December 2013 Moms
Options

Kids climbing on you-thoughts?

This is random and maybe should be in the spam thread but what are your thoughts about random kids climbing on you/touching you/etc? I ask because my LO is very social and will crawl over to people and hold onto their knees and stand up. Yesterday we were at a kids bday party and she did this two different people. Of course they did not outwardly seem to mind and I wouldn't care if this happened to me. Just wondering if I should stop her from doing this because I don't want to annoy or intrude on anyone's personal space.

Re: Kids climbing on you-thoughts?

• Options
    I agree with @pearsforpoops :) 
  • Options
    I'm in the @pearsforpoops camp.  If it's someone who's comfortable with kids and we see often I'd let them, but if it's someone who doesn't have any kids/is visibly uncomfortable or we don't see often, I'd probably grab them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SAHMfinallySAHMfinally member
    edited November 2014
    If I don't know the kid, I'll laugh and smile... But it makes me uncomfortable. I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings...

If my LO goes to pull up on someone, I ask if they're ok with it or if he is bothering them. I'm not sure what whether or not the person has kids of their own has to do with it.... People without kids aren't automatically pedophiles or lepers or irritated by kids...
  • Options
    If I don't know the kid, I'll laugh and smile... But it makes me uncomfortable. I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings... If my LO goes to pull up on someone, I ask if they're ok with it or if he is bothering them. I'm not sure what whether or not the person has kids of their own has to do with it.... People without kids aren't automatically pedophiles or lepers or irritated by kids...
    My comment about people without kids is because in my experience, ppl without kids are typically uneasy about kids climbing on them.  I also know that that is not always the case though. 
  • Options
    I let my kid pull up on friends. We are hardly in a place where there are people that don't know her/that are uncomfortable around her. If they look uncomfortable I will grab her.
  • Options
    If it was a complete stranger, I would pull my child away.  If it was someone that I knew but wasn't sure how comfortable they were with it, I would probably go to get her but if they said they didn't mind, I would leave her.  But my child is terrified of people she doesn't know so I don't really need to worry about that.....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This may be just me & probably because I AM a mom, but if a kid I didn't know climbed up on me, it wouldn't bother me at first, but then as the child is holding onto me, I feel responsible for them for that moment. What if they toppled over accedentally? (I think we all know how quickly & suddenly it can happen) I'd feel soooo terrible. I just wouldn't want someone else to feel that. So, unless it is family or a very close friend, I'd be grabbing them.

My 2 December boys

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"