Options

UO and Randoms

Because we never seem to have enough of either to warrant opening two posts :-p

Happy Thursday all!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO and Randoms

• Options
    This right here is exactly why people need to keep their FB business pages separate from their regular postings. This woman is in a moms FB group I'm in and never posts anything unless it's about her glass-painting business. I am SO tempted to reply that she needs to kill the all caps and embrace punctuation and spell check:

"IM OFFERING A NEW ITEM FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON A CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN PLATE FOR KIDS. ITS MADE WITH CHALK BOARD ON TOP SO YOUR CHILD OR CHILDREN CAN CHANGE HOW MANY DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS. WILL PAIN IT ACCORDING TO HOW YOU WOULD LIKE IT. ONLY $5.00 ITS A GREAT DEAL!! COME CHECK THEM OUT ANS PLACE YOUR ORDER TODAY!!!!"

• Options
    I love that Christmas music is now playing on some radio stations. I know some people don't want to hear it this early, but they can just tune to another station because hearing Springsteen's version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" totally put me in a good mood on my way to work today.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Christmas music and will listen to it non stop. But this is even too early for me;  not until after Thanksgiving.  

my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    I didn't have a want to listen to Christmas music until we woke up torsos this morning. Now I want to listen to ALL the Christmas music. Anyone know what channel Christmas music is on XM? I can never seem to find it!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am sitting in an oncology Dr office (for my follow-up) and all I can smell is smoke. Half the people here have cancer, who in the world is smoking with all that going on?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    AlinnJo said:
    I didn't have a want to listen to Christmas music until we woke up torsos this morning. Now I want to listen to ALL the Christmas music. Anyone know what channel Christmas music is on XM? I can never seem to find it!
    I found Christmas music on Channel 17. Not sure if there are others as well.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    AlinnJo said:
    I found Christmas music on Channel 17. Not sure if there are others as well.

Awesome! Thank you!! We will be listening on our way to playgroup this morning!!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love Christmas music especially since I don't work retail and have to listen to it 24/7 while at work. It's so nice! We always ride around just before Christmas and look at all the houses decorated. We get hot cocoa and a cookie and put the Christmas music in. I love it! DS this year is going to be a blast. He's loving all the lights out already. Matter of fact we were playing in the basement on Sunday after I decorated that tree and his response to seeing it for the first time was "Oh wow, it's Christmas!" So damn cute!

• Options
    dimples12 said:
    @melody921 definitely doable! Post after pictures. :) there's a mom in our local group that does that too. I'm in it for playdates, not to fuel your business. She set up a pedicure/manicure playdate. Seriously? Cj won't let me do my nails at home, let alone someone's house! Fine print? It's a jamberry party. Not cool.
    I will! It should be an interesting project. DH and I are not particularly crafty, lol. He's in charge of sawing/evening out all the wood, I'm on painting.

WTF on the kid jamberry party.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    dimples12 said:
    @melody921 definitely doable! Post after pictures. :) there's a mom in our local group that does that too. I'm in it for playdates, not to fuel your business. She set up a pedicure/manicure playdate. Seriously? Cj won't let me do my nails at home, let alone someone's house! Fine print? It's a jamberry party. Not cool.

That's crazy. How the hell would you expect people to relax and do nails when there are a million kids running around? I did a Jamberry party last week at my mom's and everyone brought their kids; it was so difficult to teach people and do their orders but I made the best of it because it was their choice. I can't imagine inviting the kids on purpose. What a nightmare! Plus, sneaking it in on people is just going to piss them off.
  • Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I am sitting in an oncology Dr office (for my follow-up) and all I can smell is smoke. Half the people here have cancer, who in the world is smoking with all that going on?
    I think the sad fact is that people smoke even though they have cancer.  :(  I hope your follow-up goes well!

My UO is that I don't like the children's pants that have the big ruffles on the bottom of the legs. 
    Like these ones? :-D

• Options
    pharmer78pharmer78 member
    edited November 2014

You guys, I am SO TIRED.  I have 20 more minutes of my nightshift at work, and I am barely keeping my eyes open! The last time I slept was over 24 hours ago.  I can't believe I used to work this shift exclusively for 7 years. 

Edited because WTH emoticon did I put in there?

• Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I think the sad fact is that people smoke even though they have cancer.  :(  I hope your follow-up goes well!

My UO is that I don't like the children's pants that have the big ruffles on the bottom of the legs. 
    I'm currently not a fan either. I say currently because there were a lot of little girl trends I wasn't down with...until I had a little girl of my own to dress. Things get a lot cuter when they're on *YOUR* baby :) 

I have been dying to listen to Christmas music, but H and I agreed we would hold off until Thanksgiving, or at least the drive up to celebrate Thanksgiving (so, only one day early). That being said, I woke up to pretty, slowly falling fluffy snow, and I think I'm going to whip out the ole' Burl Ives record in a bit. 
  • Options
    Ben is in the midst of the 4mo wakeful.  We never dealt with it with Hannah, and it fucking sucks.

He wakes up between 3-4 every night, and acts like he's waking up for the day, like wide awake.

