September 2012 Moms

Friday, Friday. Gotta get down on Friday.

Are we still doing Rebecca Black references? No? Well, too bad, it's 3am, I do what I want. I'm starting the randoms thread early as hell because I'm awake and bored.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14

Re: Friday, Friday. Gotta get down on Friday.

• Loading the player...
  • jenndub said:

Does anyone watch Nashville? I love that show. And I'm feeling some real sympathy for Hayden Whatshername right now. Girl is carrying all that pregnancy weight in her face. I'm so glad I wasn't on TV during my pregnancies.

@jennndub
    I looooove Nashville! And I totally agree, I thought I carried pregnancy weight in my face but, nope, not like that. at.all.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I can't remember my FFFC, I had one but now it's gone.
    All that I know is that having Veteran's Day off messed me up. I am SO tired today. It did not help that H & I had a charity March of Dimes dinner last night and then had to pick up the house (and put away 2 large baskets of folded laundry :\">) after our tiny tornados tore through while they were here with my parents. Normally, is say F that and go to bed, but our cleaning lady comes today. FWP.

• Also, I m already have plans to BOGO at Stbx after my OB appt this afternoon. That is literally my motivation to get through the day right now. Survive bringing both boys to my 30 week check up, and get 2 coffees after(1 for now and 1 for tomorrow or H if he's lucky!). I really want to try the new Chestnut flavored latte.

• jenndub said:
    Are we still doing Rebecca Black references? No? Well, too bad, it's 3am, I do what I want. I'm starting the randoms thread early as hell because I'm awake and bored.
    I still sing that stupid song nearly every Friday. I can't help it. I used to have a coworker that would play it every Friday morning for the room.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • jenndub said:
    Does anyone watch Nashville? I love that show. And I'm feeling some real sympathy for Hayden Whatshername right now. Girl is carrying all that pregnancy weight in her face. I'm so glad I wasn't on TV during my pregnancies.
    I watched the first season, maybe season and a half, but lost track of it. Is it still good?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • dimples12 said:
    CJ was up way too late last night and was still up at 630 thus am. SMH. Now I'm not sure if the mall later is a bad plan. Random 2: I want to get DH a gun safe next week while he's away. No store will deliver. They'll load it but not deliver it. How's a 7 month pregnant lady supposed to get a 400 lb case off the truck? Or anyone? Crazy. If I buy it but wait for DH to return to get it, he will want to return it because he feels guilty about big purchases.
    Buy it online?  I know amazon, cabela's, gander mountain and places like that have them, though I don't know what they charge for shipping (amazon still does the free shipping though.)
  • I have an appt with my osteopath at 10:15.  For whatever reason, I came into work first.

I have to get a cortisone shot in my hip, and I have no idea how little/lot of pain I'll be in afterwards.  I'm considering not coming back either way.

• @Flamingemu‌ Nashville is soooooo good. So much drama. And the music is amazing.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • We had our furnace changed from oil to natural gas over the last two days.
    I woke up this morning and my house was warm and it is amazing. No more space heaters and no more strangers stomping in and out all day long.

The best? The dog can just be around. Having her locked up with gates for the last few days was shitty.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Came home last night to find out our heater stopped working. It was 62 in the house when we got home and by this morning it was 52. Luckily, we had two space heaters. The guy better get there today to fix it or this is going to be a very bad weekend.
  • edited November 2014
    FFFC: I don't like Bob Marley's music. I've tried, but I just can't.
  • FFFC: I don't like Bob Marley's music. I've tried, but I just can't.
    Me either. My H is really into it (this is recent), and it is mind boggling to him that I don't like it. Just not my thing.

I'm supposed to be meeting someone who is buying my baby monitors. We are meeting at Target (my choice) but right now it's so effing cold outside I don't want to go. I wish I had a nanny who would just come over when I need to get the kids ready and out the door, because... it's hard. 
  • Came home last night to find out our heater stopped working. It was 62 in the house when we got home and by this morning it was 52. Luckily, we had two space heaters. The guy better get there today to fix it or this is going to be a very bad weekend.
    We came home last night and it was 61 in the kid's bedrooms.  The guys doing blown in insulation in the attic must have turned off the furnace and forgotten to turn it back on.

