Single Parents
Options

wednesday randoms

edited November 2014 in Single Parents
Ive watched mickey mouse club house road rally more times then is good for your sanity and last night it dawned on me.

Mickey and gang are dicks to pete and pete is just a dick.

Re: wednesday randoms

• Options
    I can't not watch kids shows and wonder if I'm really that immature.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Also, I'm watching the 1989 Batman movie (Tim Burton's with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson) for the 384528494726:74959363th time. This was my favorite movie as a kid. That and Jurassic Park.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just spent last night with my sister catching up on the tv shows we watch as a family here. American Horror Story, Ink Master, Girl Code, Cutthroat Kitchen...

I used to have to marathon Elmo with my younger brother. I'm not looking forward to the whole kid's show thing. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP: 01/10/2010, EDD: 10/10/2010, Loss: 03/16/2010

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP: 07/14/2014, EDD: 03/04/2015
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    We just started some kids programs. I want to limit how much TV and technology she gets but my dad has the tv on 24/7. Even when he's not watching it. And BF watches a lot of tv too. I want her to see it as background noise mostly.
  • Options
    Mickey mouse club house is whats keeping me sane this week. Generally i try to keep tv watching to a minimum while bs awake
  • Options
    @20thirteen I was raised in a very similar environment. We had a SAHM for 3 kids under 4 and she would sometimes call it "the babysitter". It got to the point where ALL DAY we took turns watching "my show now" and before we knew it, Dad was home from work. Then we had dinner and would watch the CBS sit-coms until Letterman. Once I got to school I realized our lifestyle was rather absurd and slowly realized it was mental masturbation. (My parents had us read everyday, but 30 minutes of reading vs 9 hours of tv? NOPE.) When the little brother came a decade after the rest of us, what's the first thing they did?
    Came home from the hospital, changed him, fed him, put him in a bouncer in front of Baby Einstein. 

I can't avoid tv completely. I'll admit I like watching it. I don't want to teach my LO to become a zombie like we were. 

@MinnesotaMomma91 I remember Elmo on rough weeks. I'm eternally grateful to that little monster for my shreds of sanity. I'm just terrified of the monster tv can create in a kid. Oh, the tantrums. 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    @St3wd we only were allowed an hour of tv a day on weekdays and two hours on weekends. Normally our day is playing with toys and breakfast, watch a mickey, then go to the park come home, nap, lunch, more playing with toys, go for a walk, supper, then bath time, another mickey, bottle and story time with opa, then bed time.

But when b and i are both sick mickey is what gets him to sit still while loosing everything i ate ever
  • Options
    I'll have to try to adopt a "more activities, less tv" policy. It'll be a year or two before I can afford my own place. Until then I get to experience the super delightful power struggle my parents are sure to ensue. haha

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I totally understand what you mean
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"