Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Should i get a baby bottle sterilizer?

I like the avent 3-in-1 electric baby bottle steam sterilizer but not sure if i should buy it or just get the avent microwave sterilizer !! Does anyone have any of this ones n could tell me how does it work for you please?

Best Answers

• Ahlome08Ahlome08 member
    edited November 2014 Answer ✓
    Honestly, the nurses in the hospital told me, as long as the bottles are bpa free (which I think most are nowadays), you can run them through the dishwasher and it dies the same thing.
  • deevaswanideevaswani member
    Answer ✓

You can easily sanitize bottles etc. by putting them in boiling water for 5-7 minutes.  No need for any gadgets. 

• Loading the player...
  • MrsMac613MrsMac613 member
    Answer ✓
    I have the Avent microwave sterilizer but I've only used it a few times. I came across medela sterilizer bags and they were so much easier to use.

Anniversary 

Answers

• Thankz ladies
  • I just boiled everything on the stove before using it the first time...
    Just as long as it gets washed in HOT HOT water it's all good.
  • I have the tommee tippee pricey one...I have used it exactly 0 times. Just wash it in hot water and you're good.
  • I've been told that they are a waste of space and money and that there are so many more better methods to clean your bottles

• You could buy the MAM bottles of your interested in self sterilizing bottles. You put all the parts down inside the bottle with a little water and sterilize them in their microwave for "x" of v time depending on how many You do at once. The only thing with those bottles is to make sure they are tightly together (the whole bottle disassembles including rubber ring) or it will leak. If you're so set on sterilization You can kill two birds with one stone with these bottles. They are also reduced air/colic! Congratulations and goodluck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"