Trying to Get Pregnant

---- WTO WEDNESDAY ---

I didn't see this started so I thought I'd give it a go!

Cycle/month:

CD:

What are you doing to get KTFU?

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears?
*Aug '15 Siggy Challenge - Mean Girl*
image    image
BabyFruit Ticker
My 2 boys ages 8 & 10
BFP#3 EDD 8/19/2015
mc @ 7wks 4/2014

Me 31 H 33

Re: ---- WTO WEDNESDAY ---

• Cycle/month: Month 7 AL

CD:

everything and just waiting to O. Which looks like it may not happen again this month.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: 
    Just frustrated with being on CD38. Last month I ovulated on CD33 and I thought that was bad! hmph!

I am terrified of spiders with is entirely rational!! But I also have this weird fear of those tall blow-up things with the wavy arms that they have in front of car dealerships. I guess it's just the way they move that freaks me the fuck out!
    I also dislike whales.
    image    image
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My 2 boys ages 8 & 10
    BFP#3 EDD 8/19/2015
    mc @ 7wks 4/2014

Me 31 H 33

• Cycle/month: 7
    CD: 21, think I o'd yesterday just wait here for crosshairs
    What are you doing to get KTFU? chart temp, etc, sex 
    Rants/Raves/Symptoms: just a little irritated I didn't O a few days earlier as our timing would have been increased

Warning **death mentioned**
    GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears?  I have a pretty specific fear of driving over long bridges with all the kids in the car and falling/crashing over the sides into a large body of water.  One of the most disturbing Oprah episodes I ever watched was of a family who had that happen, the mother fell asleep at the wheel crashed into a lake/river with six children in the car.  It was so horribly sad and tragic, 3 of the children died including an infant and two toddlers.  I don't know how that woman stayed sane after that... she and her husband did go on to have three more children.

• Loading the player...
  • llw42614llw42614 member
    edited November 2014
    Cycle/month: 2/2

CD: 19

BBT, CM, plenty of sexy time ;-)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I moved myself to the TWW yesterday bc I was absolutely sure my temp would jump today... Well needless to say I'm back.
    My chart is a mind fuck so I guess I will just keep HIO.
    https://fertilityfriend.com/home/545384

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears??
    ETA: I thought I was clear on this one until I remembered... The pressure cooker.. I won't use one because they freak me out... One wrong move & boom! Lol

orange is the new black red reznikov gif

*Jan Siggy Challenge--Mean Girls*

BabyFruit Ticker

Married: 4/26/14 - DH "J": 33 - ME: 27 - DS "G": 12/21/09

TTC #2 since October 2014 - BFP 12/2/2014!! - EDD 8/13/2015!

• llw42614llw42614 member
    edited November 2014
    becwheat said:

Can the fact that my house recent turned into an ice box have anything to do with the slightly lower temps? Cause Monday's temp was definitely a dip and they have been a little low ever since. I strongly dislike winter. 
    --------------------------------

^^^^THIS.... Ugh!

ETA: mobile quote box fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Cycle/month: 1/1

CD: 3

What are you doing to get KTFU? BBT using FF, when AF is done EOD sex, OPK's, CM, Preseed and taking PNV's

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: none I think I've mastered the art of taking my temp and seeing the temp without disturbing H's sleep.

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? Spiders, tripping and falling.

• Cycle/month: 7/8

CD: 7

What are you doing to get KTFU? Water, weight loss, bbt, PNV. EOD sex later in cycle.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I hate the waiting part! I just want to get to my fertile window!

I don't think it's irrational but I'm terrified of death. Like full blown panic attacks if I think about it too much.

Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    BFP #2 5/25/15 EDD 2/4/2016
    It's a BOY!
  • Cycle/month: 8/8 (2/2 AL)

CD: 3

What are you doing to get KTFU? waiting for my period to end

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I am still sick and slept horrible last night. I can't seem to shake this cough which kept both me and my husband up all night. Otherwise not much. I'm dreading when my daughter gets up because yesterday she was a bear and screamed at me all day. Hoping today is not a repeat of yesterday.

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? Drains and falling in the shower - those are unrelated however. 

