TTC after 35

NTTCR: FB vent

(Children mentioned, not mine of course)

I wish there was a FB filter to eliminate all the pictures of adorable little babies of my friends that are cluttering up my news feed. Seriously just today there are almost 30 adorable pictures of various ages of babies.
Obviously I'm at a heightened sense of awareness. I don't want to delete or hide them because I am close to most of their parents. Ugh.
So I'm just going to vent....

So vent with me....what's bugging you??

Re: NTTCR: FB vent

• lcwedlcwed member
    edited November 2014
    I'm sorry about that. I avoided Facebook for almost 2 weeks so I would miss February due date announcements and then when I logged on, an acquaintance posted her late pregnancy announcement. When I saw it, I was in tears. FB seems like a necessary evil sometimes. ((Hugs))
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• FB can be tough some times.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • I definitely have to take FB breaks sometimes. Hugs!
  • Just another perspective perhaps, I'd much rather see healthy smiling faces of friends/family than hear one more heart wrenching story on the local news about abuse, neglect, death, etc of children. 
    Step away when it's too much, I'm sorry for your pain and oh so hope it is just temporary!
  • @kelley72 that is a great perspective to have! 

I have over 900 people on my FB, luckily not all of them are trying for a family but I do see announcements sometimes. I can't step away from FB because I use it for specific things :(

What did get me going is the fake sonogram that everyone is passing around that has a shape of a turkey and they are saying their due date is Nov 27th. 

I HATE that it bothers me because prior to my shituation, I would have thought it was quite cute. 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• CML11 said:
    (Children mentioned, not mine of course) I wish there was a FB filter to eliminate all the pictures of adorable little babies of my friends that are cluttering up my news feed. Seriously just today there are almost 30 adorable pictures of various ages of babies. Obviously I'm at a heightened sense of awareness. I don't want to delete or hide them because I am close to most of their parents. Ugh. So I'm just going to vent.... So vent with me....what's bugging you??
    Actually, there is.  It's called UnBaby.me.  I've never tried it and can't vouch for it, though.

I'm sorry you're struggling.  I agree, Facebook can be horrid.  >:P
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• I have been using FB less and less and making my circle smaller.  I just can't get on board with I met you, lets be friends.  I'm so glad the election is over and I no longer have to read political point of views (for the moment).  I do like the connection I have with some people though because I'm terrible at the phone so I can't get rid of it.  
  • I haven't done FB in over 2 years and I don't miss it one bit! ;)
    Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• @Davie813‌ I will look into that! Thank you!
  • C_GirlieC_Girlie member
    edited November 2014
    So I don't appear so mean I like the picture or status then I hide it so I don't have to see it on my feed
  • shadiddynycshadiddynyc member
    edited November 2014
    I haven't logged on to fb in over 2 wks. Sometimes you have to take a break from it & I'm with you. I do get envious seeing pictures of friends babies & even watching them grow up. I really hate when ppl ask me when I'm gonna have a baby, like it's my choice not to. I'm very private so only my best friend knows about my struggle with trying to conceive. She even offered to be my surrogate before I knew the real issue of why I wasn't getting pregnant. I love talking to her because she's extremely supportive. I'm also her two children's grandmother. Right now this is my safe haven. I look forward to everyone's updates & we can all relate to each other.

***that was supposed to read godmother not grandmother lol .
  • Aww @shadiddynyc‌ sounds like you have an awesome friend. She's willing to carry a baby for you. Good luck in your TTC journey. Because I've been m.i.a I'm not quite sure what your diagnosis is, but FX for u (((hugs)))
  • I can almost deal with the babies, but when people post sonograms, I want to punch them in the face! Particularly the early ones. It mostly just brings up trauma, which is awesome. I hate FB sometimes!
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • My SIL texted me her ultrasound pic a few months ago. I cried and cried. It was even harder when they skyped to talk about how excited they were. They said my DH and I should get pregnant too so we could be due around the same time. Felt like I got punched in the gut.
  • Clearly after my news Im thinking a FB break is in order too. One of our best friends is PG too and my feed is blasted with their gender reveal party/photos ..........i can't. I just can't. 

That and i have friends with brand new babies and then top off I'm a photographer.....with lots of friends in the industry and part of FB groups and my feed is always full of their latest work. Much of which is Newborns. 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Oh @KirstenAlecia‌ I just can't even begin to explain how sorry I am. FB break is definitely a good idea. You don't need to be seeing any of that right now. Just focus on doing what you need to do to help heal this loss.

If you need an ear, I'm here for you.
  • ALL of my friends are pregnant, just had a newborn, is on kid #2, etc. And it is all out there all the time on FB. Even my mostly single 42 yo friend who is doing IVF with a  donor is  P with maybe twins! For the last two years, I focused on being a good friend and not turning bitter and trying to convince myself I'm not obsessed. Well, guess what...I'm accepting where I am right now! I've even accepted that I can't do my pilates class next to a good friend who is now 15 weeks. and will suck it up and go walking with another friend tonight who is 36 weeks.

Sorry. Needed to share my vent. I hate that when I talk about this stuff, they probably pity me or something. But I can't not say my disappointment with how things have gone.  So, do what you all need to do. Take a break. Or say what you want to say. I have a love/hate relationship with FB.

*****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"