September 2012 Moms
Options

Toosday

Re: Toosday

• Options
    MommaP12 said:
    @beebopandbuddy good luck!!  Is this a role with in your new/current employer or a new job altogether?  How is your second job going?

I am seriously grateful that I got a winter coat on 10/30 because winter is definitely here.   DH got a coat yesterday, we were really scrambling to prepare for winter and of course the kids are priority.  I have a pair of Uggs and a pair of Sorel's coming in the mail and hope they are here by next week.

I am so unmotivated to work, but motivated to diet/exercise so there's that...God forbid I ever do both.  I've lost 5 pounds in 5 weeks and DH and I do DDP yoga 3-4/week together and we started week 6 yesterday.  I love it and love that we are doing this together.   My sister's wedding is in June and I need to lose a good 10 by then and can't let the Holidays screw me up!

It's a new role in the same company. They were really supportive of me when I asked to apply for it. I'm really hoping to get back to counseling rather than case management. The second job is my Jamberry business and it's coming along. It takes more time than I thought it would, but I'm starting to get rolling so I'm hoping it'll get easier as I go along. Thanks for asking! I'm so mentally unprepared for winter it's not funny. We have all the coats and stuff, but I just don't want to deal with the cold at all. I'm a big baby.
  • Options
    THT every time you talk about pain in the butt customers I really hope my DH is not one of them.  Ha.  You don't do anything with calibration equipment, do you?
    LMFAO, no we don't ;)  I always feel bad for complaining on here, but I don't want to complain to employees, coworkers, and DH definitely doesn't want to hear about it.  I probably need a therapist!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bper I left mine out one time (GROSS), and told DH it was a hairtie.  Then I picked it up and walked out pretending like I was going to put it in my hair.  I am dying that someone else in the world left theirs out too hahaha
    Oh good, we are equally gross.  At least he was the one to find it, and not the actual plumber. Haha

• Options
    THT every time you talk about pain in the butt customers I really hope my DH is not one of them.  Ha.  You don't do anything with calibration equipment, do you?
    LMFAO, no we don't ;)  I always feel bad for complaining on here, but I don't want to complain to employees, coworkers, and DH definitely doesn't want to hear about it.  I probably need a therapist!

#-o Thank goodness!  Complain all you like.  You sound like you have some real jerky customers.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    AKB090609 said:
    We use Dr. Bronners, they are great at getting rid of protein stains on fabric just FYI. I found them to be too drying in winter for hand washing.
    Same here. I like them, but not in winter. I really like Everyday Shea. I think @MarisaKathleen was the one to recommend it a few months back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Today is my Monday, so I'm a bit swamped.

DH and I had a lot of fun in Austin, but it was nice to get home to the kids last night. I'm so looking forward to the holiday season when we have some built-in extra days off and can have more family time. It feels like we've just been running for months.

I used a new makeup remover cloth that gave me a disgusting looking rash that is only partially hidden by makeup. Ugh. Can anyone recommend a good makeup remover/foundation for combination skin?

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    Has anyone used the Dr. Bronners soaps? Thinking about getting some for T and adding in lavender and melrose EO's for his excema. I'm starting to get a little more crunchy just reading about all of these chemicals we put into our bodies! Scary.
    Dr. Bronner's is horrific for eczema because it's very drying.  Everyday Shea is a good one...super moisturizing, chemical free, doesn't hurt eczema.  doesn't make it better either though.  

the only thing I've found that works for mine and Nancy's eczema is L'Bri (for her, since it's chemical free) and for me, I use either that or the Eucerin one in a gold bottle that someone on here recommended to me.  It's ridiculous.

Good luck!!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    melody921 said:

DH and I had a lot of fun in Austin, but it was nice to get home to the kids last night. I'm so looking forward to the holiday season when we have some built-in extra days off and can have more family time. It feels like we've just been running for months.

I used a new makeup remover cloth that gave me a disgusting looking rash that is only partially hidden by makeup. Ugh. Can anyone recommend a good makeup remover/foundation for combination skin?
    I have combo skin, I use an EO mixture with witch hazel to remove makeup, and as an astringent.

I use MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation for makeup. Love it!

