Cloth Diapering

Hemp Inserts Recomendations

I was looking for a few good inserts to put into some pocket diapers for more absorbency.  what are your opinions of  thristies hemp inserts or babykicks joey-bunz.

Also what size should I purchase.  DD is currently 4 months old and almost 13.5 lbs

Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hemp Inserts Recomendations

• I have a few of the babykicks that I add to Bum Genius pockets under the regular insert, and I like them a lot. The large are very big- they'll completely fill a fully unsnapped BG- I only use those for overnight. I use the medium during the day if we're going out and I want to be extra sure that he won't leak- I just put it all the way to the front since the back of his inserts usually don't get wet. For an infant, probably the small? They shrink up a lot, so don't panic when you first get them.

• freezorburnfreezorburn member
    edited November 2014
    I love the hemp that comes with Thirsties pockets, so assuming it's the same fabric I would recommend it.

The other ones I have are GMD hemp doublers. I like them paired with MF or to boost an ON fitted.

Didn't care for hemp babies hemp doublers. I think the ones I had were poorly cut, so they had a tendency to warp and that annoyed me. But the fabric was nice and absorbent.
  • Loading the player...
  • I use the gmd hemp doublers overnight. I like them.
  • I have the Thirsties Hemp inserts and really like those.  My guy just turned three months and I just started stuffing a pocket diaper with a prefold wrapped around a small Thirsties hemp at night.  Works great for us so far.  We're still on the smallest rise snaps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mrshudson618mrshudson618 member
    edited November 2014
    I have thirsties and babykicks. of the two, I greatly prefer the babykicks, just because the thirsties take FOREVER to dry. much longer than the rest of my diaper laundry.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"