September 2013 Moms
Options

Cloth vs Toothbrush

Is using a cloth just as effective for cleaning baby's teeth as a toothbrush?  Given that we aren't using toothpaste with him yet.

Re: Cloth vs Toothbrush

• Options
    I'm not sure, but we use a toothbrush with training toothpaste on E. He even goes "ahhh" when I get them out. Still doesn't let me brush his toungue much but it's a start.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use a toothbrush and water. It's easier to not get bitten
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have used a toothbrush and water since her first tooth. We just started using a xylitol gel last week. Pedi recommended fluoride toothpaste starting at 12mo, but I'm not on board with that.

• Options
    VitaLuna said:
    We have used a toothbrush and water since her first tooth. We just started using a xylitol gel last week. Pedi recommended fluoride toothpaste starting at 12mo, but I'm not on board with that.
    Yeah, I thought I had read online that they should get fluoride toothpaste but when i went to the store, all toothpastes for toddlers was flouride free. So we just went for that. He's getting fluoride in his water.
  • Options
    Okay I'm glad to hear people are doing a range of practices.  LO HATES the toothbrush but doesn't mind the cloth so much.  I thought it more important that his teeth are getting cleaned than the device used to clean them.  Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    LO likes the tooth brush if he brushes them himself.  So I usually let him brush his teeth and then after a few minutes of him playing around, he'll let me brush them with a finger brush.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"