Married: June 25, 2011 
    Our beautiful girl came into our lives October 15, 2012 
    TFAS: March 2014 
    BFP #2 July 2014 Miscarriage (6 weeks) August 2014 
    BFP #3 September 2014 Chemical Pregnancy September 2014 
    Seeing the RE: February 2015 
    Diagnosis PCOS: February 2015

BFP #4 April 2015 Chemical Pregnancy April 2015
    BFP #5 June 2015 EDD: 3/5/16
    Our rainbow baby came into our lives February 27, 2016
    BFP #6 January 2018 Miscarriage (7 weeks) February 2018
    BFP #7 April 2018 EDD: 12/23/18

• Cycle/month: 3

CD:

What are you doing to get KTFU? temping, OPKs, FWP (f-cking with purpose), PNVs always, green tea/water

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: well after yesterday's freak-out about OPKs, i saw a darker line again this morning (but not quite positive). looks like i'm gearing up to O again... let's hope I lay an egg this time! 

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? I once opened a shaken-up (i didn't know it was shaken up) liter of soda at a party, and it was like a movie - the entire thing sprayed all over me, my hair, my clothes, my makeup was ruined, etc.. it was very traumatic (but probably funny for everyone watching!) so now i will not open any bottle or can of pop unless i know it has been sitting still for like 5 minutes, haha.  i also hate birds - yuck. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

peer into my ute

TTGP January Siggy Challenge:
  • Cycle/month: 1/3 (longggg cyle after stopping BCP)

CD: 8

What are you doing to get KTFU? Started charting BBT this week, DH is on his monthly long break (7 days) starting friday so HIO every day next week hopefully.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: nothing to speak of yet...

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? Characters....Easter Bunny, Mickey Mouse....they don't talk. Freaky. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Me: 26; DH:30
    TTC #1 9/14

• Cycle/month: 2/2

CD: 14

What are you doing to get KTFU? We are between TTA and NTNP so temping and PNV.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: temp jump, cramps and an unrelated stomach bug.

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? Anything to do with teeth falling out or breaking. I almost pass out every time my nephew shows me a loose tooth.
  • mandy522mandy522 member
    edited November 2014
    @becwheat If you're temping orally cold weather can affect your temps if it actually changes the air temp in your house (eg if you sleep with an open window). I would keep your thermostat setting consistent to take that variable out of the equation. That being said - I don't think it makes such a big impact that your chart wouldn't be readable. I live in a pretty brutally cold place and I've always seen a temp jump when I O, no matter how cold it is outside. Looking at your chart, I would guess O is just coming later than expected.

@llw42614 Why do you say your chart is a mindfuck? Other than that one higher temp on CD15, it looks pretty normal to me.

Cycle/month: 4

CD: 11

What are you doing to get KTFU? All the things

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Nada

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? Flying. I know it's safe, I know the stats, I know how airplanes work, but I'm just convinced every single time I fly that the airplane is going to fall out of the sky. We travel a lot, and I've gotten better about it lately, but I have to take medication most of the time.
    January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• @llw42614, Are you using OPK's?

@rlpointer I hope you start feeling better soon and have a much better day today than yesterday.

Cycle/month: 4

CD: 12

What are you doing to get KTFU? BBT, CM, OPK, AI

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Positive OPK this morning! 

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? Spiders are definitely at the top of the list along with seizures and having to be intubated while awake.  (The last two stem from a terrifying experience when I was in the fourth grade.)
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Gasbarro2011Gasbarro2011 member
    edited November 2014
    Cycle/month: 1/1

CD: 4

What are you doing to get KTFU? EOD &/or ED starting on CD16 until post-O.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I am frickin' exhausted lately and seem to have pulled something in my back and my left collarbone hurts.  I haven't had time to work out in more than 2 weeks, so I am determined to make it to my Spin Class today.  I won't make it back again until December, and I want to not feel too guilty for all of the Birthday Cake & Thanksgiving food I will be eating in the next week or so.

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? I have a couple, but the first one that pops to mind is my fear of large close crowds.  I don't like being absolutely surrounded by people; it is like my claustrophobia.  I can handle it if I am holding onto someone I know, but if I am alone in a crowded space I start to get panicky. 

*Edited for grammer.
  • Cycle/month: 3/3

CD: 17

What are you doing to get KTFU? Sex, bbt, cm, and pnv

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: crampy and trying to figure out my cm. I'm ready to O already!!

