Cloth Diapering

Blueberry vs others

Are the blueberry diapers really that much better? I'm tempted to get a couple, but don't know if they are really worth $30/diaper aside from the cute prints.

Re: Blueberry vs others

• The Simplex are among my favorites. I have a preference for natural fibers and as natural fiber AIOs go, they dry relatively quickly. Unless they don't fit properly on your child, they are worth every penny.

I also have a couple of their Coveralls and Capris. They fit nicely over ON fitteds.

Keep in mind that part of what goes into the cost is that they are made in the USA. Whether or not that is important to you is a personal thing. For some people, budget trumps everything. Others don't mind paying a bit more to support manufacturing in the US.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love my blueberry coveralls, and think that they are definitely worth the price. But they are the only blueberry diapers I own, so I can't speak to any of the others. 

• I think they are worth spending more for. Convenience of an AIO, flexibility of a pocket, well made, natural fibers and a trim fit. Most of my stash is simplexes, and I really love them. That said, I have never paid full price for one....keep an eye out for sales and coupon codes, and you should be able to get 10-25% off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love my blueberries, but I bought them before the price increase.  Not sure if I would have spent $30 for them or not.  Probably.  But I like my SoftBums and Grovia almost as well.  So maybe not.  IDK.  They are the tallest rise diapers I've found.  If you have a tall kid, that might be worth the extra $.  Even if you don't, you probably won't regret it.   

image imageimageimage

• I got mine before the price increase. I like them enough to have paid full price. We can budget for it. But I didn't buy them all at once either.
  • I purchased some blueberry covers, DH thinks they will be his favorite covers to use. I guess we will see come Feb.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image image image
  • Admittedly I've never paid full price for my Blueberries, but the best discounts I can get in Canada are 15% off. Even on sale they are my most expensive covers (besides my wool).y Blueberry Capri's are my favourite cover though. Great quality, great prints, both newborn and OS fit and work great. I also have a coverall that I like almost as much.

Blueberries also have good reseale value, because they are good quality and hold up well.

That being said, I'm not about to go out and buy a stash of Blueberries becuade the cost is a factor.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • My blueberry covers are by far my favorites and to me worth the price, but I have giant children. I have a few simplexes I've bought used but I'm not that into aio.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have some capris, and I was all but ready to convert my entire stash to them recently. I also have some pockets and a couple coveralls. I like them, but they're not my personal favorite. If you can catch a seconds sale or buy them second hand, though, they're a good work horse diaper to have.

Also, @stringy813 adding a hemp insert was the only way G1 could wear our v3s. It worked great, though :)
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Post and run? My husband is a Japanese movie star. This is according to the owner of our favorite Viet-Thai restaurant. Wouldn't buying used be a viable option, too?
    I wouldn't be opposed to buying them used, but I haven't seen any good ones local. From the ones I've seen here in the resale shops, I'm worried about buying used online. The elastic, pul, and aplix (if they have it) was shot on almost all of them. I did find a package of brand new gdiaper brand reusable inserts for $3. The only thing wrong was there were only 5 in the package instead of 6. 

• Post and run?

My husband is a Japanese movie star. This is according to the owner of our favorite Viet-Thai restaurant.

Wouldn't buying used be a viable option, too?

I wouldn't be opposed to buying them used, but I haven't seen any good ones local. From the ones I've seen here in the resale shops, I'm worried about buying used online. The elastic, pul, and aplix (if they have it) was shot on almost all of them. I did find a package of brand new gdiaper brand reusable inserts for $3. The only thing wrong was there were only 5 in the package instead of 6. 

------
    Do you have Facebook? There are some good swap groups there, even brand specific ones. Lately the few Blueberry diapers I have seen posted in my local swap group were all practically new, for some really great deals.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Post and run? My husband is a Japanese movie star. This is according to the owner of our favorite Viet-Thai restaurant. Wouldn't buying used be a viable option, too?
    ------ Do you have Facebook? There are some good swap groups there, even brand specific ones. Lately the few Blueberry diapers I have seen posted in my local swap group were all practically new, for some really great deals.
    How are you able to make sure they are in good condition or is there the ability to return them if they aren't as described ( I know every group would be different).
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage

• Post and run?

My husband is a Japanese movie star. This is according to the owner of our favorite Viet-Thai restaurant.

Wouldn't buying used be a viable option, too?

------
    Do you have Facebook? There are some good swap groups there, even brand specific ones. Lately the few Blueberry diapers I have seen posted in my local swap group were all practically new, for some really great deals.

How are you able to make sure they are in good condition or is there the ability to return them if they aren't as described ( I know every group would be different).

Paypal, yo.

Plus you ask.

----------
    This. And sometimes people post things new with tags, or new and only prepped and you can tell by the pictures they are brand new.
    I find Facebook reliable because you can see the person's name, and if you get ripped off you can report to the group and people stick up for one another with stuff like that. At least in my group.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • The PUL is awesome.  None of my simplex or Coveralls have delaminated.  The PUL looks brand-new.

The birdseye cotton is wearing a little on my Simplex (I add a doubler - might eventually sew in another layer or two of birdseye), and I need to replace the elastic.  But, I think that's par for the course after 2.5 years of abusing diapers like I do ;)  None of my t-shirts would have held up to that abuse!  I fully expect with minor repairs to be able to get another 2 years out of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"