September 2014 Moms
Options

WWYD -- trick-or-treating

I originally planned on wearing the baby while we go trick-or-treating tonight.  It's DD1's first year trick-or-treating, and DH and I both wanted to go.  Of course, temperatures plummeted just in time for Halloween.  It's going to be a high of 43 here, so by evening, I'm guessing it'll be low forties, high thirties.  Would you still wear the baby and go out, or do you think DH or I should stay with her inside?  I'm torn.  She'll be in the infant insert in the Ergo, which is pretty warm and snuggly.  She sweats in it at room temperature.  But I worry about her feet and hands and head, even if I keep them covered with extra socks and hats and stuff.

Re: WWYD -- trick-or-treating

• Options
    I say wrap a blanket around the outside of the ergo tucking it in around the hands and feet, babies are a lot more durable then we give them credit for!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are in the exact same place. I will also wear DD in the ergo and use a blanket. We won't be out long because DS is little too. I am not too worried about it because a few weeks ago we took DD camping and it was in the low 50's one day. I wore her in the ergo and we were both sweating.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are going toting, tonight for us will be in the mid 30s. I don't have a wrap but I'm putting DS in the stroller, I'm going to bundle him up all cozy, we are starting at 4. We have a kids fest downtown for small children, school kids get out at 3 but unless they have a SAHM/SAHD they won't be there. DD is really excited about going this year. I agree with wrapping a blanket around and tucking it in if she gets cold, and don't stay out with her too long, your or your H could stay out with your older DD and the other one take baby.
  • Options
    I feel like a total pansy. I'm debating on leaving baby home. It's gonna be in the 50s here. But in my defense, that's pretty chilly for Louisiana. Lol
  • Options
    Jax2013 said:

I feel like a total pansy. I'm debating on leaving baby home. It's gonna be in the 50s here. But in my defense, that's pretty chilly for Louisiana. Lol

I'm surprised we are getting cold weather, I didn't think we would be part of the artic blast
  • Options
    I'd go for it. :) We're splitting up and I'm handing out candy with the little one, while DH is taking our almost- two year old for the first time. I'm a bit sad that I'm missing it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    I'm taking my toddler and lo over to my grampas and passing it candy there
  • Options
    There's snow on the ground here. It feels like -9, which is like 15 Farenheit for you Yankees. I am debating leaving LO inside. That or put her in the car seat and carry her to people's doors. Brrr.
  • Options
    We all ended up going out, and LO passed out in the Ergo wrapped in an extra blanket.  I think she was the warmest one of us all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"