September 2012 Moms

Weekend Plans?

Whats going on this weekend ladies? Any fun things planned? Something you're dreading?

Re: Weekend Plans?

• We are going shoe shopping for DH, it will be an experience! He seems to think that it is perfectly acceptable to continue wearing his current shoes even if there is a 2x3 inch hole on the side. I would probably be less irritated about the whole thing if a) he didn't wear them to work and b) it wasn't nearing winter in MN.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Today will be ToTing probably eating dinner out. Then Saturday DH works a 12 hour shift so DS and I will hang out at home and get the weekly cleaning done. Sunday we're heading OOT for the day to shop. The closest Target is 1+ hour away so I plan to hit there, Home Goods, Pier 1 and of course Starbucks. I need a few things for vacation. That pretty much sums up our weekend.

I'm looking forward to hopefully sleepging in a bit tomorrow too. Come on DS cooperate!

• Loading the player...
  • AKB090609 said:
    We are going shoe shopping for DH, it will be an experience! He seems to think that it is perfectly acceptable to continue wearing his current shoes even if there is a 2x3 inch hole on the side. I would probably be less irritated about the whole thing if a) he didn't wear them to work and b) it wasn't nearing winter in MN.
    My H has the opposite problem. He has SO many pairs of shoes. His vices, jackets and shoes.

• AKB090609 said:
    We are going shoe shopping for DH, it will be an experience! He seems to think that it is perfectly acceptable to continue wearing his current shoes even if there is a 2x3 inch hole on the side. I would probably be less irritated about the whole thing if a) he didn't wear them to work and b) it wasn't nearing winter in MN.
    Oh I dread shoe shopping with DH, well frankly all shopping with him he's just too tall for things and its always a process!  and not a fun process shopping should be fun - lets look at that, try on this.  Some how.  DH takes the fun out of it and i end up wanting to nap in dressing rooms - haha

I hope your experience is better or maybe you can stop for a treat like coffee or a cookie or wine 
    :D
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • My parents get home from a 3 week Asian vacation tonight, so we will see them tomorrow night for diner.
    Other than that we will be doing the usual erands and packing to move in two weeks.
                        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH works until 7 tonight, then we are avoiding TOTers.  

DH works a 24 starting Saturday at 7 am, so Luci and I are home alone.  I am thinking about making a bunch of food to freeze, etc. so that I don't have to cook next week.  Then Luci and I will play and I hope she is able to finally rest.  

Then Sunday is church, and cleaning the house and resting together as a family.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• AKB090609 said:

This is exactly my husband. I have to remind that while we are not rich, we are not destitute, and can buy him a new pair of shoes once every 3 years. I also remind him that he is not a hobo and works in an office. He eventually gets tired of my nagging.

Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Dh leaves tonight for his second job and will be back late tomorrow afternoon.

My mom was going to come down and help me with yard work, but it's supposed to rain. Now she's coming down to hang with DD so I can lock myself in the spare bedroom with the computer and finish grades since I'm missing my work day today. I don't dare drag that mess out right now.

I saw Frozen toddler dolls at Costco last weekend, but Santa didn't get paid until today, so Santa also has a shopping trip to make. I've been scoping them out on Amazon and these are way cheaper. And come with Sven the reindeer!
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • We'll be TOTing and handing out candy tonight.  Tomorrow we'll be running errands and doing stuff around the house.  We still have a lot of unpacking and organizing to do and I'd like to put a dent in it this weekend.  I'm not an overly clean person, but I'm even getting bothered by all the stuff lying around.  Sunday more of the same and then I'll likely go to dinner at my mom's house. 
  • ToT party with friends at our house tonight--feeling overwhelmed that I need to get stuff ready but looking forward to spending time with people.

Board meeting for nonprofit tomorrow--NOT looking forward to that, some real tension and some stupid arguments that I don't enjoy sitting through.

Church on Sunday, then I get to have a free afternoon while DH watches the Bears game with his football buddy (aka our toddler).  I'm looking forward to spending time by myself, working.  Yeah, I know. Boring.
  • Busy Halloween today. Then Costco tomorrow and any other errands. Sunday will be packing for our trip to TX next week and some cleaning. We are so not exciting.
  • Nothing much...

ToTing tonight. 

No set plans for tomorrow- yay!

Sunday- MH's football game, which we all usually all go to, but it's going to be 50 degrees & cloudy/windy, so I'm thinking I will be finding something else to do with the kids!

• 27boo said:
    This is exactly my husband. I have to remind that while we are not rich, we are not destitute, and can buy him a new pair of shoes once every 3 years. I also remind him that he is not a hobo and works in an office. He eventually gets tired of my nagging.
    My nagging didn't do it this time so at our BBQ last week I recruited his work buddies to hassle him about it, he finally admitted last night that we need to deal with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ToT at the mall at 3:00 with E and B's dad, he has to work tonight so this is the only way to keep him involved. Then we're ToT around our neighborhood tonight.

Tomorrow, Emma has soccer and then I'm taking the little girls to Anaheim. DH and his coworkers are hosting a panel and meet and greet for their fans. And on Sunday, the fan meet up continues at Disneyland. I'm still considering taking the girls for a few hours. I'm not sure if I want to deal with a newborn and toddler at Disneyland by myself. DH will be busy with the event.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • jenndub said:
    ToT at the mall at 3:00 with E and B's dad, he has to work tonight so this is the only way to keep him involved. Then we're ToT around our neighborhood tonight. Tomorrow, Emma has soccer and then I'm taking the little girls to Anaheim. DH and his coworkers are hosting a panel and meet and greet for their fans. And on Sunday, the fan meet up continues at Disneyland. I'm still considering taking the girls for a few hours. I'm not sure if I want to deal with a newborn and toddler at Disneyland by myself. DH will be busy with the event.
    This sounds so fun. What is it that your DH does again?

