February 2015 Moms
Options

Nursery

I know for lots of us we are just getting started, but i figured let's have a place to show the room progress, and also to share ideas/good decor deals.

Here is our walls. DH was trying to do some chevron stripes, but the tape didn't work. I actually really like it this way anyway with the large pink.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Nursery

• Options
    great idea! Our theme is yellow, grey and white.  We haven't started yet.  Hubby is still working on getting the room cleaned out.  It used to be our study/put everything we don't have space for room, lol. We made a lot of progress in clearing it out but not done yet.  As soon as its cleared out we will paint but I don't know how I want to doe the walls yet! I will either do something similar to what you've done... pale grey wall with a yellow stripe or one solid pale yellow wall.

• Options
    Love the pink stripe! Havnt got started yet, had to go over the color tan with my husband 50 times before he picked up the correct color at the store!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cloe111479‌ love it we are doing gray, white, & pink chevron too!! Might steal your idea!
  • Options
    @amack22 -- Go for it!  He found the chevron tape at a Michael's craft store.  It was a great idea, it just didn't quite work out well. I think he may have been to eager to take the tape down too.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    NeeseyNeesey member
    edited November 2014
    There is a frog brand (the green tape) version at Home Depot too made specifically for walls.
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • Options
    Really cute!

I think I'm going to do a variation of this with the IKEA hemnes dresser and 2 drawer nightstand thing, and a similar overlay.  https://www.sugarlaws.com/ikea-henmes-dresser-diy 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We got something else done last night.  :-)

And I found this on etsy.  I think we will be ordering it for her room. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Looks great. I haven't even begun to think about the nursery yet. I best get on it!
    Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

• Options
    2nd one.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    DH just gave me the go ahead and picked a theme for the nursery this week so I'm just starting to think about this.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mels823 said:
    Also pink, white, and grey chevron! We found a very cute stick on boarder for the walls and my husband made the name on the wall all by himself, I was so proud of his crafting skills!! He finally admitted he started a secret Pinterest account to get ideas to decorate the nursery lol
    That looks great!  That's what my DH was attempting with the chevron!  Love the name placement too!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We still haven't cleaned out the room, and everything is unassembled/in boxes/in storage. Is anyone else waiting? Maybe I should start a new thread on that!
  • Options
    SaraL1175 said:

We still haven't cleaned out the room, and everything is unassembled/in boxes/in storage. Is anyone else waiting? Maybe I should start a new thread on that!

Sadly, we are. We need to finish the basement so that my older girls can have their "studio apartment" and that will open up a nursery and home office for us. It's got maybe a month to go before its done and we can do the big move. I'm so ready to start putting the nursery together!
  • Options
    Sadly, we are. We need to finish the basement so that my older girls can have their "studio apartment" and that will open up a nursery and home office for us. It's got maybe a month to go before its done and we can do the big move. I'm so ready to start putting the nursery together!
    I'm also playing the waiting game. I'm a FTM, so I have nothing baby-related. The nursery is bare right now except the queen bed, nightstand, and dresser that we already have. I'm waiting for my first baby shower (Sunday after Thanksgiving), but the second one isn't until mid-January.  My mother-in-law is buying the crib, but I don't know when she intends to do so. I like getting things done early and planning ahead, but there is no timeline right now. I'm grateful for all the help I can get, so I'll suck it up and wait. 

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• Options

SaraL1175 said:

I'm also playing the waiting game. I'm a FTM, so I have nothing baby-related. The nursery is bare right now except the queen bed, nightstand, and dresser that we already have. I'm waiting for my first baby shower (Sunday after Thanksgiving), but the second one isn't until mid-January.  My mother-in-law is buying the crib, but I don't know when she intends to do so. I like getting things done early and planning ahead, but there is no timeline right now. I'm grateful for all the help I can get, so I'll suck it up and wait. 

Ok, there's a relief! I've been feeling like such a deadbeat mom. We need to repurpose our study/guest room, but we have family coming for Thanksgiving and need the current setup to accommodate our guests. I also had a prior late term loss in the same gender as this baby, so I feel nervous setting up and getting stuff ready.

OTOH I'm going crazy nesting and really want to do something -- and feel like my baby deserves the emotional bonding that comes with all the nesting.

It is certainly very fun and inspiring to see what all the other mamas are doing! I love the pics.
  • Options
    I think we get to start painting next week! DH finished patching the walls and fixing the light switch yesterday so just has to sand in a few more places to prep the walls.

Crib just arrived to the store this week and we tried picking it up yesterday but the box is too big for my mom's Rav 4. Not quite sure yet what we are doing about that since all other friends and family suvs are similar size.
  • Options
    @cloe111479‌ that's the crib I picked out! I can't decide between the espresso or cherry finish. The trim in the house has a cherry feel but the cube section I bought is dark espresso. ...I'm so OCD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Married 9/10/11 * BFP 6/9/14 * EDD 1/25/15

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    flyster said:

I think we get to start painting next week! DH finished patching the walls and fixing the light switch yesterday so just has to sand in a few more places to prep the walls.

Crib just arrived to the store this week and we tried picking it up yesterday but the box is too big for my mom's Rav 4. Not quite sure yet what we are doing about that since all other friends and family suvs are similar size.

We had to rent a truck at Home Depot for $20 an hour to get the crib home. It's stupid how they are packaged and that they can't ship from online to home (BRU)
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    flyster said:

Does anyone have a minivan? Our Honda odessey has stow and go third row seats, plus the entire second row are also easily removed. It's incredibly spacious.
  • Options
    SaraL1175 said:

flyster said:

Does anyone have a minivan? Our Honda odessey has stow and go third row seats, plus the entire second row are also easily removed. It's incredibly spacious.
    Or you can bring a couple of guys and some rope and tie it to the roof rack of the car. That's what my hubby does whenever something doesn't fit inside the car.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    So this is what we have so far. Not really too much on the actual walls but most of our house doesnt have pictures up.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    StephanieLBerg that never even occurred to me even though we routinely put a canoe on top my car!  We have the foam block system, which I bet would work really well especially since we don't have to go on the highway.  Thanks!

SaraL1175 sadly no mini vans around. 
  • Options
    @psychobutthead Love it! DH was pushing so hard for one of those "roadmap" rugs - they really are cute :)
    DH mentioned to me along time ago that he had one as a kid and loved it. So for me it just made sense to buy a little boy one. I figure it will get multiple use this way. :)
    Only thing is now DD wants a new rug for her room and a new dresser to since the baby gets to have new.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    So I just realized that it is going to be impossible to having matching woods in our nursery. I'm a tad stressed about it, but I know it isn't important.  Tell me that plenty of you have non-matching woods!
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited November 2014
    kefttsc said:

So I just realized that it is going to be impossible to having matching woods in our nursery. I'm a tad stressed about it, but I know it isn't important.  Tell me that plenty of you have non-matching woods!

I have woods that aren't even in the same in family. We have real wood for the base boards and window sill, but the blind in the window is made of composite faux wood, and the closet door is actually made of heavy polymer plastic thats been blown to look like wood! o.O
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    kefttsc said:

I have used nonmatching woods before and gotten big compliments.
  • Options
    kefttsc said:
    We don't even have matching furniture colors! The crib is Espresso and the dresser is white! We will have white shelving and who knows what color the glider/ futon couch is going to be. Mix and match away! :) 

____________________________________________________________                                           

TTC 10+ | Stage 4 Endometriosis

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"