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? Birds, falling (low heights), and not being prepared for presentations, meetings, papers, etc.
    Stashes are deeply personal.
    Me 27 ~ DH 30
    Married 6/9/12
    TTC #1 Since 09/2014
  • @mandy522 mindfuck not so much because of the chart itself but more bc based on secondary signs I was almost positive that I ovulated in the past few days and was waiting for the temp shift to confirm. I realize my temp won't lie so it is what it is.

@sdfonz619‌ in the past I have had no luck with OPKs. Even when I was able to confirm O had taken place based on temp shift my previous OPKs had all read negative so I quit using them. I think my LH surge must be too short & I am not timing them right.

BabyFruit Ticker

• llw42614 said:
    @mandy522 mindfuck not so much because of the chart itself but more bc based on secondary signs I was almost positive that I ovulated in the past few days and was waiting for the temp shift to confirm. I realize my temp won't lie so it is what it is. @sdfonz619‌ in the past I have had no luck with OPKs. Even when I was able to confirm O had taken place based on temp shift my previous OPKs had all read negative so I quit using them. I think my LH surge must be too short & I am not timing them right.
    Have you tried the wondfo OPK's?  I have missed my surge in the past and was using CB.  When I switched to wondfo I also started testing twice per day - earlier in the day with SMU and then later in the afternoon.  This may help you catch even a short surge and make this process a little less frustrating.  Either way, GL!
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Thanks @sdfonz619‌ .. I still have some wondfos so maybe I will try your suggestion and at least use them up.

BabyFruit Ticker

• millegirlmillegirl member
    edited November 2014
    @elizabetheleven Thanks for starting. Sorry for the confusing cycle, I would be annoyed too.

Bee1112 I hate the waiting too, I feel like I'm always waiting for something. TWW or WTO, life is just a loop of waiting with TTC.

becwheatllw42614

Cycle/month: 5/4

CD: 5

cluckster.  Its freezing in my office so its nice anyways.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: none. My predicted O is Thanksgiving, which for some reason feels lucky to me- even though I realize

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? I am afraid of heights in general, I have to have all the wine to fly even though I travel often. So I also relate to the bridge thing.

I am also really afraid of giving birth. Its not stopping me anymore, but I have always been super afraid of it. We postponed TTC for a year so I could work on it with my lovely therapist. All I can think about is what if I die and then my baby has to live with that knowledge and without me ( I realize it's very rare, for that to happen - hence the irrational part!).

Due August 22, 2015 with first LO

Image and video hosting by TinyPicPregnancy Ticker
  • Cycle/month: 1

CD: 13

What are you doing to get KTFU? BBT, CM, PNV, Preseed, EOD

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm expecting to ovulate sometime in the next few days, so I feel like it's even more important that my temps are accurate. So of course the last 2 days I've woken up 2 hours early only to lie there and try and decide if it's more important to temp at the same time or as soon as waking up. Which results in me temping after lying awake for about an hour, making it ~1 hour early. Compromise? Could be why my temps have dropped over half a degree the last 2 days. It's frustrating, but I just can't shut my mind off and fall back asleep no matter how much I tell myself we'll still do EOD regardless of temps.

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? Cats. House cats, stray cats, all cats. I used to love them but my dad had an evil one when I was little that would chase you across the room and take flying leaps at your legs leaving behind claws. No lie I once slept in the bathroom because I got up in the middle of the night to pee and she was waiting outside the door for me. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @becwheat, i feel ya. all of a sudden my cycles are longer than normal after starting TTC and getting my IUD out... funny how that happens huh? thanks body.

llw42614 - we are kind of in the same boat, although i didn't have a huge temp spike like you did. but i could've sworn I o'ed like 5 days ago due to an almost positive opk and EWCM, but my temps have yet to confirm. so i will keep waiting ... argh.

@millegirl - good luck! my first two cycles i only got watery cm, not egg white. this cycle i've been drinking a TON of water, green tea, and grapefruit juice and i finally got ewcm. 

peer into my ute

TTGP January Siggy Challenge:
  • millegirl said:

I am also really afraid of giving birth. Its not stopping me anymore, but I have always been super afraid of it. We postponed TTC for a year so I could work on it with my lovely therapist. All I can think about is what if I die and then my baby has to live with that knowledge and without me ( I realize it's very rare, for that to happen - hence the irrational part!).