I've started giving him a small bottle, because it seems to be the only way to get him to go back down, so now I'll be dealing with another habit to break.

He had almost 2 weeks where he slept almost 12 hours straight and it was glorious.  I should have known better than to get comfortable.

• Options
    A two for one special: 

One if you are having a second shower or "sprinkle" send a invitation not an Evite.

Two I don't think you should register for a second shower / sprinkle.  Especially when your first shower was less than two years ago.  This just seems a bit too much too me...
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    Hyaline said:
    melody921 said:
    DH and I are officially trash pickers, lol. We've been on the hunt for a cheap dresser or bookshelf that could re refinished into a dress-up station for the kids for Christmas. Last night, our neighbors hauled this beauty to the curb:

Should be easy to rehab into something like this, right?
    I trash-pick on the regular.  I kinda judge people who throw away perfectly serviceable furniture instead of donating it, but I take advantage of their thoughtlessness all the time :)
    Sometimes, donation is a PITA. I reached out to Habitat ReHome months ago about a chair we wanted to unload, and they dropped the ball actually scheduling a pick-up time. 

• Options
    BPer said:

Ben is in the midst of the 4mo wakeful.  We never dealt with it with Hannah, and it fucking sucks.

He wakes up between 3-4 every night, and acts like he's waking up for the day, like wide awake.

I've started giving him a small bottle, because it seems to be the only way to get him to go back down, so now I'll be dealing with another habit to break.

He had almost 2 weeks where he slept almost 12 hours straight and it was glorious.  I should have known better than to get comfortable.
    Camden is stuck in the wakeful. I feel especially bad about it because he's spending the weekend with my ILs in a few weeks when we go to New Orleans and they are going to have to deal with it. I, on the other hand, will be getting ALL THE SLEEP!!!

I hope it doesn't last as long for you. This is no fun and I'm not used to a baby that doesn't sleep well!

Anniversary

• Options
    melody921 said:
    Hyaline said:
    melody921 said:
    DH and I are officially trash pickers, lol. We've been on the hunt for a cheap dresser or bookshelf that could re refinished into a dress-up station for the kids for Christmas. Last night, our neighbors hauled this beauty to the curb:

Should be easy to rehab into something like this, right?
    I trash-pick on the regular.  I kinda judge people who throw away perfectly serviceable furniture instead of donating it, but I take advantage of their thoughtlessness all the time :)
    Sometimes, donation is a PITA. I reached out to Habitat ReHome months ago about a chair we wanted to unload, and they dropped the ball actually scheduling a pick-up time. 
    These people can't even be bothered to put a free sign on shit and put it on the curb before trash pick-up.  I at least do that, lol.  And our community has a charity that does regular pick-ups--all you have to do is leave stuff out with a card that they mail you on it.  It's pretty foolproof.

Basically, lazy asshats make trash-picking more fun for me.
  • Options
    A FB friend just posted this Groupon deal. Looks like an awesome price for holiday cards. Think I need to switch to Staples for this year: https://www.groupon.com/bwf/d1e20206-eca8-46a0-a90c-4f53482bef14?utm_campaign=OfferReferral&utm_source=bwf_link&utm_medium=bwf

• Options
    melody921 said:
    MRoxy0628 said:

Like these ones? :-D
    Yeah, those are the ones.  She's adorable though! :)
  • Options
    melody921 said:

A FB friend just posted this Groupon deal. Looks like an awesome price for holiday cards. Think I need to switch to Staples for this year: https://www.groupon.com/bwf/d1e20206-eca8-46a0-a90c-4f53482bef14?utm_campaign=OfferReferral&utm_source=bwf_link&utm_medium=bwf

This is the one I posted the PSA about Tuesday. They have cute options and the site is pretty easy to use.
  • Options
    shiggybop said:

Count us in the 4 month wakeful as well. 2 nights ago, he only woke up twice. I felt so rested. It was awesome. Last night it was back to 3 times

Misery loves company.

Anniversary

• Options
    MrsKipper said:
    Count us in the 4 month wakeful as well. 2 nights ago, he only woke up twice. I felt so rested. It was awesome. Last night it was back to 3 times
    Misery loves company.

In that case I'm happy to join up! We are currently living in the up ever 30 min during normal sleeping hours camp!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't listen to a lot of Christmas music but I hope the kids sleep long enough on our drive to Chicago for Thanksgiving to get in the full David Sedaris Holidays on Ice cd. Santaland Diaries is one of my favorite things about the season.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    I don't listen to a lot of Christmas music but I hope the kids sleep long enough on our drive to Chicago for Thanksgiving to get in the full David Sedaris Holidays on Ice cd. Santaland Diaries is one of my favorite things about the season.
    I read this book every single year at Christmas time.  He is one of my favorite authors, and was the commencement speaker at my college graduation (he grew up here).

• Options
    The stomach bug I caught from Hannah has gotten me down to my pre-pg weight.

I'm pretty excited, but it also really sucks. Haha.

• Options
    MRoxy0628 said:

Thanks. I am clear to be a normal person again. 

I am not a huge fan of them, yet we own several pair to wear under dresses in the winter. They look better than normal leggings and tights don't always cut it. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"