• Options
    DH just called to tell me he is going to France and Chicago this week. I hate when international travel gets sprung on us with less than 24 hours notice! Every day I feel less and less bad about some of the people who got fired from his company last month!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    melody921 said:

@melody921, those remover clothes are the worst. they just smear shit around your face.  I use L'Bri (duh) face wash to remove my make up.  For eye makeup remover (if I have waterproof stuff on) I use the camomile one from The Body Shop.  It's gentle enough for my contact lenses and isn't oily and weird.

I'm completely and hopelessly in love with Laura Geller Balance & Brighten foundation.  I wish I weren't, because I don't like paying for it, but it's awesome.  Also, I just started using a CC cream from It Cosmetics that's pretty spectacular.  I've never tried a CC cream before, but this one might make me a convert.  My Mom subscribes to that Beauty Tube and the samples she doesn't like or think she'll use she gives to me. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    @melody21 I've been using the Boscia Make-up Break-up cleansing oil before my regular face wash and like it a lot. 

@kdsmith43 Babyganics has an eczema treatment lotion (sold at Target) that I like a lot.
  • Options
    Until I came across a storefront this weekend, I always thought West Elm was only an online business!

• Options
    THT, my aunt has done something very similar in her house to what you want, the old/salvaged furniture is beautiful and makes the house feel warm and grounded.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So everything from nb to 24mo is vacuum bagged. Now I have to sort through all the get rid of stuff. I didn't even think about it before I posted a picture of the clothes but now a few people want stuff and I kind of planned on selling the nicer things and donating everything else. Less work. But this is Dh's cousin and a close family friend so I feel obligated. Blah.  Also the stuff stored in totes have weird stains on them No clue where they came from it's not just baby stains they weren't there before.  

Needless to say I am proud of my accomplishment.  

So, what are your thoughts on the vacuum bags?

• Options
    @kdsmith43 they definitely shrunk them! Not sure how to store them. I will try and fit them in totes I guess for easy stacking. Hopefully they fit a bunch in one. 
  • Options
    @kdsmith43 they definitely shrunk them! Not sure how to store them. I will try and fit them in totes I guess for easy stacking. Hopefully they fit a bunch in one. 
    I used the ginormo ones to store L's clothes. I had hoped they would stack in a tote, but they were too big. Next time, I will use the medium sized ones and store in totes. As it is, I have the ginormo ones on a storage rack. 2 of the 3 have lost their deflation and are now just storing the full size clothes in a plastic bag. I am not sure how useful they are for long term needs. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I'm really torn between modern farmhouse and classic farmhouse in terms of style for my future house.  I LOVE thick woodwork, transom windows, pocket doors, huge amazing front doors,etc. 

If I could find a really old house to buy, I would restore all classic details and use more modern furnishings.  Alas, I cannot for the life of me find an old house to buy.  We've been looking for 3 years.  So I think I can do the opposite?

Modern farmhouse, with simple clean lines, and then bring some history into the home by buying some salvaged pieces from very old homes (from a reclamation/salvage place).  By keeping a very modern color pallet (whites, grays, blacks, blue grays), I could have all of the old details I love but with a more modern twist.  We'll have a more reliable home without the issues of buying a 100 yr old home but with some history fused in, and a more open floorplan without having to do a major remodel.  Anyway, this is what I'm thinking. 
    We built a modern farmhouse.  In the next week or so I should be able to post some good pictures, as most of the trim and moulding and character-type stuff should be finished.

• Options
    I used the vacuum bags for storing clothes (mine) when we were packing up our townhouse to get it ready for sale.  So basically everything that could go into bins to make the closets look neat was put into the vacuum bags and then into a bin.  It worked pretty well but some of the bags took air bag on, some (three years later - t-shirts i want to make into one of the t-shirt quilts; are still in the bags as i left them).  

