January 2014 Moms

Telling baby "no" (Mod edit: possible abuse triggers)

13»

Re: Telling baby "no" (Mod edit: possible abuse triggers)

• @peanutmuse, where for art thou?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • There's no excuse they could give to make it OK to spank a 6 yo three times for wetting the fucking bed. Nope. None. That shit bothers me way worse than the popping off hands.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Loading the player...
  • Natalawson's husband - I'm so very sorry you went through all of that as a child. That's horrible and unforgivable and no child should ever be treated that way.

That said, saying "I had it worse" does not make what is happening to your children okay. 

Smacking a 10 month old's hand is inappropriate.

I can't even with the story about the 6 year old. I literally gasped and covered my mouth with each new update to that story. Hitting her for wetting herself? WHAT? And on top of that, being hit with a flip flop? I'm pretty sure (although would have to check) that it's only legal to hit a child with an open hand, without leaving a mark. Anything harder than that is illegal, and using a tool to hit the child is illegal.

You do not actually have the right to parent your children however you see fit, as you seem to think. Spanking in an appropriate way and as a last resort? Not my personal parenting style but fine. Using a tool to hit a child for having an accident? Abuse.
  • I hope you can listen to anything we are saying about this. I hope this helps you grow more as a parent and heal some of your own wounds for the sake of your own children. Nobody is judging your past here, only your current decisions.
  • (o)Y(o)
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• kaitimac said:
    I was physically abused by an ex boyfriend - it's equally not okay for me to punch my husband in the face when he unloads the dishwasher wrong.
    But what if he clearly needs to understand that he's unloading it wrong? And what if I hit him in the face real quick with a flip flop? Clearly THAT'S not the same thing as spousal abuse.. right?

I will not have a poorly mannered husband. HE HAS TO LEARN. I only hit him in the face with a flip flop when it's something major.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.

• kaitimac said:

I was physically abused by an ex boyfriend - it's equally not okay for me to punch my husband in the face when he unloads the dishwasher wrong.

But what if he clearly needs to understand that he's unloading it wrong? And what if I hit him in the face real quick with a flip flop? Clearly THAT'S not the same thing as spousal abuse.. right?

I will not have a poorly mannered husband. HE HAS TO LEARN. I only hit him in the face with a flip flop when it's something major.

LMAO. I'll test this out on my husband today and let ya know how it goes. J/k

TTC #3

• (o)Y(o)

Nice tits

TTC #3

• Was there a dirty delete?! Lord, I'm too tired for this shit.. #missyouTB #J14forlife
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • I have to say, while the topic of child abuse is obviously terrible, it has been fun to have an entertaining thread here! I've been relying on the D14 board for drama (mostly of the "how do I induce labor at 36 weeks I'm sooooo ready to be done blah blah blah!" variety, heh). Nice to see some old school crazy here as well. ;-)
    TWO Babies in 2014!
    DS #1 Born 01/07/2014, DS #2 Born 12/17/2014

• We try saying no and he cracks the biggest smile and laughs. So hard to keep a straight face because right now it's pretty cute but it makes me worried that he is a little trouble maker in the works!
  • Awww I miss J14! Come back from Facebook ladies!
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"