Cloth Diapering
Options

NCDR: Decide my Life

TJ1979TJ1979 member
edited November 2014 in Cloth Diapering
Obv I'm not basing one of the biggest decisions of my life on you guys, but just for funsies... what should I do?
TTC with PCOS since November 2009
IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
beta #2 11/28 = 2055
Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
imageimageimage

NCDR: Decide my Life 52 votes

Move to Oklahoma
48% 25 votes
Stay in Houston
36% 19 votes
I have a better idea
15% 8 votes

Re: NCDR: Decide my Life

• Options
    Colorado! So then when we move there we can have play dates with the girls!
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I need more details about your visit before I can advise.
    If the commune is not a viable answer, then I agree with this.
    Oooo...now you look like Sgriff instead of the poster formerly known as SAK. 

image imageimageimage

• Options

I voted stay in Houston, cuz duh, I live in Houston too.  But I do think that Houston is a great place to live.  LCOL, usually low unemployment, there's a ton of culture and entertainment here.

BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    I didn't vote and I can't see the results (like usual).  Anyway, I wish I knew more about your situation so I could chime in.  I lived 2 hrs outside Houston for 2 yrs and I really liked visiting Houston.  However, I don't know much about Oklahoma.  Have only driven through it.
  • Options
    I voted Houston... because I'm in houston. I would rather live in a thriving coastal location than in OK. I would feel like OK would be a huge change from the stuff I love about Houston. Houston is busy and has a really great job market right now. To move to OK where the market might be ok for just oil- do not want.

And you know when a hurricane is coming. A tornado can flatten you at any time!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I say move.  And my reason is because of the ridiculous work commute that you have.  If moving helps end that commute, it's so worth it
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    If the more would benefit both of you and is an amazing opportunity, I vote move.

As much as it's a pain to move young kids and to move in general, it will be easier at this point in the kid's lives to pick up and move somewhere different.
  • Options
    What does your H want? Is he super excited about this new job opportunity? Or is he wishy washy, too, but is being swayed by money? Because money doesn't make you happy. Mo money mo problems.
  • Options
    Okay, so we visited this weekend.  And I'll be honest, I didn't hate it.  Everyone was SOOOOO nice.  Like, not just the people related to the job and the move, but every single person we met was super friendly.  Except one bitch who hassled me about having my baby outside in the cold.  But how else am I supposed to get her from the car into the hotel?  Magic?

Anyway.  Yes, Stoney, MH is super duper stoked.  Like, giddy.  Not just about the money, but the job, the team he would be working with, the quiet, rural area we were looking at living in, the easier commute.  And he would be happy for us to be closer to my family, whom we visit more frequently.  It would be half the distance we currently are from them.  And yes, Meesh, the commute would be half what it is now too.  And it would be mostly driving, not mostly sitting.

The biggest cons are leaving my job which I've been at for 10 years and love, leaving my bff whom it took me 30 something years to find, but she is my honest to goodness soulmate, and losing our nanny. 
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Really?  Every time I look it's 50/50.  Y'all are not helping.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Cost of living/housing comparable?
    There are certain things that are higher here, or higher there, but I think overall it's going to end up just about the same.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I think I'm with Stringy on this one.  It sounds like overall it would be better for your family, with a couple downsides that might turn into good things.  (Change is scary, but in the end you grow as a person with some change in your life.) 

Plus I'm a huge advocate of moving while the kids are little.  We drug our feet on moving 30 minutes away when D was still in preschool.  Now we have to figure out how/when to make a move happen without uprooting his entire world by making him change schools, not be by the friends he's had across the street his whole life, etc. 

image imageimageimage

• Options
    My husband once asked me if I would ever consider moving every few years (basically he would be a project manager and move as projects came up).

My answer was simply, "Sure, if the money was there so that I would not need to line up a job before moving and if he thought he could really love the job."

I find it scary to move and try to figure out a new area, but in reality I'm not tied to one area.
  • Options
    Moving's not so bad. In fact, I think it's kinda fun to get a new perspective sometimes :) Plus, in my experience, if your DH is happier with his job, the whole family benefits.
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    I suppose OK is closer to CO than Houston is...

I've lived in the same place since I was 2. I have seen tons of growth here, but it still doesn't change the fact that I've never lived anywhere else (besides college). Just out of principal,I want to move in a few years. To see a different part of the country. Different culture. Different view.

I vote move !
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    As much as I'm not a fan of OK, I say move. Sounds like there are more pros than cons.

• Options
    TJ, when do you have to decide?
  • Options
    TJ1979 said:
    We just did.
    Well what is your decision?!?!?!?!?
  • Options
    I should probably tell my family before I tell the internet, right?
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I can't believe NO ONE quoted OK's cd reqs in DC for this. Wouldn't that be a huge factor?
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    TJ1979 said:

I can't believe NO ONE quoted OK's cd reqs in DC for this. Wouldn't that be a huge factor?

Since I'm lazy, lay it on me. Cause I have no clue.
  • Options
    Okay TJ. You've had plenty of time to tell your families.

Now tell us what your decision was
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Congrats!  I hope this will be a good move for your family.  :)
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    yay how exciting! Hope the move is smooth for everyone!
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    Congrats! Hope the move won't be too stressful!

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"