So I think its hit or miss.

the clothes came out really wrinkled as well.  And the bags to store the bedding / pillows didn't really save that much space for the cost (as I picked up a couple of those for our spare bedding, blankets and linens)  In the end i ended up using taking them out of the bags and using the sheets and towels to wrap dishes instead of news paper.  A moving win win :)
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    I used the ginormo ones to store L's clothes. I had hoped they would stack in a tote, but they were too big. Next time, I will use the medium sized ones and store in totes. As it is, I have the ginormo ones on a storage rack. 2 of the 3 have lost their deflation and are now just storing the full size clothes in a plastic bag. I am not sure how useful they are for long term needs. 
    Can you reseal them? or did the valve break or something? 
  • Options
    I tried. They just took on air again a week later. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    Boo. well for now I feel accomplished haha! I'll deal with that later.  
  • Options
    Boo. well for now I feel accomplished haha! I'll deal with that later.  
    Like smb said, they are hit or miss. I hope you got all good ones. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    My office is a building on our main street area in town. Its split in two. We're obviously on one side and the other side is an eye doctor. We got a shit ton of snow today so after I got back from lunch I went out to shovel the sidewalk. One of the workers from the eye doctor comes out and says thanks for shoveling then starts a one sided conversation with me about how she won't shovel anymore because she did it all last year and the eye doctor never gave her a bonus, extra incentive or a thank you. I get the thank you but you really expect a bonus for shoveling? We live in the UP. It snows from November until April. It's kind of an unspoken part of your job. Whatever happened to doing something nicely without expecting anything in return?

• Options
    My grandpa passed away about a year and a half ago, and naturally my mom is still sad about it from time to time (it was her dad). Anywho, I found an Etsy shop that does custom jewelry using signatures and handwriting, so I decided I wanted to get her something with my Pippi's writing. I figured I was going to have a hard time, because my Mimmi was always the one who wrote in cards and notes and such, and I couldn't find anything of mine that had his handwriting, and I didn't want to ask her because she'd know something was up. I talked with my uncle who said he would round things up for me, still thinking I'd have to piece together letters to get it to say what I wanted. Well I got the stuff in the mail today, and I have NEVER seen my Pippi write in cursive, or sign anything, but he had randomly saved a note that said blahblahblah, gone fishing, Love Dad. I am ECSTATIC! He was obsessed with fishing... like, Ob.Sess.Ed. It seems kind of silly to have that written on a bracelet or necklace, but if you knew him it makes perfect sense. I'm pretty sure my mom is going to just die, and I can't wait to give it to her!!!

(an example of the bracelets...) sorry for the hugeness... I seem to only be able to ever post 19ft pictures... 
    I think @MarisaKathleen had linked an Etsy site for this before. I'm sure it's the same person. It's such a great idea. You're mom will love it! I think I'm going to do something similar for my mom for mother's day/birthday this year.

• Options
    AKB090609 said:
    THT, my aunt has done something very similar in her house to what you want, the old/salvaged furniture is beautiful and makes the house feel warm and grounded.
    Now I'm getting excited!  All I need is more money.  No biggie.  :p

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    BobKat22 said:
    So everything from nb to 24mo is vacuum bagged. Now I have to sort through all the get rid of stuff. I didn't even think about it before I posted a picture of the clothes but now a few people want stuff and I kind of planned on selling the nicer things and donating everything else. Less work. But this is Dh's cousin and a close family friend so I feel obligated. Blah.  Also the stuff stored in totes have weird stains on them No clue where they came from it's not just baby stains they weren't there before.  

Needless to say I am proud of my accomplishment.  

DD's clothes had formula stains on them that weren't noticeable when I first stored them. Hers were in the attic. I figured the heat brought them out. Are they yellow stains?
    Yes, but weird places. And they were on some of my sweatshirts that were stored as well....So I'm not sure. 
  • Options
    @tyrannosaurusjess That is so sweet it made me tear up.  I'm sure she's going to love it!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    BPer said:

We built a modern farmhouse.  In the next week or so I should be able to post some good pictures, as most of the trim and moulding and character-type stuff should be finished.
    Yah I was on IG stalking you to see if you have any more house pictures......Busted!

• Options
    Vaccuum bags. Great if you need to store lots of things long term. Not worth it for the short term. You'd have to wash or iron all the garments.

Nuvaring, best form of BC in my opinion.

My kid was running a fever today when I dropped her at school so today I get a sick day.  Only instead if her being all cuddly sick, she was in go go mode.  She is such a faker.  Every darn time she gets sent home sick she asks/eats/ poops completely normal.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"