Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

baby eczema

I took my daughter to her 2m check up the other day and was told the rash she has is eczema. any moms have a certain lotion and/ or laundry soap that they've found works well? I was told woolite detergent works well but haven't been given any suggestions for lotion

Re: baby eczema

• Options
    rmbrjryrmbrjry member
    edited November 2014
    LO#1 had really bad eczema and we tried using a few different kinds of eczema specific lotion with no success. When we asked our pediatrician she said to use a creamy body soap (versus clear; we chose Aveeno brand), only bathe when necessary, and to moisturize with Aquaphor. She didn't mention anything about laundry soap so we didn't make any changes there (we've always used Tide detergent and Bounce dryer sheets (the fragrance & dye free versions)). From our experience, the Aquaphor was honestly the most helpful part so maybe try that. Good luck!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our doc gave us a script for her eczema

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby doesn't have eczema, but my nephew had it when he was a baby and my sister swears by Aveeno's Eczema Therapy products. She used both a lotion and cleanser that worked well for him. She also mentioned that switching to a "free and clear" detergent helped, although I'm not sure what specific brand she used.
  • Options
    Aveeno makes an Eczema lotion and we've been using that. It's done wonders for his little arms and face. We also switched to Aveeno's creamy body wash and shampoo. I wish I had known how great Aveeno products were, I wouldn't have got all this Johnson and Johnson crap. All that stuff does is break him out (except the lavendar bedtime formula - that one doesn't seem to bother him.)

• Options
    I have Psorasis which is in the same family as Eczema (my nephew has eczema). We use tide gentle detergent (I know some ppl say it's not the best) but the thing is not to change soaps often. Stick with one brand and your LO 's skin will get use to the detergent. Like I have.
    We also use Arbonne products since that's only thing that provides relief for us all.

If you would like more info just pm me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"