May 2015 Moms

Feeling the need to urinate after urinating

Has anyone been getting the feeling of needing to urinate after just using the bathroom? It happens to be sporadically but it will be an annoying sort of burning sensation.
I've had this throughout the pregnancy so far and even had he doctor check to see if it was a UTI (which it wasn't).
I've read that it could be the baby's positioning? Which seems early for that but what do I know?! Anyone else have this or have any other thoughts? It's such an annoying feeling!

Re: Feeling the need to urinate after urinating

• It still could be a uti if it's getting worse. You also could be very dehydrated and the concentrated urine could burn.
  • I feel like that happens to me when I don't drink enough. As soon as I dilute down my urine, the urge to pee immediately after goes away, but of course then I need to pee for real soon afterwards.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had one UTI already and I think it has come back. A lot of pressure down there after I pee plus my bladder doesn't feel empty either. Anyone had the pressure after peeing? I've had this before I was pregnant, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? I'm 12 wks 2 days.
  • Are you emptying your bladder when you go to the bathroom? I find it helpful to lean forward while sitting on the toilet to help empty and it helps to lift the belly once it gets bigger.

imageimage

• Story of my life. No uti. This is my Second pregnancy and my bladder did this last time so I'm just use to it :(

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I usually pee every 30 minutes. I had an overactive bladder before pregnancy so it is only worse. Sometimes I pee and then 10 minutes later pee again. I have a hunch my bladder doesn't empty all the way combined with our bodies producing a ton more fluid.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been having the same problem. I was concerned that it was a uti and it turns out it wasn't. My nurse and doctor said it was probably just the uterus starting to grow on my other organs. Usually doesn't last that long for me. Kind of annoying everyone keeps saying its a uti when you've already been tested and it wasn't
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"