby and worked up until August of this year. We went out on a limb with less in savings than would be ideal on one income, but every day since I have been so happy and relieved with our decision. It broke mine and my husband's hearts every day when DD would cry and beg to stay home with mommy and not go to daycare, so we took a leap of faith. 
Sometimes I worry about money, but the bills are always paid on time, there is food in the pantry, and gas in our cars. So I just remind myself sometimes that many families do it with less money and more kids and that gets me through the moments of doubt. 
In the beginning I felt the need to constantly have something for me and DD to do on a daily basis, it was still summer and we are members at a health club with a pool so we did a lot of that, the library, the park, etc. Since then things have slowed down and I am less hard on myself. If all we do one day is snuggle on the couch and watch Netflix, its okay... 
Not that I am surprised, but running the home and raising our daughter is a full time job that requires a lot of time management and discipline.  Interestingly, it was easier to feel motivated to do the house chores when I was working full time because everything else in our life was so scheduled, now I feel I get lazy because I figure "there is always tomorrow" and tomorrow comes and goes... LOL So I hope checking in here will help me see how other SAHMs make it work and find balance. Thanks for taking time to learn about me, I look forward to getting to know you ladies as well. 
BabyFruit Ticker
Married 1/20/07
DD Born: 2/18/11
LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15

Re: Intro: After 3 1/2 years, FINALLY a SAHM.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"