September 2012 Moms

Happy Halloween :)

So I don't want to work and just hours and boring meetings standing between me and the time I am out of here to go watch my child attempt to march in his Halloween parade.  

Festive Chit Chat - What did your child decide to dress up as (bonus points for cute pictures)

are you trick or treating tonight.  so of my Facebook friends (including some near living near where i grew up trick or treated last night.  I don't see the point - a school night, when Halloween is on a Friday....  Thoughts?  

are you taking your child out Trick or treating this evening or passing out candy?

Our township does TOT tonight so we'll take the LO out for a bit; maybe running around outside will tucker the little guy out.  Lately he has been pushing bedtime!  We plan to leave a bowl of candy behind with a sign "please take one".  We'll see how long that lasts - haha!

my read shelf:
Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!

Re: Happy Halloween :)

• We have a busy, busy day. The Halloween parade at Maya's school is at 2 and I have to be there at 1:40 to help with her costume. When that's over we have to get to Ethan's school for his parade at 3:30. Trunk or Treat starts at 4 and I'm doing a Jamberry booth, so I have to set that up in DH's car beforehand (He better be on time). That will be 4-6, then we will head home for some Trick or Treating in our neighborhood. Maya is Elsa and Ethan is Olaf. They haven't worn the costumes yet but I'm hoping to post some cute pics on IG later.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is going as a fireman. I don't have a picture of him in the costume because he finally tried the whole thing on last night before we went to an assisted living place for some TOTing. It's freezing here right now. 32* and snowing :(( I plan to taking DS TOTing for a bit when it starts then come home to hand out candy. DH works until 6 with TOTing lasting until 7pm so it's me for the first good hour anyways.

• I think I'm going to go in and work at the dealership today. I might have to stop and grab a donut before I go in!

We had a Halloween party at playgroup yesterday. I jut had Quinn wear her minnie birthday dress and some minnie ears. She has no interest in dressing up!

It is supposed to be cold and rainy here tonight so we aren't going TOT. We don't live in town so we'd have to get her in and out of the car to go stop by the houses of people we know. It wouldn't be fun.

We also don't get any TOTers out where we live in the country so it will be a normal Friday night for us! 
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh i completely forgot to include what DS was dressing up as! he picked a little chef costume. (a little hat and coat) we are hoping he wears it. 

he wore it at boo at the zoo as we told him he had to wear it do the trick or treating part.  he complied :)

our old house (a townhouse community) we only got a had full of kids but in our new single family home also in a development we get a ton.  (i nearly ran out of candy last year - i almost start to give out raisins and granola!!).  

I love seeing all the little kids dressed up -  although i have to admit last year a few of them schooled me on who they where.  Apparently i was not in the know on my kids shows!
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Luci was a K-State cheerleader last night for our town's TOT Main Street.  All the downtown business come out and hand out candy.  It was fun and she enjoyed it.  

We aren't going TOTing tonight because last night was enough.  We also will not hand out candy because the only TOTers we got last year were teens that were dressed super scary.  I'm not interested in a terrified toddler.  

I like what our town did with the downtown businesses, but I think just deciding to TOT on a different night is rude.  You are asking other people for free candy, you do it on the designated  night.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Also totally annoyed with my boss right now. She told me earlier in the week that she was going to sign off around 3 today because she is doing zombie make up on a little neighbor girl. That's cool, no big deal. She just forwarded me a meeting invite to be her proxy, from 4-5pm. Dude, I have little kids and it is Halloween. Just tell the host that we can't go to the meeting at that time. Our office normally closes at 4 today.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Jasper is still sick, so I'm up in the air about whether or not to take him truck or treating. I will still dress them up and take them over to family members' houses, but it's also windier than piss here so even if he is feeling better, I'm not sure we will do too much walking around. After a month of asking him what he wanted to be, and him replying 'a sock', I chose a burglar for him. Briar is going to be a koala. I'll post a picture of them later!
  • DD is sick. I think we'll get a big bag of candy, light our pumpkins, and hope for trick or treaters.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • hmp1 said:
    Also totally annoyed with my boss right now. She told me earlier in the week that she was going to sign off around 3 today because she is doing zombie make up on a little neighbor girl. That's cool, no big deal. She just forwarded me a meeting invite to be her proxy, from 4-5pm. Dude, I have little kids and it is Halloween. Just tell the host that we can't go to the meeting at that time. Our office normally closes at 4 today.
    Can you tell her you're not available that late, since it's technically after hours? So annoying. Our office is dead today.

• melody921 said:
    hmp1 said:
    Also totally annoyed with my boss right now. She told me earlier in the week that she was going to sign off around 3 today because she is doing zombie make up on a little neighbor girl. That's cool, no big deal. She just forwarded me a meeting invite to be her proxy, from 4-5pm. Dude, I have little kids and it is Halloween. Just tell the host that we can't go to the meeting at that time. Our office normally closes at 4 today.
    Can you tell her you're not available that late, since it's technically after hours? So annoying. Our office is dead today.
    OMG that was a pretty douche move on her part. Sorry :(

• crene84 said:
    Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf.  I cannot for the life of me get a single picture of DS in it smiling..so disappointing!  He won't be wearing it tonight.

Sometimes the crying ones are the funniest/cutest. I have 2 years of tears:

• G is going to be Minnie. MOTY I just tried her costume on before nap and it doens't fit. I need to cut the sleeves. With the amount of layers she needs to wear under her costume she will look like hulk minnie.  

We are meeting my sister at my mom's. My mom lives in a big neighborhood. Houses are close together. I think 2 of my sister's kids are scary so I am hoping they really tone it down or Grace sees them before they have make up on. If she's scared we will just separate or leave.  

I do not want to see my mom. At all. I don't even want to go ToT at this point. I feel like asking my sister to just take her. Which she would. But she's my kid and I'm sure I'd regret not seeing her first time ToT. 

• AKB090609 said:
    We will do TOT on our block tonight (7 houses) DD1 will be a ladybug and DD2 will be a bee. They are the warmest costumes we have, I will likely dip into their dress up gear and wear a cape. I'm just glad there won't be any snow here!
    @AKB090609 Lol, our kids are wearing the exact same costumes... DD1 as ladybug, DD2 as bee.  Bug (short for lovebug) has always been one of Sophia's nicknames from her dad and me, so that's why we chose them. I don't think I'll dress up though. 

We're doing a trunk or treat/ costume carnival at our church.  They're going all out with bouncy houses, petting zoo, games and candy, and dinner, so I think it will be fun for the kids, and they should have some stuff for younger LOs too.  I'm not opposed to ToTing a few houses on our block too, but I think we'll probably miss the window since the church thing is 5-7, and then it's pretty much bedtime.

• kdsmith43 said:
    Had to post this...
    I totally just said I was going to wear pjs and go as a SAHM. I am giving up. I don't want to try and figure something out for myself at all. 
  • FlamingemuFlamingemu member
    edited November 2014
    Holy Hell! How do I resize?

ETA - I put them in Photobucket and resized, is there a way to do that when c&ping?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh

• My little Doctors

This is my most favorite thing ever! I love it!

Thank you! :D I was a little sad no one knew who they were. The costumes were mostly for me, and I loved them (sorry to sound immodest). I dressed as Rose, but we never got a picture :(
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"