Single Parents

Daily Threads

H'okay... 

I know we're all super busy. Probably busier than most. This is the single parent's board, after all. I'm not sure how many of us are mobile bumping. I'm currently working from home, leave the page up, refresh every so often. (Does the app send your phone notifications?) But because we're so busy, it may not be realistic to have an active daily AND an active random on top of the individual topics. 

I'm trying to say that I'd like to help encourage some lurkers to join the party, since a majority of our posts are rants. Please, continue to use us as a sounding board. (I don't mind.) I would also like to see some positive posts too. I'm just Team Glitter like that.

I loved the idea of a health check-in. Are there any others you guys would be up for? 
I've been brainstorming, and so far I've come up with a few:

Monday : School/Career Check-in, Tell us about classes or how things are going at work 
Tuesday : 
Wednesday : HDBD/Spotlight on the Kids, Show off your LO
Thursday : 
Friday : Fitness Friday, general health check-in 

Feel free to move these, switch them up, change them completely, insert your own... I was trying to think of universal topics everyone can relate to if they have time during the day. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
BFP: 01/10/2010, EDD: 10/10/2010, Loss: 03/16/2010

Lilypie Maternity tickers
BFP: 07/14/2014, EDD: 03/04/2015
imageimageimage

Re: Daily Threads

• This is a good idea.  I am mostly a lurker/ new to this board/ occasional poster.

What about a love life/ social life check in on Tuesday?

And on Thursday maybe we can do "Thankful Thursdays"? 

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• @Helenahhandbasketbasket OOOH! Those are good ideas! I'm not sure how the Tuesday suggestion should be phrased though. 
    Others' Updates or Network News?

But a day when we can share about SOs, family, friends, and how they may have impacted us or upcoming events (like birthday parties) or if we need help with an issue they're having?

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • ST3WD said:
    @Helenahhandbasketbasket OOOH! Those are good ideas! I'm not sure how the Tuesday suggestion should be phrased though. 
    Others' Updates or Network News?

But a day when we can share about SOs, family, friends, and how they may have impacted us or upcoming events (like birthday parties) or if we need help with an issue they're having?

Network News sounds good-- this way you can share any news about any social events you have on your schedule :D

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I like these ideas, weve been falling down on threads we used to do daily (meme monday, positivity tuesday, aw wednesday, thankful thursday, and fuck it friday, suck it saturday, and screw it sunday).

Im definitly down for a health check in and i love to aw my kiddo.
  • I saw all the meme Mondays and was wondering what that was about. haha Is there a way we can blend these, since they already exist? I was mostly looking to provide us with a steady support system for goals we may have, but I tend to be competitive. :P

imageimageimage
  • Meme mondays are basically a gif party. On my bmb they did a working moms check in.
  • That's where I got the idea for the school/career one. The students and working moms do a check in once a week. I figured school is basically work with a suckier paycheck, so we could combine them and hear how everyone's doing. 

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"