Minnesota Babies

How much do you pay for daycare?

If you don't mind me asking. :)

How much do you pay per kid per week or month? 
Is it a private daycare/daycare center/nanny/etc?
How many days/week are you using daycare?

image BabyFruit Ticker

Married 10-15-2011
BFP 10-30-2014
Baby's due 7-08-2015

Re: How much do you pay for daycare?

• We pay $200 for 5 days of daycare at an in-home that was so successful they bought a second home and hired a staff...so it's a cross between an in-home and a center.  When we go for 4 days in a week, it is $172. They provide diapers and all food. I found this is on the higher end of in-homes, but that's because of the diapers and the semi-center expertise. 

Good luck!  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is 2.5 and he is full-time in a center that is $265/wk.  They provide food, we provide diapers and wipes. 

Judging by your ticker, I would guess you are looking for infant care.  I would say that on average, centers run around $300/wk for full-time infants (they usually are considered infants until 16mos) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We just switched from an in-home to a center..

At the in-home, we were paying $145/week - food provided, we provided diapers and wipes.

At the center, we're paying $180/week - food provided, we provide diapers and wipes.

**NOTE: we're now just across the border in western WI. In home was in eastern suburbs (MN).

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

• LO is starting at an in home day school in January for $250/ week. I say "school" because she has a curriculum and does foeld trips, has someone come in and do Spanish, etc.. Which I think are things that make this more expensive than other in-homes.

Also, they keep the kids until 10 pm once a month for a "date night" ... This alone got me hooked!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD is in daycare 2 days a week and we pay $115 week.  She's at a center- they provide all food/snacks and we provide diapers/wipes.  We love it.  It's a small family owned center.  The only thing we would change is for them to do cloth diapers, but since it's only two days a week it's not that big of a deal to send disposables.  The other centers we looked at were $135-145 for two days a week- they would do cloth, but didn't provide meals/snacks.  Those centers also wouldn't give us priority at only two days a week- if another family came in wanting 3 days we could possible lose our days.  At the center we chose our days have priority :-)  
  • LO is starting at an in home day school in January for $250/ week. I say "school" because she has a curriculum and does foeld trips, has someone come in and do Spanish, etc.. Which I think are things that make this more expensive than other in-homes.

Also, they keep the kids until 10 pm once a month for a "date night" ... This alone got me hooked!

Where is this wonderful sounding place? I really hope you say in the Linden Hills/Fulton neighborhood and that they are accepting infants next June?
  • I pay $150/week.  My youngest goes 3 days a week and my oldest goes 2 days a week (she's in pre-k on one of the days).  I use an in home provider.  I provide food and when they were in diapers I provided those as well.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • AmberDerekAmberDerek member
    edited November 2014
    We pay $180 a week at a center. This is for four days a week. We love this center! They have field trips, licensed teachers in every room and have several fun family friendly events throughout the year. This price is for a preschooler. We pay $3 a day for a hot lunch. You get to choose from 4 different options for each day.
  • 5 days a week at a center
    one infant one toddler
    $243 for infant per week
    $213 for toddler
    with discount it amounts to about $2000 per month for both.

This is pretty cheap but we are in the north metro and I find DC is a little bit cheaper out that way.  Prior to this we had our son at an in home and we paid $200 per week.
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• We are in a inhome in the SW metro and pay $145/week for our 3 year old and $200/week for our nb.  Our provider includes food (breakfast, lunch, and a snack) and wipes.  We provide diapers and breast milk/formula.

We used a center for the first year with our older son and it was $325/week and included food (breakfast, lunch, and snack).  We provided diapers, wipes, and breast milk/formula.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm really glad I read through this post! I have two "school age" kids in a center, and they're relatively inexpensive. However, DH and I are TTC #3, and have been talking about what we might do for infant daycare. The center my older two go to for before and after school care is quite expensive for infant daycare- $350/week for 5 days. We had been talking about calling around and finding an in-home for infant care (when the time comes, of course), and it sounds like perhaps we need to explore that option!

Thanks for the good post, Kate5all!

