June 2014 Moms

Dry/Sensitive Skin

LO has some very dry, rough patches of skin on his legs and is starting to get the same thing on his cheeks. I had bad eczema when I was a baby so I am guessing that is what it is. DH tried putting some baby lotion on his legs, but he immediately broke out in a bumpy rash (he tried Johnsons and Burt's Bees separately). Any suggestions for a baby with sensitive skin?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dry/Sensitive Skin

• Vaseline. We put it on LOs cheeks because they get so dry.
  • Cetaphil wash and cream was recommended to us. I also hear aquafor is good for eczema. I found Burts Bees dried out my son's skin. I have been using Weleda face cream for his face and it does a great job.
  • Loading the player...
  • Similar question but LO has gotten some really rough places on his face and arms and legs. There isn't a visible rash... no red bumps, but you can feel it. Should I be doing something for it? Doesn't seem to bother him. I've been trying aquaphor but it hasn't made any difference yet.
  • We switched to Aveno baby wash and lotion... total game changer for us! Johnson and Johnson did nothing for poor LO's dry patches!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! I will definitely be giving some of these a try.

• Similar question but LO has gotten some really rough places on his face and arms and legs. There isn't a visible rash... no red bumps, but you can feel it. Should I be doing something for it? Doesn't seem to bother him. I've been trying aquaphor but it hasn't made any difference yet
    @shellbell813 - that might be eczema. You can't see DS's rash either (that only appeared after we tried the lotions). His skin just feels really rough and dry.

• I love this for chapped cheeks & face:

https://www.mustelausa.com/shop/hydra-stick-with-cold-cream.html

It's worth every penny and lasts forever.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• @mandy2696 - thanks, i think i am definitely going to try that on his cheeks!

• Going through the same thing now. Switched from JnJ to aveeno eczema lotion and body wash. We had to put the lotion on him after every diaper change and after 2 weeks his face is finally back to normal but he's still scratching his head. Pedi had us put cortozone 1% on his itchy parts and that is helping to not scratch all night. He has spots on one of his arms, neck, and legs though but the lotion is definitely helping. Pedi also suggested we switch to a hypoallergenic formula to rule out any milk allergy. So he's on similac alimentum. I don't think the formula is the issue. My sitter was persistent about the lotion and that's what cleared him up.

You could try putting a humidifier in his room too to add more moisture.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"