TTC After a Loss

Advice

I know everyone is different and situations vary, but I just wanted to know how long any of you waited before TTC again. Right now, my husband and I just want to be parents, even though our loss is very fresh. My 6 week appointment is next week and I'm very excited to be intimate with my husband again and we don't plan on actively trying to conceive just yet but now all I want is to be pregnant again. I'm sure this is a common emotion to have after such an event but I was curious, how long did you wait and how did you know you were ready? Like I said, I'm aware every person and situation are different but I'm just looking for some perspective. 

Thank you.

Re: Advice

• We waited three cycles before trying again after our first loss.  We probably would have tried right away, but my doctor benched me for that long.
    After my most recent losses, I tried again right away because they were chemicals and I was told waiting was not not necessary. 
    As for how we knew we were ready...well, we didn't.  But our desire for a child far outweighed the fear of trying again. 

We met in middle school. We got married 15 years later in a February blizzard of 2010. 
    TTC since February 2010
    Diagnosed with Lyme Disease June 2010 Diagnosed with PCOS March 2011 Diagnosed with Celiac Disease January 2013
    BFP #1: August 25th 2013 EDD May 4th 2014 SCH MC October 3rd 2013
    BFP #2: February 14th 2014 EDD October 25th 2014 CP February 17th 2014

Naked push-up foreplay pioneer
  • I was benched for nearly 18 months. Please follow your doctors orders. If you don't feel ready at that point wait until your desire to have a child outweighs the fear of another loss.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with everyone when they say listen to your Dr, they know best because everyone's situation can be different. Even if you want it right now, it's not worth the risk if your Dr doesn't think you're ready.

I'm sorry for your loss.
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Thank you all so much. I will definitely respect what my doc says (we see her next Wednesday) and I know that for myself I wanted to wait at least 2 cycles because I would like to see if I'm still emotionally ready after allowing myself to return to all "normal" aspects of my life (work, running, & intimacy without intent to get pregnant.) All of your advice helps. Again, thank you.
  • With my first loss, we waited one cycle before we started TTC again, as requested by my OB.

This loss is so new, that I haven't had a chance to speak to my OB about TTC again. But I'll follow whatever orders she gives me.
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• Sorry for your loss.
    As pp have stated, I always followed drs orders before ttc again. I believe that each time I was cleared after first AF, following d&c

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We were cleared and then waited another 2 months, due to business trips. All I wanted to do was to get pregnant again. I was trying to fill a void. The extra time allowed me to start healing emotionally though. Good luck.
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Everyone else has already covered it, but just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss.  As soon as my doctor clears us, we will be TTC.
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"