May 2014 Moms

Tylenol for teething at night?

DS is 5 1/2 months and is teething and lately having rough nights waking up clearly in pain from teething. He has not had a tooth break through yet. DH wants to give him tylenol before bed every night. Anyone else doing that? The past 3 nights he has slept all night and wakes up much happier. I just want to make sure I am not harming him giving him Tylenol every night.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tylenol for teething at night?

• I would ask your pedi. I don't think it will do any harm. It's not like you're dosing him all day every day. But considering the Tylenol only lasts for a few hours, its hard to say if that's really what's helping him get through the night.

FWIW, we still give DD gas drops every night before bed. This has been almost since she was born. It's just become so much a part of our routine. Does she still really need them, I don't know. Is it hurting her? Nope. So we'll keep doing it.
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Junebug060609Junebug060609 member
    edited November 2014
    I wouldn't do it unless baby is showing signs of discomfort, but yeah, Tylenol at bedtime is ok once in a while.

At 6 months they are allowed to have Advil/ibuprofen, so you're coming up on that. Advil ended up being my go-to for DSs teething pain.

You can probably ditch the gas drops now. At their age they are generally able to get the gas out on their own :)

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • DD is usually a very happy baby. The past two nights, she's been very unhappy and seems to be I discomfort. I've given Tylenol both nights.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"