Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Rib Pain becoming Unbearable... Help?!

I'm 34 weeks pregnant. When I was 24 weeks pregnant, I had to go out of town for business... I spent three days working on my feet and had a crappy hotel bed... Mix that with the cramped flight there and by the third day I started having a pain in the middle of back, directly on my bra line, to the right of my spine. It was a very specific location that hurt, and hurt even worse while sitting. After coming home, I went to my OB and she recommended a chiropractic adjustment.
It has been over two months now and the pain has not disappeared. In fact, I have had 6-8 more chiropractic adjustments and the relief leaves me sooner and sooner by each visit. If I sit for too long, it becomes unbearable and when I stand, it disappears in minutes.
I thought I could handle it through the remainder of my pregnancy, but within the last 5-6 weeks, the pain has transferred to my rib, feeling it in the same location as the back but now the front. My bra cup sits just on the pain. To top it off, now it is painful to touch and is giving off heat. This is a constant pain. I even wake up multiple times every night from the pain.
I've also tried warm baths, heating pads, laying flat on my back, using a foam roller on my back, and the chiropractor. At this point I don't know what to do? Has anyone else had this type of pain? I talk to my friends about it and they chalk it up to pregnancy back pain... They say everyone deals with it because of the weight of the baby. At 34 weeks, I've gained about 23 pounds, but the rest of my back has not caused me any pain. Just trying to find some relief.

Re: Rib Pain becoming Unbearable... Help?!

• Options
    With it being hot I am wondering if it is an infection, but surely your doctor would have caught that by now....

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, def ask your doctor. The heat coming from it seems like this is something beyond the baby being positioned oddly or heartburn. When I had back and rib cage pain, I used a bosu ball (a big exercise ball I could stretch out on, sort of doing a back end) in a ring so it couldn't roll, and I did prenatal yoga from YouTube videos. Both were fantastic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"