July 2012 Moms
Options

Favorite Things

What are a few of your favorite things lately?  I'm looking for gift ideas around $50 to add to my wishlist for a secret santa exchange. 

Re: Favorite Things

• Options
    Nail polish, scarves, food (chocolates, cupcakes, brownies), planners (I just got a new one and I love it).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cosmetics, hair products, something new for your kitchen may be? I have been looking at cute egg cups and ice cream bowls at amazon that I want...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oprah always used to list Kiva gift cards in her favorite things, and it's one of my favorite gifts to give. Of course, it's not for everyone.

However, everyone likes wine or a special bottle of liquor. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    Booze. All the booze. Nail Polish, and makeup. I love my Naked 3 Palette. Always eyeing the Lorac Pro Palette since I've heard good things. I was also eyeing the MAC Neutrals palette because it comes with blush and a lipstick, but I dont see it on the website. I have little bit of a palette addiction so I stop myself from going overboard.

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    @Barefoot84 I'd never heard of Kiva. Hmm interesting. 

@Nesenotes I usually put a bunch of sephora stuff on there. I have the Naked 3 palette otherwise I'd ask for that! Last year I got makeup brushes and Wen shampoo.

I could use some new scarves so I'm adding some to my list!
  • Options
    Perfume is good in that price point. I love Burberry Brit & Burberry Weekend
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I love those makeup palettes around Christmas. I also love scarves, benefit they're real mascara (my latest obsession) and wine.

@nesenotes‌ I was going to ask you about the naked palettes I was going to put one on my Christmas list and can't decide which one. Any thoughts?

I like Naked1 and 3. 3 might win for your skin because you aren't olive. 1 is very brown/warm. 3 is all rose/purple so it's a really good neutral

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
  • Options
    nesenotesnesenotes member
    edited November 2014

nesenotes said:

Booze. All the booze. Nail Polish, and makeup. I love my Naked 3 Palette. Always eyeing the Lorac Pro Palette since I've heard good things. I was also eyeing the MAC Neutrals palette because it comes with blush and a lipstick, but I dont see it on the website. I have little bit of a palette addiction so I stop myself from going overboard.

@nesenotes I have the Naked palette and need (read:want) a new one!  I freaking love palettes, but then I have like all the eyeshadow.  I have a Sephora brand palette that I am not a huge fan of and have used maybe once, but I use my Naked palette every single day.  Also--can you recommend your favorite eyeliner?  I am in the stage of changing every time I run out because I can't find something I love.  I can't use MAC, bareminerals is okay, and I am currently using Urban Decay's 8 pack and it's alright. 

My favorite things are makeup, clothes, scentsy stuff, wine is always good, bath stuff (good bath stuff).

I go cheap with liner because I've found Drugstore stays on just as well. I like a cat eye. So I always use either the Maybeline gel liner (it will not come off and lasts all day and is a really good dupe for smashbox's caviar!) Or the NYX 2 timer (ulta). I use NYX daily, Maybeline for bigger outings.

• Options

Thanks @nesenotes‌! I love having a makeup expert around here!

Thanks! It's an expensive hobby, DH does not share your sentiments =)) He's like you don't have enough makeup? ? Is that really a question? Lol. I've been really trying to get better about branching into some drugstore stuff, but I always go back to the good stuff for shadow/mascara/blush. The rest can be done cheaply.

• Options
    nesenotesnesenotes member
    edited November 2014
    @origamimommy1023‌ I just started using L'Oréal True match in w5. It's the only yellow drugstore brand that works for me. I set it with Ben Nye banana powder and I think it the Ben Nye makes it last a little longer (and it's also really cheap since it's cinema makeup). For $10 it's not bad! I was spending $40 on coverfx.

I know @zpanjwani‌ loves Revlon and says it was a really great dupe for make up forever. It just looked too pink for me. I need a very yellow base.

I also prime and use the NYX matte setting spray after. So all that helps it last all day.

• Options

I need to get some of that setting spray. My foundation is usually rubbed off by 1pm. I just went back to using the loreal youth code BB cream and I like it as much as the more expensive one I was using. I like BB creams because they are easy to apply and I mostly just need to even out my skin tone.

That's probably because you need a powder to lock it. If you don't do a powder over it rubs right off. So I do liquid, powder on a big fluffy brush, then a couple of spritzes of setting spray to Lock it all on. Elf makes a translucent powder for $3 I believe. You could skip the setting spray with a bb. I just use it because the Ben Nye is really powdery.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"