April 2015 Moms

I had goals once...

Pre-pregnancy I had hopes and aspirations for pregnancy like keeping to a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Once MS hit that all went down the drain, and even now that I'm not very sick it's all about whatever sounds remotely appetizing at the moment. So I want to know, what were your goals for this pregnancy that have gone straight out the window? Or for moms who already have kids any parenting goals that you waved goodbye to long ago or said you "would never" with your kids until you found out what it's really like to have kids?

Re: I had goals once...

• @jenthehuman‌ I am actually about to eat a donut right now, lol. My mom said she bought donuts for "special trick-or-treaters" (aka kids she likes) and me because she knows I like them these days.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrsalvidrez‌ Halloween score! We're going to the IL's to pass out candy tonight. I don't know if I'm more excited to see all the cute kids or to eat MIL's homemade chili and cornbread. Ha!
  • The first two weeks I made these amazing smoothies with fruit and yogurt and kale, and I thought, "This is going to be the healthiest baby ever!" Sadly, MS kicked my butt and 13 weeks later I just keep trying to remember moderation in everything.
    Me (29), DH (30), Married 6/16/07
    #1: BFP 8/02/14, EDD 4/11/15

~~TEAM GREEN~~

BabyFruit Ticker   

****** April '15 January Siggy Challenge: Exercise/Workout Fails ****** image
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @qwanda2013‌ I feel ya girl. I was so hungry driving home from work today that I almost busted open a can of spaghetti o's and ate them straight from the can. I somehow refrained but the struggle was real.
  • I wanted to get to my goal weight, run a race, and go snowboarding (all in February) before I got pregnant with my second. Then *SURPRISE* I was pregnant with my second. So now I guess these are my goals for February 2016.

@MOtownMama‌ , I also exercised during my first pregnancy and lost the baby. I was (and still am) too afraid to exercise while pregnant with the next two. Logically I know it's fine, but I can't bring myself to do it.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had to accept the facts last pregnancy--my body wants to gain the weight. There's nothing I can do to stop it. I don't let myself feel too bad about that. I do wish I had the energy to do stuff this time 'round. I feel so exhausted most of the time I barely feel human! Feel very bad for my daughter, who hasn't been to the park in a while. Hopefully 2nd trimester energy will kick in sometime soon.
  • My goal is to gain more weight with this pregnancy than I did my other two. Both times I had serious issues about 2-3 months post partum where I had lost nearly all the baby weight and felt like breastfeeding was sucking the life out of me. I am just naturally more thin than what seems healthy for my body, but I struggle to put/keep weight on except during pregnancy. So far I haven't really gained any weight, as my ms and aversions are much worse with this pregnancy. Hopefully that will turn around soon!
  • I am trying to eat. Just eat. Most foods that appeal right now are bland carbs and starches, fruits and veggies (uncooked), pickles and mozzarella sticks. Most anything else makes me nauseous and is just not tasting good. I don't eat much anyway. It's a problem. I can possibly be eating enough for me, the nursing 16 month old and this little one. And I really want to make better food choices (more protein, less starch). I also would love for my energy to come back so I can go for my daily walk and yoga again.
  • tigerlily25tigerlily25 member
    edited November 2014

Like PP's, I had intentions of continuing my 4-5 times a week at the gym and healthy diet, but all of that went out the window. I've been indulging (a little too much!) with the eating and I haven't been to the gym since I found out I was pregnant. Oops!

I'm hoping now that I'm in my second trimester and starting to feel more like my normal self again, I can get back on track and continue with a healthier lifestyle as I was before.

Now that I've finished writing this I want to go eat a cookie so bad! 

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• snegde said:

MagalinaH said:

I too am craving sweets. Sour patch kids, fruit roll ups, gummy bears, soft serve, you name it. I had also cut out almost all refined sugar from my diet. I've also eaten frozen meals, ramen, and canned soup for the first time in over a year. Even with all of that, I've surprised myself in that I have zero guilt about it.

All the sour patch kids.

Me too with the Sour Patch Kids. To the point that my mouth is raw from eating so many..glad I'm not the only one :)
  • I've had to lower my expectations, change my goals from healthy prenatal yoga, swimming, salads and great smoothies. To making it through the day without vomiting, managing to poop, and staying awake till my kids fall asleep.
  • I've just thought this was going to be a easy pregnancy and it has been the complete opposite. I try not to be a worry wart but can't help it at times. I wanted to maintain good exercising but again it has been hard. I plan on Monday to hopefully change that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I never really set any goals for myself pre pregnancy but sometimes I'm genuinely disgusted at how much I eat and how inactive I am. I mean I try to eat healthy and go for walks but it feel like I don't have much willpower when I see a pizza and a couch.