We finally get it running again and I put the kids to bed.  Ben wakes up at 315 screaming, and I run in there and his room is freezing, so I grab H and tell him to come look and make sure that the vent was open, etc.

Apparently one of the contractors must have been in Ben's room measuring for trim or something, and opened the window.

I didn't notice because it was freezing all throughout the house, and his blackout thermal curtains were closed, but my poor baby was sleeping with his window open on a frigid night.  MOTY.

• @tyrannosaurusjess‌ that would be amazing!! I could use a nanny like that, too!

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• FFFC: I don't like Bob Marley's music. I've tried, but I just can't.

Me either. In high school, a lot of people were listening to him and Widespread Panic and other bands like that. I just wanted to listen to NSYNC, BSB and Britney Spears.

Anniversary

• shiggybop said:
    Riddle me this...how do you keep your 4 month old from catching your toddler's cold?

The real answer? You can't. However, you can try to keep them separated, wash hands constantly, wipe noses constantly, wash toys constantly, etc.
  • tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited November 2014
    FFFC:  DH and I have separate blankets.  Mine is a rose quilt I bought from Target 10 years ago, his is my twin sized tropical comforter from college, with palm trees and birds and flamingos.

Pillow cases are a mismatched ugly variety.  Sheets are what MIL bought for us for our wedding - they are GOLD.  But they were high thread count on sale.  We have no headboard and the cheap metal frame, a $4k mattress that sucks monkey balls, and one antique table and a tv tray for night stands, with drink rings all over.  I never make the bed - what's to make?  It's going to look like shit either way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Our cable is out, Camden is napping and Nola is at school. I should really use this as an opportunity to tackle the laundry monster that's taken over the house, but I think I'll take a nap instead.

Anniversary

• I downloaded that take me to church song by hozier on my way to work.  Is that a confession?  i like it for some reason and listened to it 4 times.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • FFFC:  I was 5 minutes late for a meeting with a state senator today.  I would ream someone's ass for that, how disrespectful and unprofessional.  :(    Like, I would probably fire someone for that.  :( 

• jenndub said:
    It's my soap opera of choice right now. I keep thinking I should try to go to one of the tapings at the Blue Bird but I'm too lazy for that. Hayden has always looked like a girl that would be chubby if she wasn't on tv. She is beautiful though, her character makes me forget that sometimes. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• jenndub said:
    FFFC: I would rather sleep with my toddler than my husband. She curls up next to me and is so sweet and cuddly. DH is constantly flailing around, snoring and stealing the covers. And that mofo wakes up terrified and yelling all the time. I should feel bad for him with his weird nightmares but that shit is annoying.
    DS flails like your described your DH. If he crawls into bed with us, I know I'll be up for good bc he is never still.

• I can't remember my FFFC, I had one but now it's gone. All that I know is that having Veteran's Day off messed me up. I am SO tired today. It did not help that H & I had a charity March of Dimes dinner last night and then had to pick up the house (and put away 2 large baskets of folded laundry :\">) after our tiny tornados tore through while they were here with my parents. Normally, is say F that and go to bed, but our cleaning lady comes today. FWP.
    I thought having Veteran's Day off would make the week feel super short but I legit thought it was Saturday when I woke up this morning. Sad panda.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I can't remember my FFFC, I had one but now it's gone. All that I know is that having Veteran's Day off messed me up. I am SO tired today. It did not help that H & I had a charity March of Dimes dinner last night and then had to pick up the house (and put away 2 large baskets of folded laundry :\">) after our tiny tornados tore through while they were here with my parents. Normally, is say F that and go to bed, but our cleaning lady comes today. FWP.
    DH couldn't figure out why I was so concerned last night with picking up everything in our basement before the cleaning people come through today. I told him it would go faster if he helped and that we weren't paying for people to help us if they can't even properly clean bc there are so many toys everywhere. Which brings me to another sticking point -- when the kids play and I'm there, I make them clean up (and help) before we leave the room. DH does not, and it makes me want to strangle someone when it looks messy.

