Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Nap Schedule?

How many naps is your LO taking a day? age? Duration? @ what time of day?

Thanks.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nap Schedule?

• My LO is 6 months old.  He takes 3-4 naps a day, usually only 30 minutes each.  There's no set schedule.  Once he yawns or starts to act tired I put him down.  If he naps less than 2 hours total I try to put him to bed a little earlier.  So far this seems to work for us.
  • My DS is almost 8 months old. He takes one nap in the morning and one in the afternoon, both lasting 45-60 minutes. He dropped the late afternoon nap a couple on months ago. I put him down in his crib when he's tired, not at a specific time.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is almost 8 months old and takes 2 naps a day, one in the morning around 9-10 and one in the afternoon around 2-3. Each nap is about 45-60 minutes. Sometimes he'll take a 2 hour nap but not very often.

• At 6m, I had DD on a 3 nap schedule: two 1.5-2h naps and one early evening cat nap of 30-45 minutes.

Her day looked like this: nap at 8:30, nap at 12:30, nap at 4:30. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Right now we are getting 2-30 min naps. I would KILL FOR a 2 hour nap!!!
  • Kriztyn said:
    Right now we are getting 2-30 min naps. I would KILL FOR a 2 hour nap!!!
    Overtired? What time are you putting her down at for a first nap? Second nap? Do you ever try for a 3rd nap?

• She eats at 7:00, nap at 9:30 (used to do an 8:00 nap, but she does not seem tired for that one anymore), then we try a nap after her 1:00 feeding  She sometimes will take a 3rd around 5:00-6:00 and then she's in bed for the night at 7:45 (she does sleep through the night).
  • I'd try a 9am (asleep by 9) nap and then a 12:30-1pm (depending on quality of first nap) nap, followed by an early evening catnap. 

I've definitely learned that an overtired baby looks a lot like a baby that is not ready to sleep (active and resisting sleep). Plus, a short, 30 minute nap, would make me think she's definitely overtired. 

• I will try that, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"