TTC since March 2013

HSG: Sept 2014, clear tubes

Dx: MFI - Low motility, morph, count (Aug. 2014); Hypothyroidism (May 2015)

Moved to IUIs October 2014

IUI #1 w/ injections:  Nov 2014- BFN

IUI #2 w/ injections:  Jan 2015- BFN

IUI #3.1 w/ injections:  Feb. 2015, cancelled due to cysts- 10 days BCP

IUI #3.2 w/ injections:  Feb/March 2015- BFN

IUI #4 w/ 100mg Clomid +  Injections:  August 2015- BFN

IUI #5 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  September 2015- BFN

IUI #6 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  October 2015 - Cancelled due low response

Moved to IVF May 2016 

Retrieved 18 eggs on 05/27/2016, 13 were ICSI'd, 9 made it to day-five transfer

Transferred 2 beautiful day-five embryos on 06/01/2016, froze 7

BFP 4dp5dt on 06/05/2016!  Line continued to darken beautifully!

EDD:  February 17, 2017

Beta #1:  92

Beta #2:  305 

Ultrasound #1 - one baby!

Ultrasound #2 - saw heartbeat!

LFAF Badges:

• We go to an in home and it's $165 a week for our toddler.  When DD2 is born it will be $185 a week for her.  When we were at a center it would be almost $600 a week for both which is way too expensive for us.  We are happy we switched. 

• So, anyone want to offer the names of these great in home centers?
  • chicki1012chicki1012 member
    edited November 2014
    We pay 292 a week and it's a daycare facility. We decided on a center vs. at home care and we love where we are at even with the price
    ETA:we are in the north metro and we provide diapers and wipes. They provide food
  • I pay $412 a week for a Preschooler and Toddler  (10% discount on the younger kid)  Once I have 3 there it will be about $650/week.  THis is in Plymouth, MN and is a big center (but not a chain).  The chains in the area are more expensive.

We offer competitive weekly rates that include our innovative curriculum, diapers, wipes, formula, and all food.

Infants            $275/week

Toddlers          $230/week

Preschool         $205/week

Kindergarten:     $190/week
     Kindergarten rates are for those that turn 5 years old prior to Sept 1st.
    DD 7/2010, DS 3/2012, #3 due 4/24/2015

• About $1400 per month for an infant- Miniapple Montessori in Roseville
  • malisaannmalisaann member
    edited December 2014
    @TwinCitiesMomma- my thoughts exactly!

• We pay $250/week for our infant. We go to a small center in the SW suburbs. You for sure pay more in certain parts of the cities, and the larger centers in my area (Kindercare) are closer to $350/week. 

What's the name of the center?
  • We pay $125 a week for an in-home infant fulltime. Great deal! Centers were about $300 a week here (North of metro). When we were looking, in homes were about $170/week.

I'm a teacher and our spot will be held in the summer for free. :) centers won't do that!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @twincitiesmomma - I just saw this now..sorry! I'll PM you the info. 

Thanks! Sorry you can't make brunch this month.
  • We pay 230 a week for an infant in a center in Hugo full time.

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/346q8v4.jpg[/IMG]

~Melissa~       

• I'm pretty sure we found a daycare facility for our daughter in the North Metro, but looking to see if any of you have any alternate options that maybe I havent consdiered. We are in Brooklyn Park off 610/Noble and would consider Brooklyn Park, Minneapolis, or Maple Grove. We found a place 3 blocks from our house, brand new, and I felt great when I went there for a tour. Its $250/week.

Any other recomendations would be appreciated.

• I think for us its 375 for infant care center.  Its really close to our house too.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are doing a center and for infants it's also about 375/week for full-time care.  
    Anniversary

• oliv0026oliv0026 member
    edited December 2014
    DH and I decided to go for an Au Pair due to our needs going beyond what a childcare center can provide. We need someone in the evening and weekends, someone who can stay home with our kids or drive  them to whatever activity they have, and teach them Portuguese, cook, and help around the house as we dont have family members around. We are paying about 7000 upfront and then 195 per week for up to 45 hours of work per week plus their live in cost such as food. It comes to a total cost of about 365 per week and this is regardless of how many kids and ages. In our case, because we know we will have 2 but dont know the age ( we are adopting, it only makes sense to go for an Au Pair and I must say, that gives me a piece of mind knowing I will have all that help right in my home!
  • I'm pretty sure we found a daycare facility for our daughter in the North Metro, but looking to see if any of you have any alternate options that maybe I havent consdiered. We are in Brooklyn Park off 610/Noble and would consider Brooklyn Park, Minneapolis, or Maple Grove. We found a place 3 blocks from our house, brand new, and I felt great when I went there for a tour. Its $250/week.

Any other recomendations would be appreciated.

Lil Newton's Nest just opened a center in Maple grove.  We use the Plymouth location.  Great people, great rates for the area too.
    DD 7/2010, DS 3/2012, #3 due 4/24/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"