Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

He behaves for us separately, but not when we're together?

DS was being a stubborn, grump over the weekend. DH and I became frustrated because there just didn't seem like any way to make him stop acting up. He was having tantrums, hitting, and throwing his shoes! DH was giving me a hard time saying I baby him too much and need to be stern with him. DH was being stern with him and it wasn't helping anyway.

Later on, when DS was sleeping, we realized that he acts up mostly when the 2 of us are together. DH has no issue when it's just the two of them and I have no issue when it's just the two of us. Has anyone dealt with this before? Is it a passing phase?

TTC 17 months, Dx: MFI (morph = 1,) Endo. Surprise BFP after HSG!

Re: He behaves for us separately, but not when we're together?

• My LOs tend to act up more for the pair of us than separately also. I think sometimes it's that when your by yourself your more aware since it's just you. When DH is with me sometimes we both sort of think the other is going to step up. I would just try to be as consistent as possible and not make empty threats.
  • This happens to us too.  I think it is because we aren't giving her our undivided attention when it is the three of us and DH and I are talking or what not.  It also happens if I am trying to cook dinner or clean, etc. and not paying attention to her and she gets really clingy and whiny.  If she is throwing a tantrum and throwing things because she isn't getting her way I just ignore her. I don't want her to think by acting out like that she will get my attention. If she starts hitting she goes into a time out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"