Georgia Babies

Daycare options Downtown/Midtown

Does anyone have any daycare recommendations for the downtown/midtown/west side area? I'd be will to consider Vinnings or the Symrna area Also. I've called the more popular ones (Primrose, Goddard, etc) and they are just so expensive $350+ per week.

Thanks ladies!

Re: Daycare options Downtown/Midtown

• Unfortunately that's daycare in town for the most part.  There are a few options that are a little less that are on the east of town (Kids Kondo, the Va-Hi YWCA, Canterbury) because those areas just have more kids than west of (in) town.  Also, Atlanta First (UMC) and Sheltering Arms have DCs that are in downtown.  There are a few other options in Smyrna I know but I'm only aware of the closer ones which are the Goddard near Log Cabin and the Primrose Smyrna West.  I think both are fairly pricey though still but call to check.  Either way, in town waitlists are really, really long so it's more of a "take where you can get in and not always where you want at first".  More spaces obviously open up as your LO gets older.  Also, not sure where work and home are from your description but you'll want to decide if you want LO in the car with you more or less time.  (Also consider where your pedi is!  You'll be heading there from DC on occasion!)  Hope this helps a bit and congrats on your LO!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was going to suggest Primrose or Goddard because that's my experience (both in midtown and in the Smyrna area), but I guess that's out for you.

We did have DS in a Kindercare in Smyrna while we were on the waitlist for Goddard and Primrose.  It was fine, but honestly, I see a difference in the experience and quality that is worth the higher price for us. 
  • Loading the player...
  • There really are limited choices on the West Side / Smyrna and in town. I'd echo the point about in town wait lists being crazy long. 3.5 years ago it was a 2 year wait for our preferred center (R Kirk Landon / Bright Horizons @ Georgia Tech). We finally got in when our son was a year old, so no joke on the 2 year wait list. We love it though and I would highly recommend it. Unfortunately its pricey as well but worth it compared to the Kindercare center we used temporarily. We're on the wait list now for baby #2 due in February... no idea how long it'll be this time :( Good luck!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you all for the responses! All good information to look into!
  • The bright horizon centers are great options (there are 4: two at Georgia tech, All Saints, and Atlantic Station)

@marie916 you have been happy at R Kirk? We're considering taking our child there. How are they with the amount of teacher turnover and communications regarding changes in staffing? I've heard that can be frustrating at some places
  • Marie916Marie916 member
    edited December 2014
    The bright horizon centers are great options (there are 4: two at Georgia tech, All Saints, and Atlantic Station) @marie916 you have been happy at R Kirk? We're considering taking our child there. How are they with the amount of teacher turnover and communications regarding changes in staffing? I've heard that can be frustrating at some places
    @diamondduck13 We really like R Kirk. My 3 year old has been there for 2.5 years and he's thriving. There is some degree of turnover but they do communicate well and I have for the most part really liked all of this teachers so far. I'm pleased with Bright Horizons curriculum, the condition of the center (they just updated the interior), and the variety of activities available. I really would recommend it, though I'm not sure how long the infant wait list is these days. I probably should know, since I'm supposedly on it... Also, if you happen to work for Georgia Tech, there is a 2nd center (Children's Campus) also located in Home Park, that you have the option of using. That one is only for GT students/staff/faculty unlike R Kirk which is open to the community. It's newer and it's located in the Graduate housing. I hope that helps!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Marie916‌ thank you! That is helpful. I'm on the children's campus one too so didn't know it was limited. But I am alumni, so maybe that's how? Anyway, thank you, and I apologize to OP for the post hijack!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"