March 2014 Moms

Crib Conversion Kits

We have a Bonavita crib for LO.  When we bought it, we intended to get the full-size bed conversion kit, but never actually did.  That was a big mistake, because now it seems like Lajobi, who makes Bonavita cribs, has stopped making furniture.  Everywhere I've looked, the conversion kits are sold out.
Now I think we may have a crib that we will never be able to convert, when that was a big criteria for the crib we chose.  Does anyone know if there are other parts that can go on Bonavita cribs, or if there are universal conversion kits?  I haven't had much luck searching.
TTC since December 2011
Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
December IUI cancelled due to cyst
IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

Re: Crib Conversion Kits

• Uh oh I might be in your boat!!!
  • I actually just got very lucky and a store not too far away has one kit left!  @BTBergstrom I hope you can find what you need!

But on this same topic... we are only planning to get the full size bed conversion kit, and skip the toddler bed one.  Our thought is that when LO moves out of the crib, we can put a guard along the side of the full size bed so she doesn't fall out.  Maybe this is naive FTM thinking, but will that work?
    TTC since December 2011
    Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
    DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
    December IUI cancelled due to cyst
    IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
    Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • katka512 said:

I actually just got very lucky and a store not too far away has one kit left!  @BTBergstrom I hope you can find what you need!

But on this same topic... we are only planning to get the full size bed conversion kit, and skip the toddler bed one.  Our thought is that when LO moves out of the crib, we can put a guard along the side of the full size bed so she doesn't fall out.  Maybe this is naive FTM thinking, but will that work?

Yeah that will work! We bought the conversion kit for the toddler bed and regret it. She's still in the crib, and we plan on skipping the toddler bed and going straight to a twin or full bed with bed rails.

I guess it depends on how long you want LO to stay in the crib, and for us it's as long as possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Have you tried eBay or anything like that?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello, did you ever find a solution? I'm late to the party and just realized they are out of business and we don't have the full size conversion rails.