Me(24) DH(26)/Married since March 2013
    BFP#1 February 18th 2014/EDD October 27th/MMC discovered at 10w/D&C April 7th 
    BFP#2 July 24th 2014/EDD April 4th 2015/Please be our RAINBOW!
  • I had this image of myself, that tough, fit pregnant lady that still did all of the things she always had - and then I found out how truly tired, out of breath, and nauseated pregnancy makes you... For the first trimester, making it through the work day felt like an accomplishment every day, and dragging myself through the grocery store was deserving of a medal! It's getting better. Housework is getting done, dinner is being cooked regularly, and I'm not throwing up anymore! Small victories. Now I have to convince myself that no, I don't need fried chicken and Jo Jos every day for lunch. We're going to Hawaii in three weeks, and my poor butt and thighs are no where near beach ready :(
  • I've still been making it to the gym but it's basically to counteract the ridiculous amounts of carbs and cheese I've been consuming lately.
  • I begged my husband to buy me this spinning bike and I said I'd ride it every day. I've ridden it maybe 10 times.

• I just ate pumpkin cheesecake. For breakfast

Dating since 6/9/10...Married 6/9/14
    BFP 8/18/14...EDD 4/29/15
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • I cut out caffeine/soda when TTC and had no intention of starting again while PG. Unfortunately the awful headaches set in for 2nd trimester ( I never had these with DS) and chasing down Tylenol with caffeine in the morning is all I can do to take the edge off. I still keep it in check, of course, but I usually have a caffeinated drink each day. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I also could've written this post. I Had goals to eat healthy and exercise throughout the pregnancy. The first 7-8 weeks I was very good until the nausea set in. I was constantly eating whatever didn't make me nauseous to keep me from constantly feeling it because when I are was the only time I didn't feel it. I also was doing T25 in the beginning until the nausea and exhaustion took over. I recently bought a prenatal workout video which I started. I definitely could be eating better. I believe I am up 12lbs and will be 18 weeks tomorrow.

BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11
    BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12   BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate) HSG 6/13-all clear BFP#4 11/18/13 natural m/c on 11/23  IVF #1 (Natural IVF Cycle) May 2014- Cycle failed (embryo did not make it to blast) BFP#5-7/26/14 GROW BABY GROW    IT'S A BOY DUE 4/5/15!

• I can't believe how clueless I was about how pregnancy affects you BEFORE you get a large belly.  I always thought the belly would be the big hindrance to everything but here I am still with no belly and a million little things that I didn't expect.  Like vertigo and being out of breath all the time and lower abdominal cramps after I run (another one: running which is now torture), food/liquid aversions, etc.  And I would even say my pregnancy has been fairly easy so far which makes it even more surprising how something so small can wreak such havoc.  :-)
  • Not that I had goals specifically for my pregnancy, but just assumed I'd be maintaining my healthy-ish mostly organic non-preservative diet.

I didn't try too hard to stick with it. Now, I'm all about Chickfila (like a PP), cheddar ruffles, saralee pound cake, ginger ale daily.

Actually, I've never had so much soda in my life, as I have in the past few months

Luckily my BP, HR, and weight hasn't changed. Actually, my lack of weight has been my stress. Just went in this past week, told not to worry. But I'm green with envy of those who gained 10
    J+J 05.12  .  N 04.15  .   No.2 due 06.17
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lack of protein can bring on the sugar cravings. My GF gain 75lbs with her first because she learned that too late. For a couple weeks all I wanted was Campbell's Tomoto Soup or pasta. Only starting to eat cruciferous veggies now; too difficult to digest during 1stT.
  • I've always imagined myself as this cute pregnant swimmer. I've been a swimmer forever and I know it's a great pregnancy exercise. However, just like PP, getting through the workday was a success in its own. I'm now cooking and cleaning, and I'll be headed out for a hike today. I just made my husband promise to motivate me in exercising, hopefully that will help.
  • Same here, I could have written the original post word for word. I took my prenatals, ate healthfully, did yoga, and ran everyday for a year leading up to my pregnancy. Then around 4 weeks I got HG ( super duper MS). I couldn't move let alone exercise. I was eating Tigers Milk bars, pizza and bean and cheese burritos everyday for three months. Finally Zofran has actually started working and I actually ate a salad the other night for the first time in four months! I say do the best you can, and don't beat yourself up about MS. There is only so much we can do when battling with our own bodies.
  • At first I was eating healthy, including juicing and exercising. Then MS or all day sickness hit from week 6 to 14. Once that ended all the baby prefers is junk foods. At 19 weeks, I'm working on at least stretching and walking. The struggle is real.
  • I told myself I was going to be a fit pregnant woman who did yoga and ate really well. I haven't changed my eating which isn't the healthiest but isn't terrible. I hardly work out despite having bought the books. And it's not because I was sick and didn't have energy. It's because I don't wanna
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"