Attachment Parenting
Options

New Baby and PT Regression

Before DS2 was born, DS1 was very nearly day potty trained. We were letting him go naked most of the day, and he had no accidents. Always sat on his potty when he needed to (we never prompted him) and was proud of his pee or poop when he went. We hadn't gotten to underwear yet (tried a couple times but it felt like diapers and he peed in them so we went back to naked), and he was still in diapers for bedtime.

Fast forward to baby's arrival. Now DS1 is back in diapers 100% of the time, and was melting down if we even mentioned the potty. Only in the past few days has he even considered letting us leave off a diaper.

I'm at a loss for what to do...he has great control and we almost were potty trained once! Part of me feels like I need to do a quick, 3-day bootcamp style thing with him, but I'm not sure.

I'm wondering how long after sibling is born I should wait to potty train, and if it can be done quickly but gently for the kid who has almost achieved it once already. Thoughts? Experiences to share? Thanks!
imageimage

Re: New Baby and PT Regression

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"