TTC after 35
Options

TTC>35 Grad check-in 11/18

tlc35tlc35 member
edited November 2014 in TTC after 35
It is Tuesday again!
@Mrs.McIrish I'm so excited you get to meet your babies this week!
Me: 37                                               
DH: 45
BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

Re: TTC>35 Grad check-in 11/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marijaa33 Sorry about the spotting. I am glad everything was fine!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Options
    marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited November 2014
    @tmorash The early weeks are really stressful and yes, it does get a bit better past 12 weeks but then various things come up and it's easy to slip back into worry-mode. Six weeks is still early for symptoms. This morning, on the way to the OB, I was actually regretting having told my parents, for fear that something wasn't right. In the same breath, I was thinking that it was a good thing I hadn't announced at work yet. After this minor scare, I'm inclined to wait until the anatomical scan to announce widely (although I'll tell my boss in a week or two). All that to say is that I would advise you to wait until you hear a heartbeat, and ideally until 12-13 weeks. Don't worry, your parents will be just as happy six weeks from now as they will if you tell them in two weeks. :) 

As for NIPT, I would call the four companies (makers of Panorama, Harmony, Verifi and MaterniT21) and ask what the procedure would be if you did the test out of pocket in Canada. They are all keen to have these tests adopted and are offering discounts for those whose insurance doesn't cover the tests.  CHEO has a good explanation, plus contact info: 
  • Options
    marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited November 2014
    @tmorash on a Canadian note, since we were in TO over the weekend for my dad's birthday, of course I headed straight to a Tim Horton's for a Boston cream. Well, they put really strong, crushed candy cane on top of the chocolate icing and completely ruined the donut. Outrageous. 
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the sage advice, @marijaa333, and I'm so glad your minor scare was just that -- minor, and in the past. I'll think it over, and try to talk myself into waiting at least until a heartbeat I think (or Christmas - whichever comes first).

Me: 35, He: 41. Baby #1!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @tmorash on a Canadian note, since we were in TO over the weekend for my dad's birthday, of course I headed straight to a Tim Horton's for a Boston cream. Well, they put really strong, crushed candy cane on top of the chocolate icing and completely ruined the donut. Outrageous. 
    @marijaa333 Bummer! I'm no big fan of Tim's coffee (I prefer an americano generally), but I have certainly enjoyed a doughnut or two. :) When I was a kid my favourite was the lemon delight (like a Boston cream but with sweet lemon filling in the centre instead), but I've matured (ha) into a fan of the walnut crunch. Horror of horrors - the walnut crunch was discontinued earlier this year. Honey cruller it is from now on.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @tmorash the lemon delight sounds excellent - no maturing occuring here when it comes to donuts! :)
  • Options
    @tmorash I never had any symptoms with DD and I worried constantly until we heard the heartbeat.  My mom never had symptoms with my sister or I so I guess we have a lucky gene.  Hang in there. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    @Samuelismomma  So exciting! (And I'm glad the cerclage is holding strong!) I hope you're able to travel worry free. But even if they recommend you stay put, I guess your nesting instinct will be satisfied. :) 
  • Options

@KirstenAlecia That is so great!! How wonderful for your parents and the whole family!

@Samuelismomma I can only imagine the nerves/excitement! Glad you're cleared to travel as well.

Thanks to @lcwed, @Lady2010, and @Samelismomma for the reassurances as well -- they are much appreciated. :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @KirstenAlecia That is so cool! My favourite cousin's wife and my husband's best friend's wife are also due within a month of me (BF's wife and I are two days apart).

• Options
    Yay the babies are here!!!!!
    Congrats @Mrs.McIrish

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Congrats @Mrs.McIrish!!!

And thanks @BeckyP005 for the update!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    @mdogen29 we like pictures too :D

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    @mdogan29 I love that crib color.  Did you guys paint it or were you able to order it in that color?  I have never seen that before.  The nursery colors look great together.

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    mdogan29mdogan29 member
    edited November 2014
    Yes! Thank you @lcwed! :)

I was immediately drawn to the gray color as well and I love it for either boy or girl, it's the perfect neutral color so that the bedding set/room decor can really pop! I got the crib and 2 dressers at BabiesRUs along with the glider + ottoman, but had to special order that specific fabric/color.

Here's a link to the crib: www.babiesrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35047496

We looked at it for a while too and then BRU had a coupon for 20% off all nursery furniture and we jumped on it!

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"