July 2013 Moms

Yet another nap question

Has anyone gone from 2 naps to 1 and then back to 2 again?

C has been waking up so much at night, fighting naps like crazy, and generally crankier during the day the past 2-3 weeks.
I have been assuming that it all has the same cause- wonder week/teething/new baby adjustment whatever, but now I am wondering if at least some of it has to do with being over tired. Does that make sense?
I want to try giving him a morning nap tomorrow. Right now he usually wakes 8-8:30 and goes down for his one nap around 12-12:30. When should I try a morning nap, around 10?
Any other thoughts?
Married 6/18/11
BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Yet another nap question

• Lyra hasn't, but her nanny-share buddy has been back to taking 2 naps lately. Growth spurt maybe?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • econmama said:
    Noelle is now on a one-nap schedule, but takes a morning nap once every 2-3 weeks or if sick. We just follow her lead.
    yup.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Loading the player...
  • We totally have gone from two to one and back to two. If he wakes up early, he takes a short mid morning nap, then a short afternoon nap. If he wakes up late, he does a one nap deal...and it's usually a super long one (2-3.5 hours).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• econmama said:

Noelle is now on a one-nap schedule, but takes a morning nap once every 2-3 weeks or if sick. We just follow her lead.

This exactly.
    Me too.
  • We have always been following his lead- never had any kind of schedule. But now I can't figure out waht he wants/needs, and I'm not sure he knows either.
    Married 6/18/11

• He does one nap at DC but sometimes we do two on the weekends if he seems really tired around 8:30/9 am. I try to limit the length of that one to 60-90 mins though, so he'll still take an afternoon nap. Some days we can get away with just one, though, and he wakes around 7, and goes down around 12/12:30.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How long does he sleep if he takes 1 nap? Some days LO is very tired but even if I put him down he won't fall asleep if it's not naptime, but maybe that's because we transitioned 3 months ago. He does sleep 2.5 to 3 hours on his nap time. Children this age, in theory, should be sleeping 11-12 hours by night and 2-3 hours during the day, if your one-nap is less than 2 hours I would consider going back to 2 for a while untile he is ready to sleep longer.... but I am no expert! That's just what I'd do.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• My son switched to napping earlier.   He wakes up at 8.   He was napping at 12ish.   Now, he is ready to nap at 10, but I try to keep him up til at least 11.   When he naps at 10,  he won't take a 2nd nap.   So, then he is up from 12/1 all the way until 7!   I try to put him down around 3, but he refuses to sleep.

This is us, except E has been waking at 6 since DST. So now instead of napping 11:30-2:00, he naps 10-12 or 1 of we are lucky. Then he's up until 7:30.
  • How long does he sleep if he takes 1 nap? Some days LO is very tired but even if I put him down he won't fall asleep if it's not naptime, but maybe that's because we transitioned 3 months ago. He does sleep 2.5 to 3 hours on his nap time. Children this age, in theory, should be sleeping 11-12 hours by night and 2-3 hours during the day, if your one-nap is less than 2 hours I would consider going back to 2 for a while untile he is ready to sleep longer.... but I am no expert! That's just what I'd do.

Since we have been having so many issues the times have varied so much. Sometimes he will sleep for 3.5 hrs, but its usually more like 1-1.5. Whichbisnpart of the reason I want to try two again.
    Married 6/18/11

• Kamryn has been just taking one nap a day for the past month or two but for the last two weeks she has been refusing to nap at all and it is so frustrating because she is major cranky pants! 
  • Kamryn has been just taking one nap a day for the past month or two but for the last two weeks she has been refusing to nap at all and it is so frustrating because she is major cranky pants! 
    I would die. I hope he's planning on naps until he's 8.
    Married 6/18/11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"