• Anyone watching the Today Show? Is Al Roker going to die on air? 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

Ugh, I hope they fix it quickly for you. It was really cold this morning.

• hmp1 said:

Anyone watching the Today Show? Is Al Roker going to die on air? 

I can't watch it because of aforementioned cable outage, but I saw it yesterday and wondered how he would be today. I wish I could see it!

Anniversary

• PokedotPokedot member
    edited November 2014
    hmp1 said:
    Anyone watching the Today Show? Is Al Roker going to die on air? 

He did a "Rokerthon" where he reported the weather for 34 hours (?). Broke the record this morning but yes he sounded awful. I can't imagine talking for that long.

ETA: Spelled Roker wrong.

• melody921 said:
    I can't remember my FFFC, I had one but now it's gone. All that I know is that having Veteran's Day off messed me up. I am SO tired today. It did not help that H & I had a charity March of Dimes dinner last night and then had to pick up the house (and put away 2 large baskets of folded laundry :\">) after our tiny tornados tore through while they were here with my parents. Normally, is say F that and go to bed, but our cleaning lady comes today. FWP.
    DH couldn't figure out why I was so concerned last night with picking up everything in our basement before the cleaning people come through today. I told him it would go faster if he helped and that we weren't paying for people to help us if they can't even properly clean bc there are so many toys everywhere. Which brings me to another sticking point -- when the kids play and I'm there, I make them clean up (and help) before we leave the room. DH does not, and it makes me want to strangle someone when it looks messy.

My DH does this too. When he is alone with them, I come home to a huge mess of toys and him just sitting there playing on his phone. He thinks there's no point in cleaning because they will just mess it up again. Dumbest reasoning ever.
  • FFFC:  DH and I have separate blankets.  Mine is a rose quilt I bought from Target 10 years ago, his is my twin sized tropical comforter from college, with palm trees and birds and flamingos.

Pillow cases are a mismatched ugly variety.  Sheets are what MIL bought for us for our wedding - they are GOLD.  But they were high thread count on sale.  We have no headboard and the cheap metal frame, a $4k mattress that sucks monkey balls, and one antique table and a tv tray for night stands, with drink rings all over.  I never make the bed - what's to make?  It's going to look like shit either way.
    Bedding is currently on my list of things to update.

• melody921 said:
    I can't remember my FFFC, I had one but now it's gone. All that I know is that having Veteran's Day off messed me up. I am SO tired today. It did not help that H & I had a charity March of Dimes dinner last night and then had to pick up the house (and put away 2 large baskets of folded laundry :\">) after our tiny tornados tore through while they were here with my parents. Normally, is say F that and go to bed, but our cleaning lady comes today. FWP.

My DH does this too. When he is alone with them, I come home to a huge mess of toys and him just sitting there playing on his phone. He thinks there's no point in cleaning because they will just mess it up again. Dumbest reasoning ever.
    This sounds like man reasoning.  I swear my husband sits right in the middle of the messy living room playing the ipad like nothing is going on and wonders why i am running around the house like a crazy person the at night trying to pick things up.  

We are trying to teach DS to put things away when he is finished playing but he is just learning.  However DH is 30 some years old and has not learned to put his shoes, coat, gym clothes etc away.  I feel like this is a life battle and i can win if i just can get my kid to learn, husbands are lost causes :)
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • melody921 said:
    FFFC:  DH and I have separate blankets.  Mine is a rose quilt I bought from Target 10 years ago, his is my twin sized tropical comforter from college, with palm trees and birds and flamingos.

Bedding is currently on my list of things to update.

I've gotten old. I asked for a new mattress pad and blanket for Christmas from my parents. Mismatched bedding would drive my OCD self insane THT.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"