November 2014 Moms

Upset baby tummies

What do you all recommend for upset tummies for newborns. Seems like miss Kaitlyn is having issues with releasing gas after eating, resulting in tummy pains. We have tried burping after every once she drinks, and pumping her legs. Still we get no relief. I have some cocyntal drops that my MW recommended, but haven't tried them yet. What are you using to help your baby.
Kaitlyn - born November 7, 2014

Re: Upset baby tummies

• We use the Little Remedies Gas Drops. They were a lifesaver for DS1 and are working great for DS2. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just started using the Little Remedies Gas Drops for my DS- seems to help with some of the discomfort, but he still has toots that could peel the paint off the walls - we're working with the doc now to rule out milk allergy/intolerance (which is a family issue so he most likely has it too). We also switched them over to the Dr.Browns bottles because they're meant to help with that.
  • Loading the player...
  • We use colic calm & since I just realized I have an over active let down we just started doing laid back feeding and that has worked wonders for him not drinking too fast/sucking in so much air in the first place

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• We use Little Tummies Gripe Water. I used it with my first too and it works great!
  • +1 to Little Remedies gas drops & gripe water. They both seem to help!

It's twin girls!! Born on 11-2-14!
  • Thanks ladies. She seems to be okay this morning. Looks like I should go pick up some gripe water and little remedies drops.
  • Silly question, what is gripe water meant to help with?
  • I just posted a related thread. I guess I should've paid attention...

How do you know you LO has an upset stomach? My baby gets fussy but I have no idea why.

• @KatieOz920‌ , Gripe water helps with upset tummies, gas, colic, etc. It is herbal and all natural.
  • sj+cm131 said:

I just posted a related thread. I guess I should've paid attention...

How do you know you LO has an upset stomach? My baby gets fussy but I have no idea why.

We can tell with Connor because he will grunt, bear down, and his face will turn beet red. His tummy also gets really firm and sometimes he scream cries, you can tell it hurts.
  • sj+cm131 said:
    I just posted a related thread. I guess I should've paid attention... How do you know you LO has an upset stomach? My baby gets fussy but I have no idea why.

When Kaitlyn gets an upset tummy, her whole body goes rigid. She cries and is hard to console. She also brings her legs in close to her bum.
  • I also forgot to add: I talked to my MW today and she recommends probiotics for babies who are gassy that were delivered via csection. I am going to try and pick some up tomorrow to see if that helps.
  • I just picked up Little Remedies and some gripe water. How often do you give it, and when? We had a 24hr period of him sleeping only 20min increments with more bouts of crying than the days before. Figured I'd give this a try o_O
  • We've found the Little Remedies Gas Relief drops to help.  Our little girl is really gassy.  My sister (mom of 3) said she is gassier than most babies...  :/  Recently we started a probiotic (second day today) so we are not sure how it's working yet, but right after she had some she had 6 loud farts in a row.  I call that a success.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How often do you ladies give gas drops and is it before or after feeding?

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Little remedies is .3 ml every 15 minutes? I do it 3 times and it seems to help! The doctor recommended doing it before eating! I just do it when he is gassy:)
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • I have learned that LO needs to sit up right to eat. We don't have any issues that way.

I have had to give her some drops twice. I just have them when she was gassy and one dose seemed to help.
  • We are doing probiotics and I think we're going to try the little remedies gas drops as well.  The nacho has been very gassy lately and her farts rival my husband's.  

Debating if it's worth going out on Black friday to get the drops...  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"