TTC after 35

I'm new here (children mentioned)

Hi, I'm new to this board obviously, I just turned 35 and my husband and I have been TTC for 9 months now. We have 2 other daughters that were conceived on the first try so I'm not really sure if our ages are playing a role this time or what. Looking forward to being a part of this board and wish everyone luck in their journey.

Re: I'm new here (children mentioned)

• welcome and good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and good luck! Do you chart/temp or use OPKs? could be that your cycle has changed a bit so your timing is off?
  • Welcome and good luck! I second what WinoGrrl said. Sometimes these things change so temping/charting can help. 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• I'll third the OPK's and the temping!!!  Temping worked well for me (nothing stuck, but it let me know when I was ovulating!)

Best of luck and welcome!
  • Welcome

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Welcome @MagFranklin13‌ We're in the same boat except I have two boys conceived on the first try. This is only our 4th month trying though. I turned 35 in August. Did you check in with your dr after the sixth month mark? Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Welcome, good luck. You've gotten good advice already, temping will definitely help. I had two very easily before and was like clockwork... now things are different. Not bad, just different. :)
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Welcome and good luck.  Not to be a broken record but temping and charting might help! :)  I hope your stay here is short!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Welcome and good luck.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Welcome!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Thank you everyone! I haven't been temping but I wanted to start this cycle, today is CD1 is it too late if I start tomorrow morning? I have been tracking cm and it's unpredictable and clearly not working.
  • Welcome @MagFranklin13‌ We're in the same boat except I have two boys conceived on the first try. This is only our 4th month trying though. I turned 35 in August. Did you check in with your dr after the sixth month mark? Good luck!

I haven't checked with a Dr. yet, my second daughter is only 11 months old, so my husband doesn't think we are quite there yet.
  • Also this might be a little TMI but my husband is having a little ED trouble during the fertile week so timing is really hard, we have an 12 year old and an 11 month old so when it's go time I really need him to make it count and the pressure is hard on him! I need to find ways to not tell him it's fertile week and be spontaneous but it's not easy! Thanks again all
  • @magfranklin‌13 CD1 is perfect for starting to temp, though don't sweat it because some people don't start temping until after AF each cycle. It's really just your preference. I personally like more data.
  • Welcome!  Yes, cd1 or even a few days into your cycle is perfect to begin bbt charting. Take a look at fertility friend and go through the tutorials.
     I get you on the ED sex being a no-go.. typically eod is great and that is what dh and I try to hit.  Even if we only get two well timed sessions during my fertile week I feel we are making a great effort at ttc.  Bring out the lingerie, massage, whatever works for you and your dh!  Best wishes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"