• Pokedot said:

jenndub said:

ToT at the mall at 3:00 with E and B's dad, he has to work tonight so this is the only way to keep him involved. Then we're ToT around our neighborhood tonight. Tomorrow, Emma has soccer and then I'm taking the little girls to Anaheim. DH and his coworkers are hosting a panel and meet and greet for their fans. And on Sunday, the fan meet up continues at Disneyland. I'm still considering taking the girls for a few hours. I'm not sure if I want to deal with a newborn and toddler at Disneyland by myself. DH will be busy with the event.

He makes video game parodies and advertisements. They also have a weekly podcast and make their own show that they sell on DVD. Mega64, Google it if you dare. They have some weird stuff out there.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • jenndub said:
    jenndub said:
    He makes video game parodies and advertisements. They also have a weekly podcast and make their own show that they sell on DVD. Mega64, Google it if you dare. They have some weird stuff out there.

Awesome! I'll google with caution :)

• More sitting around. I seriously suck at sitting. 

DH will take L to Little Gym tomorrow and maybe to their Halloween party on Sunday too. Other than that, nothing. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • The boys have swim lessons tomorrow. We are all pretty exhausted from this week so we have nothing planned. At some point the house needs to be cleaned, laundry needs to be done and we need to go to the grocery store, but other than that we will be hanging out, snuggling and playing.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • amandad715amandad715 member
    edited November 2014
    Hosted a "warm up after ToTing chili party" last night and made 2 chilis-1 white chx chili in the crockpot which was delish and the Boiler-maker one, which was a lot of work but probably the most flavorful I've ever made. So worth the work on Thurs. Will lasted 25 min ToTing in 30 degree temps and Jack lasted about 45 min. 
    Today I got my hair trimmed and Will had soccer tots. We are laying low today, which I am looking forward to. I have a TON of grading to do and DH is going to put some extra shelving in our laundry room after 3 years of talking about it.
    Tomorrow I have to go in to school to work on next week's lesson plans that I didn't finish and 3 days worth of sub plans. Due to our baby-sitter issues, I'm having to take a sick day Mon and I have 2 PD days Thur & Fri. Yuck. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I got myself and all 4 kids to Emma's soccer game this morning. It was 40 minutes away and we had to be there at 8. And it was raining, in San Diego! Then I drove the two little girls to Anaheim. I'm now nursing the baby while feeding Sawyer her lunch. We have to be at DH's panel in 10 minutes. I'm exhausted and it's only 1:00. Ugh.

• @jenndub‌ Seriously. You are super mom. I don't know how you do it! I had to be out the door with one kid by 8:10 and I was still 10 mins late. I need to know your secrets!! Awesome job!!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • AlinnJo said:

@jenndub‌ Seriously. You are super mom. I don't know how you do it! I had to be out the door with one kid by 8:10 and I was still 10 mins late. I need to know your secrets!! Awesome job!!

Thanks! My secret is to never sleep or do my hair. I also get everything ready for the next day or days the night before. I had outfits laid out and the car packed last night. I even had Sawyer's water cup in her car seat waiting for her. I had all of her snacks in ziploc bags for today and tomorrow. I still ran around like crazy this morning but I didn't forget anything.

• jenndub said:
    I got myself and all 4 kids to Emma's soccer game this morning. It was 40 minutes away and we had to be there at 8. And it was raining, in San Diego! Then I drove the two little girls to Anaheim. I'm now nursing the baby while feeding Sawyer her lunch. We have to be at DH's panel in 10 minutes. I'm exhausted and it's only 1:00. Ugh.
    I want to take a nap after reading that. Hopefully you'll get a little extra sleep tonight with the time change and all!

• Eastie156Eastie156 member
    edited November 2014
    We went ToT last night and then to our neighbors for dinner after. Honestly, I love living in a neighborhood where everyone hangs out with each other. Cleaned today and family pictures tomorrow and then football in the afternoon. I have to squeeze some homework in there somewhere as well.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• jenndub said:

AlinnJo said:

@jenndub‌ Seriously. You are super mom. I don't know how you do it! I had to be out the door with one kid by 8:10 and I was still 10 mins late. I need to know your secrets!! Awesome job!!

Thanks! My secret is to never sleep or do my hair. I also get everything ready for the next day or days the night before. I had outfits laid out and the car packed last night. I even had Sawyer's water cup in her car seat waiting for her. I had all of her snacks in ziploc bags for today and tomorrow. I still ran around like crazy this morning but I didn't forget anything.
    I am terrible at prepping the night before. Maybe I can convince myself when #3 comes around it will make us all less crazy if I take some time beforehand. I am really bad at time management and always think things won't take as long as they will. Plus, I always think I'll wake up earlier to do make up for it. And I am usually running around the last one ready. ::sigh, when will I ever learn::
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Well our plans got waylaid. DH came home from work in terrible pain this morning. He ended up in the ER and then got transferred to the nearest big city. I think he is having his gall bladder removed tomorrow and having a central line put in to do blood dialysis with. I'm not sure how long we are going to end up staying here....

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Oh no @willy_gert‌. I hope everything is ok.
  • Oh no willy_gert! FX everything went well and it's a fast recover.

• Hope he is doing ok Willy and you guys are back home soon!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Huge hugs @willy_gert‌

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"