May 2014 Moms
Options

Nursing with the stomach flu...

.... is SO much fun!! That's all. #winning

Re: Nursing with the stomach flu...

• Options
    I was just thinking about this the other day since she will only go to sleep rocking and nursing. So I thought what if I get the stomach flu then what?! So sorry!! Hopefully you're feeling better!

• Options
    Ugh. That sounds like a whole bunch of no fun. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yuck. That sounds awful! I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    That really sucks. Hope you feel better soon. Last time it happened to me I had to call DH to come home from work because I was literally too weak to pick up the baby out of her crib. No fun!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Luckily I have DH here to help today. This reminds me of morning sickness. Cheers to those moms who go through morning sickness with infants/toddlers!
  • Options
    Did your baby end up getting the flu from you spinsoffresonance
  • Options
    Babies are vaccinated at 2 months against the rotavirus, which is the most common strain of stomach flu. I was glad to hear this, since I just went through the same thing on Sunday/Monday- DS1, who is 5 brought it home from school and spread it to both mine, and H's entire family as well as us. So far, LO has not got it (4 days later) so I am assuming the vaccine did it's job.

Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
  • Options
    becole42 said:
    I had the stomach flu 7 months pregnant. Ts and Ps to you. And zofran (sp?)
    I also had it when I was pregnant, like 38 weeks along. I couldn't eat for 4 days or drink hardly anything for a couple of days. I was very worried but my OB said to just let it pass. My DS1 ended up getting it right before I was scheduled for my induction, and he threw up for nearly a week, and could not meet his baby brother for several days as we were worried about our newborn getting it. :/
    Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    audradean said:

Did your baby end up getting the flu from you spinsoffresonance

Actually the baby caught it at daycare and gave it to me. I made DH come home and gave it to him.
  • Options
    lilbeautysxtlilbeautysxt member
    edited November 2014
    I had a stomach virus a few months ago and got very dehydrated as well. One time I tried to nurse I couldn't get to let down. But when I pumped it was fine. So I just had to go that route a few times. --- side note and may be TMI... But did anyone who has had flu/virus and were throwing up feel like you had a let down while throwing up? Random and gross I know but everytime I threw up I felt that same sensation...? Thank goodness it was only a 24hr virus...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"