It sounds like your situation is more complicated than average labor fears, but I know a lot of women who are worried about labor have great success working with a doula.  They are a birthing partner that works in tandem with your doctor or midwife, but their focus is 100% on you, and they are there the whole time. Also, they usually start working with you well before you deliver, and they can help you with a birth plan and talk through what the stages of labor will be so you have more knowledge about what to expect. I know you can't make an irrational fear just go away, and you've obviously talked with a pro about this, but perhaps being prepared with a birth plan and having a dedicated support system will give you a bit more control over the situation, and help you manage through the fear?

BabyFruit Ticker

, EDD 9-9-15

• Cycle/Month: 5/5

CD: 14

What are you doing to get KTFU: everything....this month however we aren't really trying for perfectly timed sex. I needed a break from obsessing if we hit once or twice in FW I will be happy.

Rants/Raves/Chartstalks: should be gearing up to O here shortly. Which is good I guess. I don't know. The novelty of TTC has worn off. I'm not really super hopeful for this cycle but the thought of moving to cycle 6 breaks my heart a little.

GTKY: roller coasters give me panic attacks. And I've never even been on a roller coaster.

~**~Me (27) <3 DH (30)~**~
    **Love = August 12, 2012**
    **Marriage = July 4, 2014**
    **Baby Carriage = TBD**

Anniversary
  • Cycle/month: 9/8

What are you doing to get KTFU? PNV, Temping, Opk and of course Sex! 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:  None really right now...

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears?  The dark, I usually end up freaking myself out because of it.  When I'm home alone I usually end up having every light on in the house. Also If I'm leaving a room and turn off the lights and it's dark I literally run out of the room like something is chasing me. (Clearly nothing is chasing me)

And now enjoy a gif of a cat turning off a light...(I am super happy my cats cannot do this, although it is a pretty cool cat talent.)

• @joi922 I absolutely HATE getting stuck under a bridge.  There are several highways around here where you can get stuck at a red light underneath the overpass and it freaks me out every single time.

Cycle/month: 4(1AL) / 5

CD:  15

What are you doing to get KTFU?  EOD Sex, OPKs

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:  Completely forgot to put the dang thermometer in my room last night so I still have yet to start temping this cycle.  Then wouldn't you know, I get a positive OPK this morning.  I'm not sure I believe it, and I'll keep testing for a while just to see if my body gears up again, but if I do in fact O in the next couple of days this will be my shortest cycle since 2012!

I would say I'm irrationally scared of my basement.  There are spiders and other bugs down there, which I hate.  I'm always sure that a snake must have come in the window somehow, or there is some creepster, monster or ghost hanging out down there.  I'm ridiculous.
  • @BreezyMeema‌ I have that same dream about being understaffed at a restaurant! Whenever I'm stressed at work. It's horrible.

BabyFruit Ticker

, EDD 9-9-15

• Cycle/month: 4/3

CD: 10

What are you doing to get KTFU? PNV, OPK, CM, EOD sex, Clomid+Follistim

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Nope.

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? I totally agree with being afraid of the ocean because I can't see through the water. I also saw a huge millipede at my mom's house in the basement and now I avoid going down there.
    Me: 29 DH: 34 Married 9/8/12 Started TTC 10/01/12
    Dx: Hypothalamic amenorrhea by RE in 2/2013
          Provera + Ovidrel trigger = BFP #1 3/24/13
    DD born 11/12/13
    TTC #2 since 9/01/14
    Tamoxifen + Ovidrel trigger = CP (cycle 3)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Suess

TTGP January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

• Cycle/month:  4/5

What are you doing to get KTFU?  temping, opks, eod starting today

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:  nah

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears?  I have a really bad social anxiety/fear about fainting in public. It happened once and I was terrified when I woke up, so now if I feel lightheaded or dizzy I get super paranoid and sit down trying to breathe. 

• Cycle/month: 3

CD: 7

What are you doing to get KTFU? Nothing yet, Just finished AF and a hellish work week.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: crash c-section last night... thick, thick meconium. Baby went to one of our bigger sister hospitals. Lucky they were going to try and extubate the baby today. Mom is doing well though. It just breaks my heart when I see things like that. She was suppose to be scheduled for today. Charting for 4-5 hours after that. didn't even get to eat a stick of celery! UGH. End rant.

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? A ton. Elevators is a big one.

