Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Birth Months??

Did anyone take DS/DD birth month into consideration? or the season they would be born in?

I really want to have another LO before September 1st so LO can start school on time and not have to "wait it out" a year. I also would love to have a summer baby again (less cold= less sickness) but seeing as we did not start TTC in September or October I guess we will be waiting. Thoughts?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Birth Months??

• Options
    Honestly, that never crossed my mind. I was just happy to have conceived, period, because I know so many women are unable to have children of their own, and we are lucky every day we spend with DS. My sister went in to school early because her birthday was earlier in the year, and she ended up struggling with school a lot, so it could end up working against you if you're trying to plan it that way. I wouldn't worry about when your child's birthday is, because that is just something that's really not important and hard to plan.
  • Options
    As a teacher I would have held my son out if he was a summer birthday. I am glad we don't have to justify it since he was born in the beginning of October.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was just happy to have a baby at all after struggling with infertility. What season/month my baby was born in was the least of my worries. My DS is a late August birthday and I'm planning on holding him. As a teacher, I see some (but not all) of the younger kids in a grade level struggle with maturity, academics, and some social aspects. I was a May birthday so on the younger side of my grade level. It really sucked once high school hit b/c I was one of the last to drive, see rated R movies, and then in college, be able to drink. 

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • Options
    I think having a late summer birthday and being the youngest can be very hard on kids. Especially boys. DS has an early September birthday and our district has an October 1 cutoff and we are leaning towards holding him back.

Honestly I think most people are just happy to be having a baby and these are things you deal with later. I am very lucky to have not had any fertility issues and I would not plan anything that Way.
  • Options
    Yes. Not first time, but yes, this time around. I did not want to have a baby in the middle of the holiday season. I always felt that kids whose bdays fall betw Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year get shafted out of attention etc. just my personal opinion.
    We were going to TTC to have a baby by mid Nov at the latest or wait for potential due date to be at the earliest Feb. We got prego on first try and baby will be here about 10 days before Thanksgiving. That's closer than I would like but I can live with it.
  • Options
    October is my favorite month and that's what I got! I didn't want a summer baby being I'm in tx and it's excruciating hot here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"