Minnesota Babies
Options

Newbie! (Kind of)

Hi, all!

I am kind of new to the board and wanted to introduce myself. I say I'm "kind of" new because I have been lurking for a while, and have actually introduced myself on a couple of different boards, but I have found that some of gals on some of the other boards can be quite unsupportive. I haven't directly experienced it, but I have noticed it for other people, and have been hesitant to actually post anything. Anyway, I decided I needed to come over here for some Minnesota Nice! :)

I'm actually from Wisconsin, but went to college in River Falls and ended up transplanting here in the cities about 10 years ago. My husband and I currently live in Vadnais Heights. I have two beautiful kids from a previous marriage- ages 6 and almost 8, who also live with us. I have remarried and DH and I have been TTC since March 2013, about 20 months. After 13 months of OPKs, we both went in for testing, and it looks like DH's motility and morphology are low. Soooo... we sought help from a fertility clinic in Woodbury this summer. After two months' worth of more testing, and the two options of either IUI or IVF spread out in front of us, we chose to go the IUI route for the first few cycles, since my insurance covers up to 6 cycles. I'm crossing my fingers that our situation isn't so severe and that IUI will work out for us!

Anyway, I just finished 11 days' worth of Bravelle injections, and last night took the hcg trigger shot. The insemination occurs about 36 hours after the trigger shot, so tomorrow is the big day for us- 10am! It'll be our first insemination cycle, so I googled the heck out of everything, and am ready for it.

My previous two pregnancies were easy-peasy, so I was NOT expecting to have to go through this much just to get pregnant. My first was a surprise, and I conceived my second in the first month off birth control. I'm excited and hopeful that this works! We try not to think about what we might need to do if IUI doesn't work out after 6 cycles.

So that's my story in a nutshell. :)  I had read through the board where several of you had met for lunch... I hope that another opportunity pops up in the near future! I'd be more than happy to coordinate. I'm really looking forward to meeting other ladies from the cities on here!

TTC since March 2013

HSG: Sept 2014, clear tubes

Dx: MFI - Low motility, morph, count (Aug. 2014); Hypothyroidism (May 2015)

Moved to IUIs October 2014

IUI #1 w/ injections:  Nov 2014- BFN

IUI #2 w/ injections:  Jan 2015- BFN

IUI #3.1 w/ injections:  Feb. 2015, cancelled due to cysts- 10 days BCP

IUI #3.2 w/ injections:  Feb/March 2015- BFN

IUI #4 w/ 100mg Clomid +  Injections:  August 2015- BFN

IUI #5 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  September 2015- BFN

IUI #6 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  October 2015 - Cancelled due low response

Moved to IVF May 2016 

Retrieved 18 eggs on 05/27/2016, 13 were ICSI'd, 9 made it to day-five transfer

Transferred 2 beautiful day-five embryos on 06/01/2016, froze 7

BFP 4dp5dt on 06/05/2016!  Line continued to darken beautifully!

EDD:  February 17, 2017

Beta #1:  92

Beta #2:  305 

Ultrasound #1 - one baby!

Ultrasound #2 - saw heartbeat!

LFAF Badges:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"