TTC After a Loss
Options

Share your fav Healthy Recipes

Hi all,
In line with the sunday edition WFD, I came to the realization that I really need more healthy recipes. Care to share your favorites? 
Please show me cooking healthy doesn't have to be boring!
BFP #1 12/19/13 We lost our Fenix 7/31/14 at 36 weeks due to torn umbilical cord
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
My Chart TTA until Feb 2015
~*ALL AL WELCOME*~

Re: Share your fav Healthy Recipes

• Options
    I make this curry with sweet potatoes all the time from Fitness, it's really yummy.  I use a whole can of light coconut milk instead, and add the chickpeas earlier so they're not too firm. I also use the fire roasted tomatoes with chiles from Trader Joe's to add more flavor.
    That actually sounds really good! I'll have to try this out! Thanks!
    BFP #1 12/19/13 We lost our Fenix 7/31/14 at 36 weeks due to torn umbilical cord
    ~*ALL AL WELCOME*~
  • Options
    I like to cook a batch of quinoa and then add veggies, cheese, beans, whatever to it. I like it with olives, feta, onions, tomatoes - Greek style. I made some last week with tomatoes, zucchini and cheese.

Last night we had veggie fajitas - grilled some onions, zucchini and peppers. Then added lettuce, homeade guac, some cheese and salsa. Yum!

It's getting cold here, I like curried pumpkin soup or curried carrot soup. So easy and healthy too :)
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @buggirl72 - you just reminded me that I haven't made my zuppa tuscana recipe in ages. Mmm... kale...
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    LizBlueLizBlue member
    edited November 2014
    I make a healthy-ish Italian wedding soup.

Turkey meatballs:
    Turkey meat
    Egg
    Breadcrumbs
    Parm cheese
    Garlic
    Parsley

Roll into little balls and bake for 30 mins.

I make the broth from chicken carcasses that I save up and veggies, but ready made stock works.

Onion, carrots, celery chopped up, sautéed at bottom of soup pot in one tbs of evoo.

Add broth, bring to a boil, add one cup of ditalini pasta, cook 8 mins, add meatballs, cook one minute, add spinach, red pepper, s&p to taste.
    ----
    *I am no longer regularly posting on TB because of the fucked up debacle of Jan 2015 when administrators banned long-term members and mods with no notice and completely dismantled a community full of women who cared about each other.  If you see me posting it's only to give support to a poster who needs it or to post something important enough that I need to say.  I am no longer responding to  anything other than issues that affect people who I care about*
    37 years old, MH is 42
    TTC since 2010; Dx Unexplained Infertility; possible male factor 
    August 2012 through June 2013:  6 IUIs with clomid and trigger shot, all BFNs
    7/2013, Pregnant! Unmedicated--we were on a treatment break
    8/20/13 no heart beat; 8/23/13 d&c
    3/15/14 IVF #1:  Lupron/Follistim/Menopur; ER 3/10 resulting in four transfer grade blastocysts, transferred one pretty blast and froze the remaining three. BFN. 
    Natural FET in May cancelled because the universe hates me my hormones were not cooperating.
    6/24/14 FET #1: transferred two pretty embryos; BFN   
    8/28/14 FET #2: BFP, ended in Chemical pregnancy

Done with medical intervention and getting used to the idea of CFNBC.  

All welcome
  • Options
    I like to make Kale Ceasar salad and add salmon, even smoked salmon if I don't want to cook at all. It's so good. No croutons if being extra healthy (or gluten free like I have to be unfortunately)!  

I also love to make roasted veggies (sweet potatoes, onions, turnips, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, anything in season)  and add to quinoa or gluten free pasta. 
    MC 10/14 @ 14 WKS 
    MC 1/12 @ 8 WKS
    DS BORN 9/15/09 
  • Options
    flyoffeveflyoffeve member
    edited November 2014

Zucchini boats.

Cut zucchini length-wise in half. Carve out the inside to make a canoe. Fill with your choice- I like diced tomatoes, chicken (cooked), and pizza sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted.

Edit: pre-cooked chicken

Me: 31 DH: 36
    Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
    BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

• Options
    @Greeneyes842‌ the curry with sweet potatoes sounds so good! Well, to me at least, MH doesn't like sweet potatoes or chickpeas. He's odd like that!

@buggirl72‌ that minestrone soup makes me wish it would get cold here more!

@LizBlue‌ that recipe makes me wish I cooked.

@furrypaws‌ lean cuisine totally counts for me!

Really though, I have zero healthy recipes. When I eat healthy it's tuna fish with celery, a salad with chicken, or grilled chicken/pork chops with veggies.

I wish I could contribute more to this thread :(

I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    alm288 said:
    I like to cook a batch of quinoa and then add veggies, cheese, beans, whatever to it. I like it with olives, feta, onions, tomatoes - Greek style. I made some last week with tomatoes, zucchini and cheese. Last night we had veggie fajitas - grilled some onions, zucchini and peppers. Then added lettuce, homeade guac, some cheese and salsa. Yum! It's getting cold here, I like curried pumpkin soup or curried carrot soup. So easy and healthy too :)
    Ditto this! I also like to grill some chicken breasts with Greek seasoning and add it to quinoa with some cucumber, kalamata olives, red onion, feta and tomatoes. Nom! 

A new one I came across is sweet potato & brussel sprout hash

Also, this with some steamed broccoli and rice:
    I'll be at a new place providing support. 

• Options

I know I'm late to this one but last night I made Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry  and it was a huge hit in my book. very light and I paired with brown rice. Nothing from the Skinny Taste site has failed me yet.

A quick Spring stir fry made with chicken and asparagus

@buggirl72 Soup is on the agenda for tonight and that looks delicious. I loathe being cold!

@lizblueYour turkey meatballs remind me of this Turkey Meatball Spinach Tortellini Soup  which is my favorite soup!

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• Options
    @uromys you can never be late to this one! That looks sooo good and easy enough that I may try it :D Thanks for sharing!
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Oh, I would love that mashed Cauliflower! I would have to lie to MH about what it is if I want him to eat it though :( 

And I <3 pad thai, I may need to look for these noodles! 

• Options
    Basically I live on www.skinnytaste.com.  It's the best for healthy eats in my opinion.  Everything I've made is really yummy.  

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• Options
    yay! glad to see this thread pick up a bit. never too late to add healthy recipes to the repetoire. some of these sound so good!
    ~*ALL AL WELCOME*~
  • Options
    These recipes sound great. Here is my contribution.

Fall Veggie Slaw

2 Carrots
    1 med-large Beet
    Some Cabbage
    2 T. Raisins
    3 T. Chopped Walnuts
    Sprinkle of Olive Oil
    Drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar
    Salt to taste

I shred the carrots & beets with a grater. Cut the cabbage very thin then chop to about the size of the carrot and beet shreds. Mix all veggies, nuts and raisins together. Drizzle with olive oil and then mix in enough vinegar to coat and create a small amount of sauce. Tastes good room temp and cold!

Obviously my measurements are not exact. Just get a good mix of veggies and enough sauce to coat. No need for fussy measurements. The raisins and walnut measurements can be eyeballed as well.

Enjoy!
    Where there is love, there is life.
    -Mahatma Gandhi-

!*All Welcome**!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Happily Every After: 05/22/2009
    Me 28  The Tower Climber 27
    NTNP Since January 2014
    BFP #1- Nov 10, 2014 EDD July 19, 2015 MC Nov 20, 2014 (5wk 4d)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"