December 2014 Moms
Options

Birth control options for after delivery?

2»

Re: Birth control options for after delivery?

• Options
    I was on a regular low dose BCP for years with no complications.  I have been thinking about birth control probably since somewhere in my 2nd tri, as I am scared of having another baby right away.  I have no idea how I would handle it plus paying for this kid's DC is enough to scare me away from having another baby for awhile.

My plan is to EBF for a year, so I can't take a method that worked perfect for me and when I stopped, only took us a couple months to get pregnant. Oh well!  I've started to look into the Paraguard copper IUD and am very seriously considering this.  We may go back to good ol' condoms for awhile.  I've known people to get pregnant on the mini pill so I'm a bit nervous of it.  Still deciding and will be based on how I feel PP.  Thanks all for the info here, very helpful to learn about others' experiences.
    EDD 12/3/14 First time Mom!

D14 Free for All

These two are just so funny...

Also, due date has come, gone and I am just so anxious to meet baby!  Please be healthy and strong baby, mama can't wait to meet you :)
  • Options
    I never was on BC before getting KU but this time around (should I have to have a cs) I will have a tubal ligation but if it's vaginal then DH is getting snipped.

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had Paraguard inserted at my 6 week check up after baby #1. It hurt like having a few contractions once inserted. I had heavier periods that lasted longer and were more painful than before. A year and a half after getting it I got pregnant with baby #2 and am due Dec 8th. I had to get it removed when I was 4 weeks and it was very painful. Was told I could have an etopic pregnancy or could miscarry when they removed it and had to go to the Dr for blood work and urine tests to check for viability up until I was 10 weeks. I will never get an IUD again. The convience is just not worth the extra side effects and emotional rollercoaster you're put on should you be the 1% like me and end up pregnant.
  • Options
    Has anyone had a Nexplanon put in 6 weeks after birth? Pros cons? I don't know what kind of BC to get but I had an IUD and didn't like it, and I'm trying not to go on an estrogen based BC cause I plan on breastfeeding and my Dr told me to check out the nexplanon.. Help?? Your experiences with it??
  • Options
    @thewardennn‌

https://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/meds/birthcontrol/

Good info.

Not about personal experiences with it but it gives you a good run down of lots of different BC options.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    We just used condoms between the first and the second because we knew we wanted to have them relatively close together and I didn't want to go on the pill just to get right back off it.  But since we dealt with secondary infertility we probably could have skipped the condoms altogether.

This time, we know we are finished, so I'm getting my tubes tied immediately after my c-section.  Already signed the paperwork.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @thewardennn - I've thought about nexplanon, I really like the idea of it....BUT. Having had a bad experience in the past with different types of non-implanted BC's (nuvaRing, Yaz) it freaks me out too much to use anything that I can't easily quit the moment I feel like I need to. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"