January 2015 Moms
Options

playing music for baby

Yesterday there was a Halloween parade at school where they were playing music really loudly over the loudspeaker.  Baby boy instantly started moving around a ton!  When I got home I was telling my husband and so we put some music on the ipod and put some headphones up to my belly.  He started moving around again right away!  I only left it on for a few minutes, because then I started getting worried that maybe the music was too loud and it was bothering him.  Has anyone else played music for baby using regular headphones?  If so, how loud can you have it?  I've seen that there are special headphones you can buy just for this purpose, but I'm guessing those are a waste of money.... Any thoughts or experience?

Re: playing music for baby

• Options
    I read somewhere that it shouldn't be too loud and headphones aren't necessary because the sound travels differently in the amniotic fluid.  I've played music for her occassionally and i just put my phone or ipod on my lap at a comfortable level for myself.  She still reacts to it.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I haven't tried to play music just for my tummy. I did go to a concert (Seether) about a month ago, and she was moving all around for that. I had balcony seating in the back of the venue and that helped dampen the noise a bit.

Pregnancy Ticker

January '15 January Siggy Challenge: Newborn/Baby Fails

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Even in the car, baby starts moving around when the radio is on. If I sing along, she loves it and dances. It makes me insanely happy.

I've been making a point to play music more but I dont use headphones because I know she can hear it without them. I also will put on classical music when I'm stressed out to calm myself down, and I hope that after she's born, I can use the classical music as a tool to calm her down too. (wishful thinking? I hope not).

One last thought - this baby girl loves bollywood music. I think she love the beats. And I think she knows she's half Indian! :)
  • Options
    I play piano and sing at church every Sunday, and it's actually one of the only times he stops moving to listen. I've sung around the house some, and he'll give a couple of good kicks. So sweet. Sometimes it seems to help him relax in the evenings.

I try not to sing and play too much, and for concerts, I tend to sit further back and maybe put a sweater over my belly to try and dampen the sound a little.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"