September 2012 Moms

Potty training boys

So I've been working on potty training DS this last week. He is doing pretty good. His sitter keeps it up which is nice.

My problem is he won't wear underwear. Just will not put it on. He's fine if he's bare under his pants. Do I make an issue and force him? Or just let him go au naturel?

Any tips and tricks are welcomed! Thanks!

Re: Potty training boys

• If it works without underwear now, I would leave it be and tackle it later. Don't force it.

I would just keep pointing out the people who wear underwear. Like daddy. And mommy. And grandma. And grandpa. And ..... All the big boys and girls wear underwear and keep it dry.
    Also, DS1 loved his angry birds underwear. Those are always a hit and would be worn without been taken off ever if we'd let him.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks. I have been pointing everyone out and he even picked out his train underwear but now will not wear them.

Thanks for the input.

• Loading the player...
  • Nita2603 said:
    If it works without underwear now, I would leave it be and tackle it later. Don't force it. I would just keep pointing out the people who wear underwear. Like daddy. And mommy. And grandma. And grandpa. And ..... All the big boys and girls wear underwear and keep it dry. Also, DS1 loved his angry birds underwear. Those are always a hit and would be worn without been taken off ever if we'd let him.
    Yes to all of this. Not something worth forcing and a lot of people train without underwear so to not confuse the kid between diaper and underwear. Just let him go bare and hopefully once shorts season rolls around he will be up for underwear. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• When I trained DS, I left him pantsless at home & put a pull up on him when out of the house. He didn't really start wearing underwear regularly till after he was trained. So my vote is to not push it, and let him go au naturel. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DS1 also went pantsless most of the time. He really felt that underwear=diaper, so even though he was awesome naked he would have lots of accidents with underwear. When we were out or it was bedtime I would put a regular diaper on him. Once he was perfect at using the potty for everything, he started getting treats for doing well with underwear (we started our sticker chart over again). It actually didn't take too long once he was ready.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Thanks for the input. He does seem to be doing fine with nothing. I was just hoping I'm not going to regret it and he'll be going commando forever. Lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"