Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Morning crib-toy suggestions?

Hi!  

Our 20 month old is an early riser.  I'm thinking a crib-toy might help him.  Something he could turn on or play with to help him stay calm.  Projectors are my first thought, but then I started looking at some of the cuddly animals that he could maybe hug and it would make music.  

We have very few electronic toys for him, so this is a huge new step for us.  We really would just like for him to wake up a little more calmly, less hysterical, and not quite so early (5am is standard).

Suggestions? TIA!

CageyMack
37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

Re: Morning crib-toy suggestions?

• Options
    I wish some of the toys we have would work (and we have tried board books, some simple cars, etc.), but he really has zero interest in those items at 5am, plus it is pretty much pitch black.  

Thinking something slightly more engaging would help him wake up and be calmly amused.  I don't want anything crazy like a toddler smart-pad, but thought a little music and soft lights might help him.

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options
    What about the Scout/Violet dog or a Gloworm? The only problem I could forsee with Scout/Violet is if your LO rolls over on it during the night it would start talking or playing music.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD has a pillow pets dream lite in her bed. She doesn't use it often, but it has a button to start the lights and she just watches them change (it projects stars, moon and an animal face - she has the unicorn - on the ceiling/wall). No music, but maybe something like that would work?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    LSU628 said:
    What about the Scout/Violet dog or a Gloworm? The only problem I could forsee with Scout/Violet is if your LO rolls over on it during the night it would start talking or playing music.
    I was also going to suggest this. My daughter has a Violet in her bed and will sometimes play with it after lights out or in the morning.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

The Scout dog is great.  That's what we put in DS's crib with him.  We put it at the foot of the crib so DS doesn't accidently bump into it at night, but when he wakes up, he can sit up and reach for it.  It doesn't always work though.  Some days he plays with it, but more often than not, he still wants mommy/daddy.

• Options
    Maybe a neat flashlight like this or any of those books that have fireflies, etc that light up when you press a button or any of those infant toys that you attach to the crib that lights up and plays music and has some kind of motion. 

• Options
    Lurker here: my son woke up at 5am until he turned 2 no matter what I had in his crib. It might be just something he does. After 2 he started sleeping until 7 or 7:30 which was nice.
  • Options
    We had one of those music light do-hickeys that attached to the crib slats for the longest time. DS would wake up mumble and grumble, turn the music on and go right back to sleep. 
  • Options
    Our DD has one of those light up sea horses by fisher price. The belly glows and it plays soft music. She really loves it and we only keep it in the crib, so it has become a great little pal for her during naps and bedtime. She'll play with it in the mornings too, along with her stuffed animal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"