Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Why do I need Aden & Anais swaddle blankets?

I've made it through 2 kids without any Aden & Anais swaddles, why do I feel the need to buy some for this baby?  Are they really that great?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Why do I need Aden & Anais swaddle blankets?

• Options
    I really like their swaddle blankets. They do fold up nicely and are very functional. I use them for swaddling, put them in my diaper bag to make my LO a little more comfortable when diaper changing on the go, as a nursing cover, and as a really large burp cloth. Hell, I use it for diaper changing in the house too.
  • Options
    We have them but haven't been able to use them for swaddling as they are kinda big. Right now we swaddle with the blankets from the hospital. I do use them for in her stroller as well as her swing. I like tge blanket but not a necessity.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You do not NEED them! I made it through my first without and not planning to get them this time either.
  • Options
    I recently bought some, and I HATE them! They have snaps instead if Velcro and it's not as easy as the swaddle me swaddlers. :( I think I'm returning them to BRU to exchange them for more swaddle me swaddlers
  • Options
    I've never tried the A & A swaddle me type blankets with the snaps, but the regular swaddle blankets are awesome! They are so versatile and can be used for all kinds of things as PPs mentioned. I love them to throw over the stroller or the car seat. They are lightweight and breathable, but still offer some protection from the sun, wind or whatever.
  • Options
    @mjreilly2‌ thanks! I didn't realize the good ones were blankets! I just hate the darn premade snap ones!
  • Options
    leela02leela02 member
    edited November 2014
    You don't NEED them but they are multipurpose and awesome. My DD is a Houdini so we often use an A&A blanket as a 2nd swaddle to keep her Miracle Blanket in place. They are thin enough that LO doesn't overheat if the room is cool enough. It's also good for covering up LO in her carseat to shield from people and bright lights.
  • Options
    They are super nice for more than swaddling. We used them to swaddle until DD was about 6 weeks old, then we had to use something with Velcro because she broke out, but we still use them as a light blanket for her, and to block the sun from her stroller.
  • Options
    They're convenient because they're useful in so many different ways, but they're in no way necessary. I got a bunch as baby shower gifts and used the heck out of them, but I doubt I would have bought them for myself. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"