DH 28, Me 28
    TTC September 2014
    Moderate-Severe Endo
    Hypothyroidism
    Surgery 2/10- successful

• Cycle/month: 2/2

CD: 14

What are you doing to get KTFU? Temping, checking CM & CP, doin' it.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears?OMG YASS! Emetophobia = phobia of vomiting... I can't even describe the lengths I go to to stop myself from being nauseous/throwing up, so I'm sure morning sickness will be a real peach for me *rolls eyes*
  • Hello!

Cycle/month: 2/2

CD: 1

What are you doing to get KTFU? I've been debating whether or not to order some Wondfos this round but I'm still not sure. I might just continue with temping and CM charting for now. 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: AF got me a little down, but now at least I know that I can get my drink on at our company Christmas party in two weeks, so I will just look forward to that. 

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? Pretty much every time DH makes me watch a scary movie I am convinced that demons and ghosts are lurking in my house waiting to get me. They could be under the bed, in the bathroom mirror, in the basement....
    Also, I am terrified of jellyfish. I can't go in the water if there are jellyfish around.

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 30, DH: 30, Married Since 2009
  • Cycle/month: Who knows.

CD: Couldn't tell you.

What are you doing to get KTFU? Haven't been able to appropriately chart my exact days because I haven't had a period since before I started Depo. Still waiting to Ovulate. In the meantime, tons of practice sex! Lol.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Took my first OPK today because over the past 2 days I've had a lot of CM that I didn't have while on Depo, so I got excited. Very faint line. Lame. :(

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? IRRATIONAL fears... would have to be worms. I don't know what it is about them, but I hate looking at them and I sure as heck don't want to touch them. Just something about the way they move freaks me out.
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge!
    Favorite Christmas Movie: ELF
    Our Journey
    Married, April 5th, 2014
    Adopted a furbaby, October 2014
    TTC #1 since November 2014
  • Cycle/month: 4/4

CD: 1

What are you doing to get KTFU? The usual (BBT, CM, OPKs, etc), but this month I'm adding potassium iodide drops to hopefully help increase my almost non-existent fertile CM.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Horrible cramps and I'm cranky. I hate CD1. My luteal phase was one day longer this month and I was hoping my period wasn't going to come.

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears?  Centipedes terrify me.
    Me: 30  DH: 45
    Married: 7/19/2014
    TTC #1 since 8/2014
    BFP 1/10/15 EDD 9/22/15

BabyFruit Ticker
    Sept. '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance
  • Looked all over the newbie cheat sheets and can't seem to find WTO. I'm usually good with the acronyms but I'm stumped. (And knowing me it'll be an obvious one too) :-/
  • @phillies05 its waiting to ovulate
    image    image
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My 2 boys ages 8 & 10
    BFP#3 EDD 8/19/2015
    mc @ 7wks 4/2014

Me 31 H 33

• Ah, knew it had to be something simple. Glad to know there's a thread I can join during this downtime
  • Cycle/month: 1/1 (new to the TTC process)

CD: 5

What are you doing to get KTFU? Digital OPK, charting, tons of vitamins, fertility teas, and lots of sleep

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: DH thinks I'm being too planned/type A about TTC and should "just let things happen naturally" (translated sex 3x a day)

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? I have 2... Falling down stairs and knocking out my front teeth in the process. The other is ice skating. I am always afraid I'm going to fall and someone's going to skate over my fingers, cutting them off. (They're building an ice skating rink by my house right now and it's making me a little anxious when I have to drive by it)

1st Date: 9-1-07 ~ Married: 9-4-10 ~ DS born: 9-30-15 ~ LO#2 due: 11-8-18
  • Cycle/month: 1/1

CD: 16

What are you doing to get KTFU? Sex, checking CM, OPKs, temping

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I just had my Mirena removed  (on 11/4 with what seemed like a period from 11/7 to 11/13) and ovulation is no where in sight. I know it could take a while but I'm hoping for ovulation soon.

GTKY: Do you have any irrational fears? Unlocked windows or doors....I cannot sleep with windows open or doors unlocked bc I am terrified someone will break in to rape and/or kill me (I clearly watch too many crime shows).

My Ovulation Chart

TTC our first together <3
    Removed Mirena 11/4/14
    DD 6/27/2011
    SO's DD 5/30/2009

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"