Nurseries and Baby Gear

Nursery Question??

Hi ladies!  I've never posted on this board yet, I normally hang out on the March 2015 board.  I'm a STM due in March with a baby girl.  I have a 4 year old DS at home and we never found out the sex with him, so all of this planning beforehand is really different for me.  Last time, we did a Winnie the Pooh nursery and it worked either way.  I was really excited to find out last week that baby is perfectly healthy and a girl, but now my head is spinning.  I want to really enjoy the preparing the nursery stuff this time.  I want to avoid neutral stuff b/c it is really fun to buy the colored stuff this time.  Now my head is like, "what if this isn't a girl?"  The thought of getting everything ready to have to change it...is tiring! 
The u/s was done at 19 weeks at a maternal fetal medicine place (high risk dr and u/s tech).  The tech only looks at babies, no other ultrasounds and she said she doesn't make a guess if she isn't sure.  It was also a perfect in-between the leg shot.  It's pretty obvious when I look at it too.
Anyway...do you ladies go ahead and buy the clothes and get things ready for the sex they tell you and just hope they are right?  I probably won't have any other ultrasounds, unless their is a problem.  I'm not high-risk, just saw one for my a/s b/c of PPD med exposure.  Help me out, since I've never done this?

Thanks so much!   
PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

Re: Nursery Question??

• For both my pregnancies, the tech will not say 100% but don't guess. There is always the possibility it's wrong but I trust they are right. I plan the nursery and buy clothes based on having a girl. With DD1 we did buy the big gear, car seat etc, neutral so if #2 was a boy we could reuse.

If you want reassurance look into elective u/s places to get another look.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • we found out at 20wks we were having a girl. i went ahead and got the nursery ready as such and then for my husband's birthday later on, we elected to have another 4d u/s done. confirming still dd was in fact dd not ds... i'd say you are good to go, but if you are that concerned wait a little bit longer and have an elective u/s done.
  • Thanks ladies!  I may have an elective u/s later on, but for now we will go ahead and plan for pink.  I had a friend of mine who is an u/s tech take a look too and she says girl as well.  Thanks for all your comments! 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"